Sponsored

Ford manual transmission parts on back order.

WestVirginia

Base
First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer
Your Bronco Model
Base
So my bronco has been sitting at the dealership for 5 weeks. Manual transmission taken apart and the needed parts are back ordered. But guess what? Ford customer service says we feel bad. Would you like a rental car? Uh. No. I want my transmission replaced or fixed. Anyone else hearing when the back ordered parts for the manual will be in stock?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fordified1

Black Diamond
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 Mustang ecoboost, 4wd Excursion, ‘69 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Everyone is having supply issues not just Ford. Jeep forums full of folks who can’t drive their Jeeps waiting on parts.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Was it driving fine?

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
Rental car ftw!

OP
OP

WestVirginia

Base
First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yes. It just had that god awful noise. The dealership has been great. No complaints. Ford won’t replace transmission but makes me wait for parts. The best part is no one has any clue when the parts will be available. 😆 I’m on a PRIORITY list to get the part when it’s available. As of 11am this morning still no parts.

Sponsored
OP
OP

WestVirginia

Base
First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer
Your Bronco Model
Base
Car manufacturers need to improve the quality of the car they build and do it right. Honda will not send a car to the dealership until it is 100% complete and ready to sell. Other manufacturers ship the vehicles with missing chips and parts to add later. Dam I wish Honda made a cool looking off-roader.

Dral97

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Wrangler YJ and 392, BMW 4 series
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I waited 5 months for a replacement TCU.

buckhorn_cortez

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, SHO, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Had a 1991 Explorer that had a Mazda manual transmission that had a bad synchronizer. It took nearly four weeks to get the part. Parts problems happen, how you handle the problem is up to you. Getting bent out of shape only aggravates you, but apparently, you like that...

RallyGorgo

Badlands
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I can empathize with you. My question, since my BL with a manual was built in March and probably has the suspect design/parts in it, is centered around whether the replacement parts are a better design than the originals. I remember when the diamond-star triplets (Eagle Talon/Mitsu Eclipse/Plymouth Laser) had asbestos-lined synchros in the transmissions and, when they wore out (like brake pads do), they’d ALWAYS grind going into gear. Does anyone really know what the fix is, beyond saying “new parts”? And I’m with you WV, I’m a HUGE fan of Hondas, well, except for their automatic transmissions! I worked on them back in the 90s at a dealership, the automatics were poor then and, based on the Odyssey and CR-Vs we’ve had, they aren’t much better! But the 6-spd in my son’s 2013 Accord EX-L V-6 coupe rocks!!!

OP
OP

WestVirginia

Base
First Name
Rosario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer
Your Bronco Model
Base
lol. Not bent out of shape at all. Just not married to one manufacturer. Ive always found it funny when someone says. I’m a ford guy. I’m a jeep guy. You can like both. Look at all of the people that own a manual. Over 60% have the problem; ford comes out with a TSB and not much else.

Sponsored

Kerney

Outer Banks
First Name
Kerney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Miata SE
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Car manufacturers need to improve the quality of the car they build and do it right. Honda will not send a car to the dealership until it is 100% complete and ready to sell. Other manufacturers ship the vehicles with missing chips and parts to add later. Dam I wish Honda made a cool looking off-roader.
My wifes 2023 civic Si that still had paper tags in it died and had to be flat towed in... Took 3 hours for a wrecker to come. Luckily the accelerator pedal potentiometer only took a week to come in. Then the infotainment crapped out a week later luckily service manager talked me through how to factory reset it over over the phone. So all cars can have issues. Trust me I was not happy.
Sponsored