Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just had this installed. I had to pick a dealer 30 miles away as none of the local ones had any appointments. They had my bronco for 5 day even after booking an appointment more than 2 weeks in advance. When they rolled the Bronco out, the wheel liner in the drivers rear was missing clips and all jacked up. They took it back and the "shop foreman" fixed it himself.

When I got home I found that they failed to reinstall some plastic trim covers in the back, but I was able to figure out where they went and popped them back on. Then I discovered that I can no longer unlock the tailgate by pulling on the handle and the lock button doesn't work on the tailgate either. I am waiting to hear back about that.

They also changed the oil, but I need to go and check because I have no confidence that they actually did it as I pointed out that the oil life had not changed in the app, so the service writer reset the oil life himself.

This is my first service, so not really looking forward to long term maintenance.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Zakm

Zakm

Badlands
First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is the difference between this and the 4 pin curt aftermarket? Doesn't look like they tap into yhe battery terminal to install this
It will plug into the existing factory harness inside the driver side fender well. It allows you to utilize the sway control and automatically disables blind side monitoring while towing; however, I'm pretty sure programming is still required from ford or forscan. I just think it is interesting because you wont have to source your own wiring which is like 15 feet, along with wire protection. I had to purchase everything separately and end up costing me an extra $50 more than this kit.

CrypticOne

First Edition
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

After looking through the instructions, it was an easy decision for me to let the dealer install it. I used the 20% coupon for the harness, and my FordPass points to make the cost minimal. I installed the Curt hitch this week and will be making the appointment at the dealer for install of the harness the second week of September.
What is the 20% off coupon? Summer20 seems to require $300. Did you add some filer items?

pdilecce

Wildtrak
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Do you have to put in CC info before the discounts populate?

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I’m generally satisfied with my Curt 4 pin until I had to tow a buddy’s 7 pin trailer in an emergency. Not life threatening, just no options. Hell add it to the list.

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Interesting kit.

I installed the Tekonsha 4-way kit this summer and, generally speaking, it's okay for my purposes - but this is still somewhat tempting. Looks like re-pinning might be a bit of a PITA, though. Glad I at least have the hardware to handle the FDRS programming portion myself.

pdilecce

Wildtrak
First Name
Rocky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Interesting kit.

I installed the Tekonsha 4-way kit this summer and, generally speaking, it's okay for my purposes - but this is still somewhat tempting. Looks like re-pinning might be a bit of a PITA, though. Glad I at least have the hardware to handle the FDRS programming portion myself.
Can the reprogram be done with FORScan?

BuckYeah

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thanks for the link! I just installed my Ford OEM trailer hitch. Admittedly I only wanted a hitch to support a bike rack, but it would be nice to have the option down the road to haul a trailer with the necessary power hookup.

Sponsored

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Can the reprogram be done with FORScan?
I have no idea. I'm going off the kits instructions and they specifically show FDRS.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It will plug into the existing factory harness inside the driver side fender well. It allows you to utilize the sway control and automatically disables blind side monitoring while towing; however, I'm pretty sure programming is still required from ford or forscan. I just think it is interesting because you wont have to source your own wiring which is like 15 feet, along with wire protection. I had to purchase everything separately and end up costing me an extra $50 more than this kit.
Does the factory harness inside the driver side fender exist on models that didn't include the tow package? Mine is a '22.

Last edited:

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What is the difference between this and the 4 pin curt aftermarket? Doesn't look like they tap into yhe battery terminal to install this
it gives you a 4 pin connection and a 7 pin connection. The 7 pin connection gives you power and trailer brakes connections while the 4 pin just gives lights.

SGXIX

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

it gives you a 4 pin connection and a 7 pin connection. The 7 pin connection gives you power and trailer brakes connections while the 4 pin just gives lights.
Would I be able to flat tow a sedan with 4 pin connection for example? Trying to figure out real life situations when 4 pin would be limited

MarkusBigBucks

Badlands
First Name
Markus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Superduty 7.3 PSD, 2017 Ford Escape.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Would I be able to flat tow a sedan with 4 pin connection for example? Trying to figure out real life situations when 4 pin would be limited
I am not sure, depends on how the lights on the sedan hooked up.
With the kit , having a 4 pin and a 7 pin, all bases are covered.
Sponsored