Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1, 2016 F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I ordered the 2.7 for the extra torque to tow with. The numbers compared to my 16 5.0 are comparable. The 5.0 has more HP and less torque so i think ill be fine with trading my truck for what I need to tow. We drove a 2.3 in the same configuration we ordered too and it was plenty fast so as long as the 2.7 is comparable in speed Im happy.
Sponsored

TenSeven

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I haven't read through all of these posts, so apologies if this has already been said. But I installed a SprintBooster, and with that installed, my 2.7L Badlands has quite the response and acceleration from a stop.

Anyone worried about the acceleration lag should really consider getting one as well.
The same thing happened to me when I installed a Pedal Commander. The throttle response from tip-in thru 2nd gear went from sluggish and soft to crisp and responsive.

I only have my PC set to the middle of the "City" mode as the higher "Sport" settings were too much for what I wanted. The best $330 I've spent on my Bronco so far.

CeeCeeBronco

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
CeeCee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Is there any definitive way to remove the torque management completely that anyone has found? Is it a simple mapping thhing or something else going on? Trans will be fine.
SprintBooster or Pedal Commander. MANY people have already commented on it in this thread.

greenmachine343

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The same thing happened to me when I installed a Pedal Commander. The throttle response from tip-in thru 2nd gear went from sluggish and soft to crisp and responsive.

I only have my PC set to the middle of the "City" mode as the higher "Sport" settings were too much for what I wanted. The best $330 I've spent on my Bronco so far.
it would be awesome if somebody made a video comparison of these things.

my biggest problem is the first 2 gears in baja. If pedal commander solves it it would be cool to see visually via the dash the difference in RPM ect.

Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok let’s pretend that nonsense makes any sense. Why in the world did you pay a hefty premium for 2.7 upgrade, then be ok with it being artificially limited? The power it’s capable of will be plenty thanks.
That's not nonsense at all. You opt for the 2.7 because you want more power over the 2.3. Opting for the 2.7 expecting it to perform like it does in an F150 which is an entirely different vehicle designed for a completely different task?! Now that's nonsense!

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Not an expert, do you think it dialed in to optimize a higher MPG vs a higher performance? There will be mods that can be made to improve these numbers, if performance is your goal.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Also, does anyone really want a Bronco that goes 0-60 in less than 5 seconds? It's way too softly sprung and it would be horrible around a corner.
My Badlands Sasquatch 2.7 excels in the corners. Ford really knows how to make great handling vehicles.

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was only comparing it to the Raptor because I own both and switch back and forth often.

The OP was comparing it to a F150 with the same 2.7. Even that is faster and I’m not sure how that could be possible.

My F150 has 450 Hp and 510 Ft lbs of Tq. I just was not expecting the lighter 330 hp Bronco to be SO much slower. But looking up both 0-60 times makes sense because there is a big difference.

To the poster saying their WT is faster than the Raptor, something is broken on your truck. The two are not even close. The Raptor is in the low 5’s 0-60. It’s like a rocket ship after I get used to the Bronco.

Not that I’m not happy with the Badlands or the 2.7. I really am. I love the top down, more open feeling and smaller size of the Bronco compared to the F150. It’s just a fun ride all around. I was just taken back a little at how much slower the Bronco was.
Enable Sport mode if you haven't. It made a huge difference in my Sasquatch Badlands 2.7.

I played around a little bit with 2H and 4A in Sport mode, and 4A felt much quicker. Lots of torque management pulling power in the Bronco. Disabling traction control didn't seem to help. Tried the long press, too. I need to spend more time with all the modes to see what the best combination is for most torque off the line. Fully disabled in 2H this thing should burn the tire, but too many electronic overrides keep you from having fun (or breaking stuff).

Evergreen

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Manual gang stays winning 😎

Have absolutely no issues with the 2.3 feeling anemic running it from 1-6, standard or sport mode. If we need that low crawling finesse we've got a totally separate gear that's not touched in daily driving.

Sponsored

BricknoseBronco

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco, 2017 F-350, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Manual gang stays winning 😎

Have absolutely no issues with the 2.3 feeling anemic running it from 1-6, standard or sport mode. If we need that low crawling finesse we've got a totally separate gear that's not touched in daily driving.
I dont know about that. While waiting forever for my 2 door 2.7 Sasquatch Badlands build to get scheduled. I started wondering if the 2.3 manual was the route to go to try and get my build faster. So I found a 2 door 2.3 manual sasquatch by me and went for a test drive. I was so happy that I ordered the 2.7 vs the 2.3. I prefer a manual trans over an auto any day. But that 2.3 manual was an absolute dog. I know several people have said they are happy with it. Not sure what everyone has driven before that. But I would not have been happy with the power level on that. Even in sport mode it felt so dang slow and lethargic. VERY unimpressed with the 2.3 manual. Made me sad as I was almost ready to switch my order around to get that combo just to get a manual. Happy I stuck with the 2.7 thats for sure. Just wish they would have offered a manual trans behind it.

Evergreen

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Zero FXS
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I dont know about that. While waiting forever for my 2 door 2.7 Sasquatch Badlands build to get scheduled. I started wondering if the 2.3 manual was the route to go to try and get my build faster. So I found a 2 door 2.3 manual sasquatch by me and went for a test drive. I was so happy that I ordered the 2.7 vs the 2.3. I prefer a manual trans over an auto any day. But that 2.3 manual was an absolute dog. I know several people have said they are happy with it. Not sure what everyone has driven before that. But I would not have been happy with the power level on that. Even in sport mode it felt so dang slow and lethargic. VERY unimpressed with the 2.3 manual. Made me sad as I was almost ready to switch my order around to get that combo just to get a manual. Happy I stuck with the 2.7 thats for sure. Just wish they would have offered a manual trans behind it.

Surprised you found a manual sasquatch on a lot. Fingers crossed that's a good sign for availability even though it was probably a shady dealer or abandoned order lol. The first ones just got delivered in late May - mid June for the 5/9 build week.

I daily drive a pickup for work, but my personal vehicles have always been manual transmission sports cars. The past two being significantly more powerful than the Bronco. All things considered I'm still plenty happy with the Mansquatch power delivery. It has great usable power for normal driving and even held up better than expected when I took mine out through some mountain twisties. It isn't going to blow the doors off of a Corvette, but it's also not going to send you to jail if you launch it from a red light. The old saying "it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow" holds pretty true for the Bronco.

I think the real problem is people have gotten used to manufacturers putting sports car power into land yacht SUVs (purely because of higher profit margins), but that is a whole other can of worms lol.

BricknoseBronco

Badlands
First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco, 2017 F-350, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Surprised you found a manual sasquatch on a lot. Fingers crossed that's a good sign for availability even though it was probably a shady dealer or abandoned order lol. The first ones just got delivered in late May - mid June for the 5/9 build week.

I daily drive a pickup for work, but my personal vehicles have always been manual transmission sports cars. The past two being significantly more powerful than the Bronco. All things considered I'm still plenty happy with the Mansquatch power delivery. It has great usable power for normal driving and even held up better than expected when I took mine out through some mountain twisties. It isn't going to blow the doors off of a Corvette, but it's also not going to send you to jail if you launch it from a red light. The old saying "it's more fun to drive a slow car fast than a fast car slow" holds pretty true for the Bronco.

I think the real problem is people have gotten used to manufacturers putting sports car power into land yacht SUVs (purely because of higher profit margins), but that is a whole other can of worms lol.
I think the reason it was still on the lot was because it was a base model, that was marked up $25k over sticker. I was never going to pay that, but didnt tell them that as I took it for a test drive!

I have a Mustang GT350, and owned many trucks that were manuals as well. Driven all sorts of manuals in my life. Just felt the 2.3 with the stick was super under powered. For the cost of these things, I guess I just expected more out of the engine/trans combo. But to your point, itll get the job done just cruising around town with the top off, or slow speed trail running/rock crawling. I'm just happy with my decision to hold out for the 2.7....whenever it finally gets here. Officially 2 years to today since I placed my reservation. Still not built. One day maybe.

MistaGavin

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'00 F-150 & '68 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think the reason it was still on the lot was because it was a base model, that was marked up $25k over sticker. I was never going to pay that, but didnt tell them that as I took it for a test drive!

I have a Mustang GT350, and owned many trucks that were manuals as well. Driven all sorts of manuals in my life. Just felt the 2.3 with the stick was super under powered. For the cost of these things, I guess I just expected more out of the engine/trans combo. But to your point, itll get the job done just cruising around town with the top off, or slow speed trail running/rock crawling. I'm just happy with my decision to hold out for the 2.7....whenever it finally gets here. Officially 2 years to today since I placed my reservation. Still not built. One day maybe.
I wonder if it had 90 octane, and I also wonder if there’s a break in tune from the factory. Mine seemed to get more powerful after the first few hundred miles. Or, ignorance could be bliss for me! I’ve never driven the 2.7L but I am more than pleased with my 2.3L manual. Could be because it easily has more power than my old v8 mustang or 5.4l f-150.

edit: realized your GT350 probably has 250+ more hp than the 2.3L. No wonder lol.
Sponsored

Last edited: