Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sounds about right. Thanks. Paying off the debt won’t boost my credit rating in time for it to help but I have good credit. What sucks is yesterday my rating dropped two points to go from “very good” to “good” because of new loan for wife’s new car just hitting credit while the old loan I just paid off for her previous car with insurance proceeds on 6/12 still showing up as not paid on my credit.
Just tell the loan processor that your original loan has been paid off(show proof if necessary). That should help. Even with a "good" credit you should be just fine. Especially, with a car, since it's a secured loan. You probably still have a few weeks before actually looking into auto financing.
Sponsored

Duke.Roughneck

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Explorer Sport, 2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sounds about right. Thanks. Paying off the debt won’t boost my credit rating in time for it to help but I have good credit. What sucks is yesterday my rating dropped two points to go from “very good” to “good” because of new loan for wife’s new car just hitting credit while the old loan I just paid off for her previous car with insurance proceeds on 6/12 still showing up as not paid on my credit.
If you're earmarking by using Credit Karma, just know those scores aren't exact. When we bought my wife's car last year, my actual score they pulled was about 20 points higher than what CK said. I'd take it with a grain of salt. Good directional tool but imprecise.

BuffaloBronco87

Outer Banks
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

SEFCU in NY has as low as 1.75 for you to 60 months and 72 months at 1.99%.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My score is from Experian.

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Most of the credit card apps have free fico score available. I try to do an average of them since they are never the same, even though they are all fico scores

Sponsored

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Anybody want to buy a sweet-ass 2015 4Runner Trail with only $72k miles? Would let it go for $30,000.

Honestly hard to part with and only selling because of the Bronco.

Lord Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Lord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Duh. Realized I don’t have to time my car sale before the Bronco comes. Any credit score benefit from paying off the debt wouldn’t show up on my credit report in time anyway. And not using the funds for the Bronco purchase. I’ll sell it shortly after I take delivery.

Or maybe before and use some proceeds for down payment.

rgalvinmi

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 2 Door, 2022 Ford Maverick Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Base
Here’s my dilemma. My blend date is 7/13, so it’s time to decide.

Save your scorn of my financial choices thus far. The smart thing to do would be keep my car and drive it another 10 years, but I want the Bronco and I’m going by heart, not brain. With that context…

My current car is paid for and its sale value right now to Carvana or Carmax ranges from 26,000 to 27,000. My original plan was to sell it and pay off a $25,000 debt that’s 11.5% that I pay about $600 a month on, at which rate it’s going to take a good while otherwise. Or pay $20,000 of it off at least and use $4,000-$5,000 for Bronco down payment. But now I’m wondering if I should instead trade it in on my $40,040 (plus taxes) BD which would cut my monthly on the car note to $250 or less depending on APR of whatever bank I use.

Any thoughts or advice from the financial gurus here?

Probably should have gotten a base Base, paid off the debt by selling my ride, and finance the whole Base at a total barely more than current debt at lower APR.
you would be a FOOL to do ANYTHING other than pay off that INSANELY REDICULOUS 11.5 percent debt you are currently paying!!!!!!! ANYTHING.... PAY off that foolish 11.5 IMMEDIATELY. Sell to either carvana, automax, autonation, vroom....whoever pays the most and get out from under that BOULDER!

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
Theyre very easy to join. I joined PenFed and got 1.99 for 60months
My financing has since expired so I’ll have to reapply, just not happy with them running a new credit report. I may check with a local credit union closer to my anticipated delivery date (blend is this Friday) but I’m on the west coast so I’m guessing sometime in September.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

My financing has since expired so I’ll have to reapply, just not happy with them running a new credit report. I may check with a local credit union closer to my anticipated delivery date (blend is this Friday) but I’m on the west coast so I’m guessing sometime in September.
Shocking, but true. My dealer beat my pen fed approval! So when they know, they'll find a way.

Sponsored

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
you would be a FOOL to do ANYTHING other than pay off that INSANELY REDICULOUS 11.5 percent debt you are currently paying!!!!!!! ANYTHING.... PAY off that foolish 11.5 IMMEDIATELY. Sell to either carvana, automax, autonation, vroom....whoever pays the most and get out from under that BOULDER!
Dave Ramsey that ish

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Shocking, but true. My dealer beat my pen fed approval! So when they know, they'll find a way.
so do you mean they offered a better rate of your rig arrived first? 😛

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

so do you mean they offered a better rate of your rig arrived first? 😛
Rig no arrival yet. We thought it was coming... So I got approval and then he matched. Two days later found better. But no truck..

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Rig no arrival yet. We thought it was coming... So I got approval and then he matched. Two days later found better. But no truck..
But I'm guessing its already built, right? Through whom did you get a better rate than 1.99? My dealer already told me there is no way they could match that, but then I'm in NorCal where everything is $$$$$$$$$$$$. I'm also siting outside in 75 degree weather, no humidity, no bugs and so far no smoke either, so there is that.

Last edited:

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

But I'm guessing its already built, right? Through whom did you get a better rate than 1.99? My dealer already told me there is no way they could match that, but then I'm in NorCal where everything is $$$$$$$$$$$$. But then I'm siting outside in 75 degree weather, no humidity, no bugs and so far no smoke either!
Built according to dealer. No fires confirmation. I think he found 1.74 for 60. It was just nice to do thru dealer since it's easy to close.
Sponsored