Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
...We have to figure,for someone to buy a 40-60k vehicle,you have to put more down than 100.00.Especially if you don't have a decent trade in...Who wants to have a car note of 1000.00 a month for 4 or 5 years...
If I can get an interest rate in the 2s...then I would carry that note for 4-5years. Even though I could write a check with no problem....I'd rather pay with someone else's money if it's basically a free loan to me that I can make more off than that low interest rate. That said, this is for a deposit. I'd rather stick with the $100 anyway, even I decide to put down a big down payment, because there is a big time lag between order and delivery, and I can avoid the minor hassle of paying it when I order.
Sponsored

Thall551

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend 2 Door - Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My dealer rep at Newton Ford in Shelbyville, Tn said they will require a $1,000 non-refundable deposit. The initial $100 will be applied to that amount, so $900 additional out of pocket at the tile of ordering.

ctel23

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Most Chevrolet dealers require anywhere from 1k to 5k down (refundable) at reservation and then 5% down on your total m.s.r.p at the time of order. This helps keep the conversion/order numbers accurate.

aternie

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I'm sure the deposit will be entirely up to the dealer, and probably like $500 at the most. I don't care either way, hell it's $500 less to finance.
Yep. I'm totally good with an additional deposit. Its not being tacked on to the price of the truck. It will be taken from the bottom line.

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Can they require a nonrefundable depot? Can't you walk away if you get it and decide you dont want it?

Its not fair to put your life on hold for a year and then keep your money if they are late...

Sponsored

Odie

Black Diamond
First Name
owen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My yesterday my sales guy suggested it would be $500, told him "now if fine". He said to wait.. lol.
Mine in florida said $500 as well

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

No insider info here; everything you said on the Ford side of the equation foots with what I've read.

But I've communicated with 6-8 dealers. Ford has not specifically told them how to select customers to fill their allocation; perhaps they are not legally able to exert that kind of control. Has Ford told you to fill your allocation by timestamp order?

I know of a couple of dealers who are doing it that way...and I know of a couple who are not.
What my salesman told me, was Ford has not defined the exact process of order fulfillment. In the past, it has been very hit or miss and is largely determined by order options and availability. They are a large dealership with 2/3 of their business A/Z plan. Lot's of Ford employees are customers and we all have lots of neighbors/friends/family that work for Ford. They do get some "insider" info (just hearing from employees about some process details, nothing earth shattering). As he understands it, customer orders are first. If there is capacity, dealer orders, in a particular batch, will be filled. This creates the haphazard manner in which the dealer orders actually hit the lot. They could order one vehicle 2 months ago, another two weeks ago, the second fits the production schedule and shows up. This should not result in any delay for actual reservations, beyond the batch build process.

Fonz54

Badlands
First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Commander, Porsche Cayenne, Mercedes C250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

1601662188070.png
s eamil - mid October B&P
This may have been asked before and if so I must have missed it. I reserved an Outer Banks model. When it comes time to do the Build & Price, will you be allowed to change the model you select?

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'd be a LOT more comfortable with this deposit language coming from Ford if they were also requiring dealers to publicly state their deposit requirements BEFORE the deadline to move our reservations.
Fair point, but downside is requiring that deposit in the middle of the holiday season when some families' finances are already stretched.

ClaviusBase

Outer Banks
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sasquatch Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This may have been asked before and if so I must have missed it. I reserved an Outer Banks model. When it comes time to do the Build & Price, will you be allowed to change the model you select?
when you place your order you can change your model.

Sponsored

jonwithanelcamino

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
El Camino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

That clears up and confirms A LOT that we've been hearing.

Curious how this will work though:

"Be sure to save your configuration from For‌d‌.‌com to share with your dealer."

I read somewhere that we couldn't do this.
In previous BnP's , I've seen the ability to print it out or send to a dealer. I have not looked at Ford's lately though.

mrklas

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford screwed the pooch on this email in my opinion.

The reservation process and establishing specific rules seemed to be focused on aligning the dealers with the Ford supply chain strategy.

Ford should have had the reservation deposit equal to the order deposit. Allowing dealers to have different deposit amounts is not good for their brand.

The amount I've paid for a deposit on ordering a new car has varied quite a bit and not just because of the value of car: Audi, - $0 deposit because the spec and the car were considered easy to sell from the lot. Ford/BMW and others $500, BMW.

I have been disappointed by car dealers more often then impressed. This transaction may become much like buying tickets from a scalper. The longer you wait the more willing they are to deal. Walking away from the deal after it's ready for delivery and before you have signed everything may be the strongest negotiations position.

Reactions: sjp

sjp

Base
First Name
Susan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

In previous BnP's , I've seen the ability to print it out or send to a dealer. I have not looked at Ford's lately though.
Maybe there'll be a "Do You Want to Save Your Configuration?" button that saves it to the system.

Save...or Discard.
Sponsored