Sponsored

Ford dealership snapped bolts to skid plate.

Lil Red Broncette

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Base

RustysBronco

Badlands
First Name
Matt "Rusty" R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's these effin lube techs using impact guns on shit they shouldn't be. Get em to fix it. If they don't, file a dispute with your credit card Co for the whole service bill and drop a BBB Compliant on their head. That'll get people to stop sitting on their hands.

swamp2

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
911 Carrera S / 4Runner TRD Pro
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Ford advertises Bronco as the "King Of The Offroaders" . . . and yet too many Ford Service Departments challenge this notion and still refer to the Bronco as "a car" 🤬🤣
Great post (all of it).

And I'm fairly sure it is official Ford marketing video showing folks jumping the Bronco Raptor.

omi205

Badlands
First Name
BoJack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad you got it figured out. Had my 1k oil change done 4 month ago and I was so worried that they would not know how to handle the stock skid plates. Went to a Ford dealership too. First thing I did when I got a block away was pull over to the side, pop the hood, check for any oil mess/caps/leaks, then look under the car for oil mess/drips/the skids. They did a good job. However, I am about to replace the entire underbody with RCI skid plates, just waiting on the lower control arm skid. Worried they might give me issues about it. Should be the same removal process as stock badlands skid.

Sponsored

gwp

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson FLTRUSE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, I'm at the dealership getting an oil change and was informed that the oil change techs snapped the bolts while removing my skid plates. They blamed it on the me taking it on the sand dunes and said the sand build up caused the issue and are making me pay for it. Could there be any truth to this or do you think they're passing the buck?
You need a better dealer!! My dealer broke a bolt on my ICON aftermarket skid plate when changing the oil. An independent shop used red Loctite when installing the skid plate, making the bolts obviously very hard to remove. ICON shipped me two new bolts FREE (excellent service), and the dealer drilled out the old bolt and replaced it with the new ICON bolts for FREE, in a second appointment.

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad you got it figured out. Had my 1k oil change done 4 month ago and I was so worried that they would not know how to handle the stock skid plates. Went to a Ford dealership too. First thing I did when I got a block away was pull over to the side, pop the hood, check for any oil mess/caps/leaks, then look under the car for oil mess/drips/the skids. They did a good job. However, I am about to replace the entire underbody with RCI skid plates, just waiting on the lower control arm skid. Worried they might give me issues about it. Should be the same removal process as stock badlands skid.
The RCI skids are more difficult to work with. The stock engine skid and front bash plate are not connected, so it is easy to remove the engine skid to change the oil. With the RCI setup, the engine skid and front bash plate are bolted together and must be installed/removed as a single piece.

In addition, the RCI transmission skid plate needs to be loosened when installing the front skids. The skids touch on the edges where they meet, and it is difficult to properly install the engine skid with the transmission skid fully tightened.

Fmuguira

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That is wild! No, the dealer tech broke them, it is their responsibility.

I bet they hit them with an air gun at maximum uggas.
+1 ….. impact/air tool and no common sense or too big of a hurry by “oiler” ….Typically lowest paid guy in shop and no one I want touching my rig. ( thus I do my own changes)

Make them fix it !! Sand excuse is crap !!

Dadsquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Had my oil changed at the dealership the other day. They broke my RCI transmission skid and never said a thing. I noticed once I got home and the bolts were no longer recessed up in the bolt hole pockets. The bolt heads were fully exposed with huge washers to make up for the broken end cap on two of the four bolt holes. They likely torqued them down too much and they snapped. Worth noting I have the black painted aluminum skids from RCI.

Regardless, I called the dealer, complained, and sent these photos and they are ordering me a new one. Luckily they are in stock right now, because they usually are made to order with a few week lead time.

I'll be taking my skids off myself for maintenance from now on.

Ford Bronco Ford dealership snapped bolts to skid plate. 5

Ford Bronco Ford dealership snapped bolts to skid plate. 4

Ford Bronco Ford dealership snapped bolts to skid plate. 3

Ford Bronco Ford dealership snapped bolts to skid plate. 2

Ford Bronco Ford dealership snapped bolts to skid plate. 1
Sponsored