First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Big Bend Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
how do you know if you got an update????
Sponsored

Finbox

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
KLR650
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
My 2023 Braptor just updated Friday

rblock50

Wildtrak
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Other than people not enabling auto-updates, wifi, etc, is there a rhyme or reason why some of us get updates now and some get them months later? Does Ford target cars by VIN or something? If so, it seems pretty lame in today’s day, if we need an update let me get it. I have tried “asking” for an update via the app and the truck and it keeps telling me I’m up-to-date :(

Last edited:

Texasliam

Badlands
First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Owners are upset for lack of updates. Owners are upset for too many updates. Jesus fuck, you can’t please anyone these days…

The duality of owners, in a thread.
Excuse me sir. But I think you meant Jesus suffering guck.

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Other then people not enabling auto-updates, wifi, etc, is there a rhyme or reason why some of us get updates now and some get them months later? Does Ford target cars by VIN or something? If so, it seems pretty lame in today’s day, if we need an update let me get it. I have tried “asking” for an update via the app and the truck and it keeps telling me I’m up-to-date :(
I feel your pain, I'm still stuck on 3dotWhatever with no updates available 🙄

Sponsored

raynaldo

Badlands
First Name
raynaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Today I have received my 4th update in the last 3 weeks: 3.5.2, 3.5.3, 3.5.4, and today 22-PU101-MIL-LT. Still no 4.x version.

I wonder if there are more than one revision of hardware that would have different major version numbers, or maybe I will continue to get these upgrades until I finally catch up.
You’re lucky. I haven’t received an update on mine since June 26, 2022 and it’s at version 2.1.2

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
micro-services, I have been driving a Tesla around for 5 years so I am use to updates. I am even in their full self driving beta, bleeding edge. Just be glad Ford doesn’t have anything like that :)

These updates are minor in comparison for me. Glad Ford is doing them to improve the UI. I suppose updates are a new thing for most. Time to get use to it or turn them off. Honestly it is nice when a recall can be handled over the air. Not applicable with ICE cars.

I haven’t been driving the Tesla since I picked up my Bronco a few weeks ago, I went from never visiting a gas station with free charging for life to filling up for $100 a tank at an average of 12.6 mpg, if this is not Bronco love I don’t know what is…bring on those updates Ford!
12.6 mpg?? Dam. What the hell kind of Bronco you driving? I get 18mpg in my 2 door Sasquatch 2.7 auto. Haven't even messed with Eco mode with Eco mode I might even get more.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
You’re lucky. I haven’t received an update on mine since June 26, 2022 and it’s at version 2.1.2
I’m stuck at 2.1.2
When were your builds? Same here. June 2021.

There were some details earlier in the thread about deleting Wi-Fi connection, turning off auto updates and resetting everything. I thought it made a difference when the screen said that I now have the 3.5 update, but FordPass still says 2.1.1.

Service Tech was busy troubleshooting other stuff at the moment, but had no luck getting to the bottom of this.

@flip had some input on this as well. He’s come across other vehicles that just won’t auto-update.

Alfa

Wildtrak
First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think I was on a lucky streak as nothing since then. My Bronco has strong WIFI at night, but the first and last updates could not have been over my WIFI, unless there is a several day delay between download and install.

Sponsored

gonyr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Today I have received my 4th update in the last 3 weeks: 3.5.2, 3.5.3, 3.5.4, and today 22-PU101-MIL-LT. Still no 4.x version.

I wonder if there are more than one revision of hardware that would have different major version numbers, or maybe I will continue to get these upgrades until I finally catch up.
I feel your pain, I'm still stuck on 3dotWhatever with no updates available 🙄

I've got you all beat. Still stuck at 1.6.0 with last update on April 22, 2022. Service manager says there's nothing they can do.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

There were some details earlier in the thread about deleting Wi-Fi connection, turning off auto updates and resetting everything. I thought it made a difference when the screen said that I now have the 3.5 update, but FordPass still says 2.1.1.

Service Tech was busy troubleshooting other stuff at the moment, but had no luck getting to the bottom of this.

@flip had some input on this as well. He’s come across other vehicles that just won’t auto-update.
Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.

gonyr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hi there! Would you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership name and location? I’d like to look into this concern on my end.
@redone17 if by some miracle this actually helps please be sure to let the rest of us know what the outcome is. There are a whole bunch of people not getting updates at all.

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine did something similar. After no change in 2 months, I disconnected the battery for at least 10 minutes last weekend. Today I checked and realized that it reset the auto update settings, but it showed an update was pending. The auto update switch wouldn’t change to on, but I could set the day/time. I went inside for lunch and by the time I was done the FordPass app indicated am update was applied. The update had no number, it just says Ford Power-up. It may be an intermediary update, but I can now set CarPlay to full screen.

gonyr

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine did something similar. After no change in 2 months, I disconnected the battery for at least 10 minutes last weekend. Today I checked and realized that it reset the auto update settings, but it showed an update was pending. The auto update switch wouldn’t change to on, but I could set the day/time. I went inside for lunch and by the time I was done the FordPass app indicated am update was applied. The update had no number, it just says Ford Power-up. It may be an intermediary update, but I can now set CarPlay to full screen.
Definitely going to try this over the weekend. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored