ProudestMonkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I read this. But yet my dealer has not reached out to me once about changing. So if I wasn't on this forum, I'd barely know about switching.

So like others have said. This probably means they didn't get the numbers they were hoping for. But if dealers aren't pushing it, they aren't going to get those numbers.
Mine didn't either, so I called him to switch. Was a tough decision, but I was planning on dual tops anyway and can live with the soft top for a couple winters. Looking forward to the modular top (but not the cost of it).

One thing the dealer did say during our conversation: He can now place orders for his stock. Lower trim levels with soft tops only, but still. Seems to me that the more customer orders Ford produces, the fewer will be available for dealer stock. So, it's not necessarily in the dealer's interest to promote switching to the soft top.
Sponsored

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Quick question. I currently have a soft top order. I want the conversion kit but don't 100% require it. For example, if you want to schedule me in August without it, I'll take it. Do I need to do anything at all? All soft top builds from Sept on will include the conversion kit right?

AMBDBronco

Base
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I switched to a 4 door soft top, but switched back to a 2 door hard top. Can't spend this kind of money and not get what I want. The waiting isn't fun, but will be worth it.

I wonder if everyone stuck to their Hard Tops and didn't switch if Ford would work a little harder to get them out.

Deuce

Badlands
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Doesn’t anyone find it strange/stupid/poor execution for Ford to extend the deadline by informing only dealers? They have to know that most dealers are clueless or just plain lazy about this whole bronco launch.
I’d agree with that. I get a call from my salesperson every week, but he hasn’t even brought up the soft top changeover, which I don’t want anyway. It’s just strange to me that I know more than he does.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

^^^ this got no call from my dealer and I am at one of the better dealers, not that I am changing but the communications isnt there.
Which means your dealers are either unaware or they don’t want you to switch to soft top, so they can get more dealer inventory soft tops to sell off the lot.

Sponsored

regularbronco

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Your missing the point, of course Ford wants to sell us Bronco's, but we have all seen the many missteps Ford has made, from poor design choices (winch blocking the camera) to poor supplier management.

It does not matter if your supplier is in Italy or China, that is what video status calls and airplanes are for. I've built many frequent flyer miles going to Italy, the UK, France and Germany to visit suppliers and customers.

Knowledge of Supplier and Project Management is not a deep dark secret, most large companies have trianing for it or some seek out other training, such as Project Management Institute.
Yeah my wife's project manager on billion dollar weapon systems for this great country so know a little about project management. And it's been a hundred years since our last epidemic it's probably not in the program management institutes study guide! With all the reviews online, and the vehicles off-road prowess, pretty sure the program manager should feel pretty good about themselves. Things happen. But as I said we're all welcome to our thoughts and opinions and I certainly respect yours and I get your point.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Which means your dealers are either unaware or they don’t want you to switch to soft top, so they can get more dealer inventory soft tops to sell off the lot.
I think that is a given about dealers in general, I was just stating even the ones that seem to be really good with their customers, are not really doing anything about it.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That means no scheduling next week for soft tops which means even more delays. Ugh.
There's no soft top scheduling until September for those who want the prep kit, per Ford so the week extension doesn't change anything.

BC33

Big Bend
First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler, Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Am I the only one that has actually wanted a soft top from day one? I like the convenience of a soft top because I plan on taking the top off every day possible.
I’m a Beach Bum, it’s soft top for me!!
I didn’t see September dates. Either way, the main scheduling for September has not happened yet. Granger just posted the commodity restrictions for the month…my dealer has 32 allocation slots that will be scheduled for September, and none have been scheduled yet.
i went back and looked at the posts. They had dates of September 16-23 which are both Mondays in August so the must have been typos. My bad.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

I think that is a given about dealers in general, I was just stating even the ones that seem to be really good with their customers, are not really doing anything about it.
I guess I can’t blame them - they have noting on their lots right now.

Sponsored

Cbiggs

Badlands
First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ, 94 YJ, 04 JK, 17 Taco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealers received an email from Ford stating that:

"Deadline Extended! Soft Top with Hardtop Prep Kit order conversion encouraged by July 23."

What do you make of that?
Does this mean that my soft top build scheduled for week of 8/9 will have the kit included? Probably not, I’ll have to continue telling myself that having a MY21 without the kit will only enhance its resale value some day for the rarity 🤣.

RogueSqdn

First Edition
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

My dealer told me I couldn’t change my color or anything else because I would be pushed to end of the line. Is this true??

I have a 4 door FE in rapid red reserved and I want to switch to cactus grey and a soft top after seeing it in person
if you don’t have a VIN you can change colors. If you want a soft top you’ll have to change trim levels or add the Bestop Trektop (which is what I’m doing).

The FE (also my trim, Lightning Blue) is not available with a factory soft top.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Knowledge of Supplier and Project Management is not a deep dark secret, most large companies have trianing for it or some seek out other training, such as Project Management Institute.
I agree, but all the training and certifications are only as good as the people who put them into practice. I got my company certified to be a registered education provider for PMI; some one of the people who came in through the door to get the certification didn't know much about business and it was depressing.

Having the toolkit in your back pocket is one thing, but applying it to real world situations is totally different and a bigger beast at times.

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree that Ford did not get the conversion rate they wanted. So the solution is to build as many (perhaps all) soft top orders as are on the books regardless of reservation or order dates, then fill in the production schedule with dealer mannequins. That keeps the production line running (covering overhead), satisfies customers that did make the switch, and gets product in dealer hands to show and sell. Just a good business decision given all the existing constraints.
I switched, so I hope you are right. Day 2 reservation holder. 🤞
Sponsored