hoss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Anyone with 1.7.1 notice any differences, including the TBT in cluster? I'm not seeing it.
Nope, can’t tell a difference at all, except my Settings screen no longer shows the software version number.
Sponsored

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So today at 3:22pm version 1.9.0 Power-Up was installed into my Wildtrak mid package. It says with Ford Pass 3.26, whenever the hood, liftgate or door are opened, it will (can) alert you. It says it was an early release for me. Anyone else get this? I'll have to check it tomorrow. SecuriAlert its called.
I've had Securialert for about a month now. Not sure what version I'm on but I'll go check.

edit: still on 1.6

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Well, it works. I get alerts anytime doors or hood or tailgate are opened.

Ford Bronco Ford Power-Up Software Update 1.7.1 - Contents IMG_9265

PNG image.png

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nope, can’t tell a difference at all, except my Settings screen no longer shows the software version number.
It does, you have to dig for it more when you are connected. Then it'll spin and show up.

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It does, you have to dig for it more when you are connected. Then it'll spin and show up.
I had that situation for about a week or so. I talked to some Ford people to see if/how I could trigger a fresh update. Apparently, Ford controls the OTA updates in order to manage cellular costs. 1.7.1 version number finally showed up today, but I cannot see any feature differences.

Sponsored

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, exactly! I've been connected to WiFi at home for the last couple weeks also.
As of today, it says this... and the TBT Nav seems to support Apple's Navigation App... not the Google Maps that I use (via Apple Carplay). It gets a bit confusing... the system has a native navigation application with Ford Sync, and you can get different navigation solutions via CarPlay. I once used one to get to a destination and mistakenly used a second one to return. My nav systems were fighting with each other. Took me a while to figure out what I had done.
Ford Bronco Ford Power-Up Software Update 1.7.1 - Contents 67213812-ECCC-466A-9FF4-2DA0626DD328

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Apple just updated Car Play too. So I'm trying to figure out how it has changed. Anyone figure it all out yet?

hoss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
OK I just got the 1.9.0 update this morning. Now I am getting the summary screen like this:
Ford Bronco Ford Power-Up Software Update 1.7.1 - Contents IMG_8604

However - still no turn-by-turn indicators on the instrument panel display! I've tried both Apple Maps and Google Maps on Carplay, no result.

There is one difference on the Carplay screen from this update. Upper left corner, the time is now contained within an orange oval:

Ford Bronco Ford Power-Up Software Update 1.7.1 - Contents IMG_8607

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What about all the changes that they haven't shared... I am quite sure that there are a few things that they neglected to share.

FireResQ282

First Edition
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford bronco 2021 first edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
For me, it looked like the system tried but failed. I had heard that the "rollback" inadvertently erases the release notes, inclusive version level. My screen shot in this thread is evidence of this. I asked how to force a fresh push, but this cannot be done by the owner. Apparently Ford Operations team is managing this for a number of reasons, cellular costs among them. So I guess we have to just wait.
I saw on another forum thread that if you disconnect a battery for 10 minutes and reboot the system it updates from 1.61 to1.71 but I’m not sure if this would work in this case too talkin has anyone tried it?

JohnnyX

Badlands
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I saw on another forum thread that if you disconnect a battery for 10 minutes and reboot the system it updates from 1.61 to1.71 but I’m not sure if this would work in this case too talkin has anyone tried it?
I haven't, but my system just bumped to 1.9.1..