Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura TL Type S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What dose GVWR mean?
It means Gross Vehicle Weight Rating. It is the maximum amount of weight that that Ford thinks can safely be added to the veihicle. This minus your vehicles weight is your payload capacity.
Sponsored

Marauder

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Normal delivery will be from June to December 2021. Late availability will be 2022. Thats the way I've been reading into it. Its not going to be fun for people in a hurry to get the Bronco thats for sure.

And now with Covid-19 numbers spiking through the roof as the weather gets cold the situation is only going to get worse. I wouldn't be surprised if the factories shut down for a period of time. It is what it is.
Ok, I had been reading that differently, like there was a definite difference between 2021 & 2022, but I canā€™t argue with your logic.

this flu season will get REAL ugly, especially as I see a number of schools returning... just before Thanksgiving (what are they thinking!?)

Kino

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜18 GC Trailhawk; ā€˜20 Honda Passport; '74 VW KG
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're in some far-flung area they aren't shipping a single Bronco on a truck. I can only assume that means they aren't just delivering the trucks as they built them, in order, but rather making reasonable logistical decisions to move them to their final destination. Don't read too much into it.
Residency, Oh, Canada.

edit: I'm glad some got the joke.

Last edited:

perfectburrito

Badlands
First Name
Gil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Badlands Sasquatch, 2.7AT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It means Gross Vehicle Weight Rating. It is the maximum amount of weight that that Ford thinks can safely be added to the veihicle. This minus your vehicles weight is your payload capacity.
More specifically, it's the weight that Ford has tested and confirmed that the vehicle is compliant to NTSB safety standards of performance. Loaded past that weight, they have limited their liability if an operator damages their vehicle or harms themselves.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, 2019 4Runner TRD Pro, 2013 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Two things I noticed

1. It says painted tops for late 2021. Didnā€™t this used to say black tops only and white tops 22? Or was that from a different piece of literature. Could mean white tops have moved up the list

2. This whole GVWR doesnā€™t make sense. A non sasquatched 2.7L badlands canā€™t have headliner but a 2.7 OBX can? So some of the off roading bits and tires 1ā€ bigger really break the threshold for no headliner?
Black tops and color match tops.

Sponsored

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They way I have understood all of this is that they are not building the broncos in a direct numerical order, i.e. your reservation was in on july 13th at 6pm, mine was in at 6:01 pm. They will be building them in batches and the way the broncos roll down the assembly line will be based on reservation time stamp. They aren't going to build an FE then follow it up with a base, following by a BD, followed by BB. There would be no way a dealer could pick which order gets built when.
Yet that is exactly how they will build.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Residency, Oh, Canada.
Exactly. I don't expect Broncos to arrive immediately in Canada for this exact reason. I don't know much about the logistics but it wouldn't surprise me if a whole train needs to be filled to be sent across the border.

Treeza61

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Residency, Oh, Canada.
It wonā€™t matter, it will just be loaded up with a few F150s and Mustangs. They donā€™t deliver all of one vehicle.

Doc Rocket

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Base, Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
More specifically, it's the weight that Ford has tested and confirmed that the vehicle is compliant to NTSB safety standards of performance. Loaded past that weight, they have limited their liability if an operator damages their vehicle or harms themselves.
I think Ford is especially sensitive to the overloaded vehicle thing due to the Explorer roll-overs in the mid 2000's. Most of those were vehicles with 800-1000 lbs of payload capacity, that had 4-5 people, PLUS 800-1000 lbs in the back, and on the roof (plus underinflated tires, plus exceeding the speed rating on the tires, plus mid-summer asphalt in sunny states for 150F roads, plus...) and they still ended up eating the liability (even though, at a cost of a lot of public displeasure, I think they could have successfully argued it was the driver's fault in most of the cases--"When did you last check the tire pressure?"). They settled, for lots of money, to get it out of the news.
Now, in the four door, the max payload is 1,370lbs, but that is undoubtedly for a base, or at least the lightest possible version. From that, the hard top probably deducts 75lbs, the v-6 a couple hundred, the sasquatch package about 200lbs, etc. I think they are trying not to get below something like 800lbs payload, so there is reasonable room for a family of four to get in and not exceed the GVWR -- with a couple of suitcases. It is possible that someone will try to get the starting offensive line of the Bears into their Bronco, but unlikely, and at least they probably wouldn't have luggage.
Overall, I think that the roof rack is, as was suggested above, accounting for the roof rack and max load against an attempt to keep the remaining payload to something like 800 lbs for the 4 door, and probably 500-600 for the 2 door.

LandCruiser

Base
First Name
Bocephias
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Why isnā€™t the Sasquatch manual transmission available in the Build & Price?

As mentioned in our announcement, Sasquatch expanding to manual transmission-equipped Bronco models will be in late 2021 calendar year and Build & Price will be updated at that time.
So how is this going to be a 2021 MY option if everyone building in January can't specify the MT with the Sasquatch package?

Sponsored

BodieMonster

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R, VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So they parade around a Bronco Overland concept but can't actually build it due to GVWR?

Sounds like they over promised and underachieved. The Bronco might be a capable vehicle but only in the stripped down versions.
This is definitely giving me some pause as well. I really want a 2.7L Badlands that I can kit out for overlanding but that doesn't sacrifice too much in the way of safety so it feels a bit limiting. I really hope Ford provides a bit more clarity on the GVWR restrictions... I mean the dynamic load is only 110lbs so it's not even like you can throw a ton of gear up there.

Last edited:

Broncocito

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Tacoma TRD PRO Manual
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
They way I have understood all of this is that they are not building the broncos in a direct numerical order, i.e. your reservation was in on july 13th at 6pm, mine was in at 6:01 pm. They will be building them in batches and the way the broncos roll down the assembly line will be based on reservation time stamp. They aren't going to build an FE then follow it up with a base, following by a BD, followed by BB. There would be no way a dealer could pick which order gets built when.
Yep, this is what I thought; however, I gleamed from him that they (the dealer) can basically do what they want regardless of when a reservation was made and on what trim.

rchapa8

Badlands
First Name
richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Chevy Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ok, I had been reading that differently, like there was a definite difference between 2021 & 2022, but I canā€™t argue with your logic.

this flu season will get REAL ugly, especially as I see a number of schools returning... just before Thanksgiving (what are they thinking!?)
Agree. Today is my first day back at my campus and have been sitting at my desk since i got here. No plans to enter the hallways or visit anyone.

jbf19

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1977 Chevrolet Blazer and 2015 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

"Customers will work with their dealer to replace their 21MY order but will have access to any product improvements for 22MY. Their reservation timestamp will remain with their order."
So are y'all reading this to mean we can order a 21MY in December and then when 22MY details are released in the spring/summer of 2021 we can cancel and put in a new order (say for a white top) for a 22MY? If so, what how would the original timestamp help you? Just means you're one of the early orders for MY22?
Sponsored