Sponsored

Ford stole $1,300 worth (262k points) of reward points - empty hardtop promises.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He who giveth will also taketh. Or something to that effect. If I recall correctly the old version, Owner Advantage (dealer funded points) had a 6 month expiration at one time and a lot of folks really watched their balances. This was well before Ford had an app to keep track of use and earn.
Sponsored

Gump

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands Advanced, Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just so it's clear in my mind; the OP gets free points gifted to him, he doesn't use them or read the conditions of the points so he losses them. He then proceeds to go on a public forum and accuses Ford of stealing from him. Humanity is doomed.
Seems pretty crystal clear to me. As consumers, it is our responsibility to read the fine print. Ford hold themselves accountable to the points being valid for a period of time, we are accountable for using them before they expire.

It seems pretty cut and dry to me.

But I suppose it’s a tough lesson learned.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sucks - I get that it's in the fine print, however an email reminder to customers before this occurs should be a best practise by Ford. Other companies do this when points/rewards are about to expire.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just so it's clear in my mind; the OP gets free points gifted to him, he doesn't use them or read the conditions of the points so he losses them. He then proceeds to go on a public forum and accuses Ford of stealing from him. Humanity is doomed.
You forgot the part where the OP had Ford emails set to go to spam so he missed all the use-it-or-lose-it reminders.

DriveAllNight

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One Very Cool Ride
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Under normal circumstances I would say, sorry you lose.

But to me at least, the wrinkle is Ford not being able to deliver on hardtops, which is what gave them the points in the first place.

So in my mind, the clock should start when the hardtops became available to purchase.

Sponsored

APEX REX

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor and 21 2D Base 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You forgot the part where the OP had Ford emails set to go to spam so he missed all the use-it-or-lose-it reminders.
I saw that comment, but also know that you can access your points status 24/7 via your myFord account on either a PC or smartphone App.

mattymik

Wildtrak
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Odyssey, 2023 WildTrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
On the topic, but a slight highjacking:

can we use Ford points to pay for aftermarket upgrades/work, e.g. a lift, performance tune, etc?

raqball

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Badlands 2DR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That sucks - I get that it's in the fine print, however an email reminder to customers before this occurs should be a best practise by Ford. Other companies do this when points/rewards are about to expire.
Company apologists will always blame the customer for not reading and having memorized the fine print.. Yeah sure, I know the terms and condition for every product I've purchased. I am fully aware, and can recite those terms and conditions on demand....

Page 4,789, section 1277(a)(94), subsection 1955.8 of the AT&T agreement? Yup, I know exactly what it says! /s

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base
1. I don't see in the app my expiration date
2. Ford should email to notify(and notify in app) when within month of expiring, not doing this is like they don't believe in their incentive program and it like they are playing games to hide the incentive from customers

Both these things are shady

Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the topic, but a slight highjacking:

can we use Ford points to pay for aftermarket upgrades/work, e.g. a lift, performance tune, etc?
Nope. Ford/Motorcraft parts, accessories and dealer labor only.

TrailRaider

Badlands
First Name
Mr. G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST, Mitsubishi Montero, Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So they expired? Bummer