Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

First setting change I did was turn off automatic updates. Have not updated since. Everything works...if it ain't broken.
Sponsored

cbrenthus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BadSquatch, '02 T/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's also a highly technical piece of equipment. If you have buggy code and don't accept updates and your truck dies out on the side of a mountain, saying "it's an offroader, not a phone" out loud won't make it crank.
This is the problem - I shouldn't have BUGGY CODE on a brand new vehicle causing it to die on the side of a mountain!!! :D

Roofus

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
M3/Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is the problem - I shouldn't have BUGGY CODE on a brand new vehicle causing it to die on the side of a mountain!!! :D
Just like you shouldn’t take delivery of a brand new truck with a bad alternator or faulty valves, but that’s reality in some cases. But where you can’t predict failure with a mechanical part, in this case, you CAN take preventive action to reduce risk of faulty software. Just “turning off updates” because “off-roader” is willfully stupid. The fact that it is an off-roader and you might find yourself in the middle of nowhere is more reason to update, not less.

CarGuy

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
First setting change I did was turn off automatic updates. Have not updated since. Everything works...if it ain't broken.
Be careful. New vehicles are wireless computers that require updating - e.g., new features, software remediation, security/safety patching, zero day vulnerabilities, etc. OTA hacks happen all the time. You just don't hear about it. I strongly recommend everyone keep their software up-to-date in a timely manner.

Notbostrom

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco on order
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Every update in the last 6 months has screwed up something new. Seriously wish I could go back to the version at delivery. Every time I get a text message it reads out 45 seconds of envelope information before it finally spits out the 2 word text message I received.

Every update just makes the whole system worse complete hack job

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Every update in the last 6 months has screwed up something new. Seriously wish I could go back to the version at delivery. Every time I get a text message it reads out 45 seconds of envelope information before it finally spits out the 2 word text message I received.

Every update just makes the whole system worse complete hack job

Exactly... This thread seems to be full of PRO-Updaters, but I've had similar experiences with software in general. I don't have automatic updates on my phone either, so I'm not getting my applications updated once or twice every week because every time they do, it breaks something.

I'm in software development. To do this right, it takes time to make changes, do regression testing, etc. If you're pushing out changes constantly, there's no way that there is proper QA in place.

Ford has done nothing but push out broken websites, non-proof read PDFs, and bad QA this entire time.

I'll eventually update...when it's stable and they have the kinks worked out. The fact that they continue to push out updates to fix bugs is proof they still have things to work out....meanwhile I'm enjoying my issue-free Bronco.

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Owners are upset for lack of updates. Owners are upset for too many updates. Jesus fuck, you can’t please anyone these days…

The duality of owners, in a thread.
Owners are upset they have too many electronics, owners are upset that Ford's electronic systems aren't sophisticated enough when compared to the competition . . .
It really never ends. Like the old saying goes, "You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but if you want to find a bunch of folks that will whine and piss about anything no matter what that takes the Internet!"

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So out of curiosity, how many people who are having issues, Android users vs Apple users?

Jdc

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Exactly... This thread seems to be full of PRO-Updaters, but I've had similar experiences with software in general. I don't have automatic updates on my phone either, so I'm not getting my applications updated once or twice every week because every time they do, it breaks something.

I'm in software development. To do this right, it takes time to make changes, do regression testing, etc. If you're pushing out changes constantly, there's no way that there is proper QA in place.

Ford has done nothing but push out broken websites, non-proof read PDFs, and bad QA this entire time.

I'll eventually update...when it's stable and they have the kinks worked out. The fact that they continue to push out updates to fix bugs is proof they still have things to work out....meanwhile I'm enjoying my issue-free Bronco.
WAT?! While I don't think that Ford's software development has been great, there's nothing wrong with frequent updates. Automated test suites allow for frequent releases.

Sponsored

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I have mine setup to update overnight and I don’t think mine has ever updated since last June.
I had the same issue. I disconnected from my home wifi, turned off auto updates, and then set them both up again. I started getting updates the next evening, and am now all caught up.
same here
I’m in the same boat. June 15, 2022 - v 2.1.1

I’m gonna try what @rblock50 suggested

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is strange. So, I did as instructed. It seemed like it did some sort of reset. Changing the days/times for auto updates takes several minutes to register. I’d hit the close button on the confirmation and it would just revert to the old settings. But, if I shut down the ignition and waited a few minutes - it would update on FordPass app and in SYNC.

So, that seemed promising.

But, FordPass app says I’m still up to date with the latest from June 15, 2021 (2.1.1) and the screen says 3.5.2 and “There are no updates ready that require vehicle downtime”

Previous to the reset, the screen still said 2.1.1

So, consider me confused AF.

JT01

Big Bend
First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Big Bend 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My only issue with my 23 BB MT 2D is that, since taking delivery mid December, modem has lost connectivity 4x. Each time it has fixed itself with a subsequent update. With the powerup update around March 27, I had remote status back for about a day (remote lock, location, tpms, etc). But as of April 2nd it's still showing March 27th as the last updated status.

Wondering if we're supposed to go through the process to add vehicle to FordPass account again.

I wish the online help was better. I don't want to keep calling in. Or are we supposed to just wait for the next update to correct the connectivity issue?

HCGxKaLiBeR

Wildtrak
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I work in IT. The business owner and some of my end users have the same mentality.
If it ain't broken don't fix it.

No network switches firmware update. Server and computer updates are delayed as much as they could. Until the day something broke or needed patched, guess what. It is so far behind, more down time for the network and sometimes the system needs to be reinstalled.

SYNC4 seems to be only handle incremental only. It takes forever if you need it to update to the latest version. But of course you can ask dealer or DIY for a reflash directly to the latest.
I just keep mine on automatically. I haven't notice any issues.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I work in IT. The business owner and some of my end users have the same mentality.
If it ain't broken don't fix it.

No network switches firmware update. Server and computer updates are delayed as much as they could. Until the day something broke or needed patched, guess what. It is so far behind, more down time for the network and sometimes the system needs to be reinstalled.

SYNC4 seems to be only handle incremental only. It takes forever if you need it to update to the latest version. But of course you can ask dealer or DIY for a reflash directly to the latest.
I just keep mine on automatically. I haven't notice any issues.
So I assume you go around making sure the firmware on all your electronics devices it up to date? When was the last time you updated the firmware on your printer for example? What about your IP camera? How often do you upgrade your SQL servers to the latest version?

Hell we just recently got off windows 7 let alone Win 11.

It's not that I don't believe in software updates, but I have no faith in Ford's ability to do it right and as often as they do it. This isn't a Windows PC and our Redhat servers rarely get rebooted and patched.

Believe it or not, but there are electronic devices that don't constantly need to be tinkered with.
Sponsored