First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
A one step correction should eliminate most of the defects in the clear coat not sure what your detailer is doing. The install process on the hood uses electronic torque guns that shut the line down if it’s torqued to spec. Either the bolt is stripped and it hit the torque spec or it was kicked down the line by someone (management) with a key to turn the line on and ship the bronco. My 392 wrangler was delivered in shitty condition the dealership paid for my detailer to do a full paint correction.
Sponsored

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ‘1928 model A, “23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford has turned to greed above product thinking and is on the way to company failure imho

Hey Buddy

Base
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Base Model 2-Door 2.3L 7-Speed
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I waited 16 months for my Base Model.
I wonder how much longer the Braptor delivery would be delayed for the factory to catch & correct your issue? One would hope 10 minutes, but alas....just send it & hope no one ever finds it? 🤦‍♂️

I hope it gets handled quickly for you!!

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

About a decade back a coworker bought a Ford sedan (I don't recall which one, it wasn't a Focus or anything). She brought it to work to show everyone and she went to open the passenger door and this plastic cover on the B pillar flies off.

She starts explaining that there's some issues the dealership was going to look at. I start walking about and NONE, emphasis NONE, of the panels were aligned. The front and back doors practically overlapped, the trunk didn't close on one side (she was referring leaks in the trunk and rear doors). The hood wasn't straight. I could put my hand in one crack, but at the other end it was rubbing.

I feel like it should've been obvious, but sometimes I guess we get all giddy about a new car. So she takes it to the dealership, and a week later they say come get it. I drop her off and go back to work.

She shows up and gets me; nothing is fixed! The dealership was saying something about they did some adjustments and replaced some seals, but of course the car was in bad shape. It was polishing a turd, IMO. My assumption is there was something wrong with the car at the factory, but pushing it out eventually meant it went to the dealer in pretty shoddy shape.

That was probably summer 2012? So it isn't new.

Sponsored

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

SHANUT

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I recently bought a Braptor as a many know. Was excited as I traded a new 2024 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X 2 door for the Braptor. Nothing but problems with it during the 4 months I had it. In the shop 8 times.
I thought Ford might have higher QC than Stellantis as I have had 8 ford's in my 40+ years of driving.
Long story short, took the Braptor to my Ceramic guy for ceramic and PPF the hood. Got a call last night. Need to come see this.
After a level one paint correction, you can see crap in the clear coat, small divits, and worst of all in my opinion, see photo.
How in the hell does this get past QC on the line and then PDI at the dealer?
Was not happy. If we hadn't been putting in a K&N air filter might have not seen this for a while. Right side is fine but you can see that movement has chipped away at some paint at the bracket..Ceramic guy hesitant to tighten bolt as concerned it could strip. Recommended Dealer do it.
Called the Sales GM at dealership and raised holy hell. Hopefully they fix this.

20240522_180855.jpg
I think all manufacturers are poor on quality these days. I bought a brand new Honda side-by-side sight unseen because I thought, Honda, what could be better quality. My old plain Jane John Deere gator had so much better build quality than that Honda. It’s unbelievable. It’s sad.

BadlandsA51

Badlands
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands, Sasquatch, Lux Pkg, 72 Ranchero GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So I recently bought a Braptor as a many know. Was excited as I traded a new 2024 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon X 2 door for the Braptor. Nothing but problems with it during the 4 months I had it. In the shop 8 times.
I thought Ford might have higher QC than Stellantis as I have had 8 ford's in my 40+ years of driving.
Long story short, took the Braptor to my Ceramic guy for ceramic and PPF the hood. Got a call last night. Need to come see this.
After a level one paint correction, you can see crap in the clear coat, small divits, and worst of all in my opinion, see photo.
Was not happy. If we hadn't been putting in a K&N air filter might have not seen this for a while. Right side is fine but you can see that movement has chipped away at some paint at the bracket..Ceramic guy hesitant to tighten bolt as concerned it could strip. Recommended Dealer do it.
Called the Sales GM at dealership and raised holy hell. Hopefully they fix this.

20240522_180855.jpg
Called the Sales GM at dealership and raised holy hell. Hopefully they fix thise nut off, cl.

20240522_180855.jpg
Take the nut off, clean the paint off the bolt threads, reinstall nut. Problem solved.

Calm horse

Big Bend
First Name
MO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 f150 king ranch
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I said this before about Raptors. You are really buying a $35k truck with $65k in options. Build quality and materials are $35k truck level, even if you spend $100k.

You are correct...50 k more for big plastic fenders, tires , slightly bigger motor and better shocks but same build quality is way overpriced...I could see maybe 80 to 85k at the most.

Imaginary Friend

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords and a Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
About a decade back a coworker bought a Ford sedan (I don't recall which one, it wasn't a Focus or anything). She brought it to work to show everyone and she went to open the passenger door and this plastic cover on the B pillar flies off.

She starts explaining that there's some issues the dealership was going to look at. I start walking about and NONE, emphasis NONE, of the panels were aligned. The front and back doors practically overlapped, the trunk didn't close on one side (she was referring leaks in the trunk and rear doors). The hood wasn't straight. I could put my hand in one crack, but at the other end it was rubbing.

I feel like it should've been obvious, but sometimes I guess we get all giddy about a new car. So she takes it to the dealership, and a week later they say come get it. I drop her off and go back to work.

She shows up and gets me; nothing is fixed! The dealership was saying something about they did some adjustments and replaced some seals, but of course the car was in bad shape. It was polishing a turd, IMO. My assumption is there was something wrong with the car at the factory, but pushing it out eventually meant it went to the dealer in pretty shoddy shape.

That was probably summer 2012? So it isn't new.
Sounds like my '15 Mustang, which I bought new. Panel fit on that car is atrocious. And there are prominent grind marks visible through the paint on top of the passenger rear quarter kickup next to the decklid. At least the end of a GT350 spoiler hides that sin unless the trunk is open. I tried adjusting the fit of the decklid but gave up as I found there's no adjustment that results in everything lining up as it should with even gaps. The rest remains as testament to Ford's lack of attention to detail.

I've ranted about my '19 F150 elsewhere here for other reasons, but there's horrific paint and panel fit on it as well. I've seen better paint jobs done outside in a driveway. It's a tool and I look at it as such, so it doesn't drive me totally crazy. But it's definitely disappointing.

Meanwhile, we have a VW Tiguan in the fleet that stickered for over $10K less than the Mustang, which has near perfect panel fit and paint quality. The one that preceded it, our first import, was also a model for fit and finish (and was never in the shop to boot).

There's no excuse. All of the above, as well as what I've mentioned previously in this thread about the Bronco on a lot, is a factor in me not buying one yet.

Sponsored

Bugkillah

Base
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Nissan 370Z Nismo, Nissan Frontier
Your Bronco Model
Base
20k+ miles and no problems. Sorry about yours. Maybe you had a Friday afternoon build?

userdude

Badlands
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr Badsquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sounds like my '15 Mustang, which I bought new. Panel fit on that car is atrocious. And there are prominent grind marks visible through the paint on top of the passenger rear quarter kickup next to the decklid. At least the end of a GT350 spoiler hides that sin unless the trunk is open. I tried adjusting the fit of the decklid but gave up as I found there's no adjustment that results in everything lining up as it should with even gaps. The rest remains as testament to Ford's lack of attention to detail.

I've ranted about my '19 F150 elsewhere here for other reasons, but there's horrific paint and panel fit on it as well. I've seen better paint jobs done outside in a driveway. It's a tool and I look at it as such, so it doesn't drive me totally crazy. But it's definitely disappointing.

Meanwhile, we have a VW Tiguan in the fleet that stickered for over $10K less than the Mustang, which has near perfect panel fit and paint quality. The one that preceded it, our first import, was also a model for fit and finish (and was never in the shop to boot).

There's no excuse. All of the above, as well as what I've mentioned previously in this thread about the Bronco on a lot, is a factor in me not buying one yet.
I dunno, I had a downstairs neighbor back in 2015-16 who had a VW SUV that they had all kinds of issues with. Then of course there was the whole diesel emissions defeat fiasco. I think VW ended up buying it back but they took a haircut.

If you build millions of cars a year, some are not going to get done right. Ford may have a higher incidence rate than VW (I don't know), but mostly this is based on "who screwed me last" more than empirical evidence that one brand always makes their vehicles perfectly.

One Ford old timer the other claimed to have bought 20 Fords in 40 years or whatever, and only the Bronco had issues. Without really getting into the root causes and look at numbers, we're just going off feelings for a lot of this.

Owl

Base
First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
White Wrangler JK, White Bronco Base 2Dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
Glad I bought a base 2Dr HT with the V6/auto. I've read about a lot of problems and QC issues, and have come to conclude that the higher-trim you go up the more problems you have... or at least it seems so (in my head).

I have had zero problems.

Had 2 Jeep Wrangler 2Drs before the Bronco. I hated the design for the rear seat flopping around, and always worried about "death wobble" occurring. It never did but always came to mind. Something Jeep has never fixed after how many years? Same for the seat design. I know... take the seat out (which I did on both of them).

Just my 2 cents.

TLO

Heritage
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Heritage

20240522_180855.jpg
So you loosened the hood bolts and broken the paint seal....?
You understand how vehicles are top coated, right?
Sponsored