Sponsored

Ford Performance Calibration Tune for 2.3L Bronco's AVAILABLE NOW! - Lethal Performance

dbattle

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Is this something that will already be loaded in future Bronco builds? Or will it always be a extra cost add on feature after the fact?
Sponsored

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Is this something that will already be loaded in future Bronco builds? Or will it always be a extra cost add on feature after the fact?
This is aftermarket so it won't come standard with any new vehicle. You'll need to purchase it separately.

Let us know if there's anything we can help you with.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

for warranty purposes, what has to been done so that Ford knows the installation was performed by an ASE certified tech?

diggs44060

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Harley Davidson
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had mine installed straight outta box by my ford dealer yesterday.took two hrs and I was billed A total of 439 with tax and get this fkn shop supply for two hrs at 22$ an hr..
Yea my dealer didn't do me any favors as he bent me over and went in dry

OP
OP
LethalPerformance

LethalPerformance

Raptor
Squatch Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 First Edtion 2.7L / 2020 Shelby GT500 CF
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
for warranty purposes, what has to been done so that Ford knows the installation was performed by an ASE certified tech?
I'm not really sure on that one. I don't think any proof of who installed it is required initially. Only if you happen to need a warranty claim done would they ask for who did the installation. I'll check on it though just to be sure and report back.

Sponsored

FowlBronco77

Everglades
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Explorer, Bronco Everglades
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

GypsyDRB

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Installed myself in 45 minutes…it’s very straight forward. liked that I could change the tire revs since I went with a nonfactory tire aftermarket.

only driven it 4-5 miles. Rev matching is nice, much smoother as others have said gears 1-3.

i hope they continue to improve it and roll out new features…

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I had mine installed straight outta box by my ford dealer yesterday.took two hrs and I was billed A total of 439 with tax and get this fkn shop supply for two hrs at 22$ an hr..
Yea my dealer didn't do me any favors as he bent me over and went in dry
Yikes!!! That's just plain robbery - they should at least have done you the courtesy of holding a gun on you the whole time. This install is about as simple as it gets - reminds me of a data center manager we used to have that liked to (frequently accurately) oversimplify installs as "It's just Nintendo, right?". I totally get the warranty and if, I mean *when*, my own 2dr 2.3L manual BL ever gets built I really like this mod for all of the reasons already posted. BUT . . . if getting it done by a certified tech just for the warranty is going to cost me more than flipping somebody a hundo or so then forget it, I'll do it myself.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yikes!!! That's just plain robbery - they should at least have done you the courtesy of holding a gun on you the whole time. This install is about as simple as it gets - reminds me of a data center manager we used to have that liked to (frequently accurately) oversimplify installs as "It's just Nintendo, right?". I totally get the warranty and if, I mean *when*, my own 2dr 2.3L manual BL ever gets built I really like this mod for all of the reasons already posted. BUT . . . if getting it done by a certified tech just for the warranty is going to cost me more than flipping somebody a hundo or so then forget it, I'll do it myself.
It’s robbery until the motor lets go for some reason and you’re stuck with a $7,000 bill for a new shortblock because you installed yourself.

Not likely but it could happen.

DrewBronc21

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Subaru STi, 2018 Camry Hybrid
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wheres a good source to find accurate revs per minute? I have 315/70/17 Nitto RGs. They don’t list revs, on their website, but I randomly found “604” on some tire site.

Sponsored

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You will need a PC/Windows machine to run the ProCal Software
Step One: Create an account at Ford Performance: https://performanceparts.ford.com/
Step Two: Find you VoucherID, this will allow you to download the ProCal software.
Step Three: Once software is downloaded and installed. You can open the ProCal software.
Step Four: Connect ProCal unit to your PC via USB. This will register and update the unit.
Step Five: Now you can plug your ProCal unit into your Bronco using the OBDII port and supplied cable. The port is under the steering wheel, next to your hood release. Once the menu pops up go to the Programming section. This should download your stock configuration and marry your VIN to the ProCal unit. (The unit will tell you to turn the car ON but not start, it will also tell you to turn all accessories: lights, HVAC, Stereo, etc.)
Step Six: reconnect the ProCal to your PC, you will need your voucher ID and username/password for Ford Performance. This will download the Ford Performance Calibration to the ProCal unit.
Step Seven: Reconnect the ProCal unit to your Bronco and go to the programming section and install your new tune. This will take about 15 to 20 minutes. You're Done!
Man this seems ridiculous. Tuners have been around for better than three decades. Why would they not just pre Load the tunes? Especially since it’s basically a canned tuned and not custom to each vehicle with different modifications.

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I believe it says a red seal ASE certified mechanic. Their mechanics license number registered with ASE and their name should suffice. If there is a warranty card or booklet I’d ask them to write it on one of them along with the date and mileage installed.

Huntsetter1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m curious on the 3 yr / 36k warranty. Isn’t power train 5 yr factory? If I add the tune does this shorten the length or an extended warranty or take the power train out of that?

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2.3l Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You will need a PC/Windows machine to run the ProCal Software
Step One: Create an account at Ford Performance: https://performanceparts.ford.com/
Step Two: Find you VoucherID, this will allow you to download the ProCal software.
Step Three: Once software is downloaded and installed. You can open the ProCal software.
Step Four: Connect ProCal unit to your PC via USB. This will register and update the unit.
Step Five: Now you can plug your ProCal unit into your Bronco using the OBDII port and supplied cable. The port is under the steering wheel, next to your hood release. Once the menu pops up go to the Programming section. This should download your stock configuration and marry your VIN to the ProCal unit. (The unit will tell you to turn the car ON but not start, it will also tell you to turn all accessories: lights, HVAC, Stereo, etc.)
Step Six: reconnect the ProCal to your PC, you will need your voucher ID and username/password for Ford Performance. This will download the Ford Performance Calibration to the ProCal unit.
Step Seven: Reconnect the ProCal unit to your Bronco and go to the programming section and install your new tune. This will take about 15 to 20 minutes. You're Done!
Installed this morning. Went smooth! 👍🏻

6E4353C9-D617-4515-B982-BDF33596DB21.jpeg

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wheres a good source to find accurate revs per minute? I have 315/70/17 Nitto RGs. They don’t list revs, on their website, but I randomly found “604” on some tire site.
Most accurate way is to go to race parts supplier (or www.speedwaymotors.com ) and get yourself a "stagger tape" like we use to measure race tires. Check your tire's rollout (circumference) w/the stagger tape then divide 63,360 (number of inches in a mile), by that number. I know what you are thinking...what about inflation pressure? Doesn't matter, think of the tread like a belt on a belt sander...it's the same distance around regardless of shape. They DO shrink w/normal wear though. I think this way is the most accurate. I used my spare to measure mine and came up w/546.2 (37x12.5x17 cooper stt pro, 116" rollout). Online calculators I tried were all over the place, as they are likely based on a measurement taken from one brand or another, which can vary quite a bit.
Sponsored