First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’d just take a steering wheel or something. Like, “here’s the wheel for the Bronco we can’t build.” At least than I’d feel appreciated.
Sponsored

Mango&Moose

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Scion xB / Toyota Sienna. RIP my 96 Ranger Splash
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Thread is too large to read all of it.

What is to happen to the people who purchased from a dealership that is far from home?

glamosaurus

Base
First Name
Hope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

What is to happen to the people who purchased from a dealership that is far from home?
I'd imagine you could get the work done at your nearest Ford dealership? That's my plan, anyway...

CJK

Outer Banks
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mazda 2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I agree to an extent. Living in Florida, I’m not taking my bronco without air conditioning, I’d take it without heated seats though.

it’s really just the mentality of “I want it when I want it, however that has to happen.” It’s unfortunate that it’s come to this. It makes me wonder if ford will give any credits or anything since people are getting “incomplete” builds.
I would consider air conditioning to be a safety feature if you live in the southern states.

Sponsored
OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

maybe it depends on the dealership, but I just learned mine will not allow us to take the incomplete bronco due to "safety issues" and "the vehicle won't function properly" 😭😤🤬 so now i'm convinced shipping my bronco will only delay pickup even more. this whole process has sucked so bad.
Our first verified "my Dealer said" post in this thread.

If this is implemented by Ford, on what they said are "non-safety critical features", and then your dealer says "will not allow us to take the incomplete bronco due to "safety issues" and "the vehicle won't function properly", you know this is 100% USDA Grade BS and the dealer simply does not want to mess with it.

CT203

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 JK
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wonder if Ford will inform us of what equipment won’t work before they ship? I am now on the fence I don’t know if I want to take delivery of a vehicle that has no ETA on chips.
This could affect GOAT mode, sway bar disconnects, 4WD, navigation, radio, heated seats and the list goes on and on….
A friend's boss's Porsche had this happen. The chip controlled his steering wheel positioning. He had to set it in his preferred position at the dealer, they put it in place then it was what it was until the chip came in approximately 2 months later. An inconvenience but overall not a big deal. I'd expect Ford to somehow screw it up though and maybe you're AC wont work but your heat will blast and the horn will honk when you hit the brakes until your chips come in.

DUUUVAL95

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

100% agree BUT bronco6g likes to complain and go against the grain at every opportunity. If Ford holds vehicles for chips then bronco6g gets angry and if they release them while waiting for chips then bronco6g still gets angry. No matter what Ford can’t win
OOOOOH, someone’s getting booted…for making a 100% accurate statement!!!
LMAO
You cannot, repeat CAN NOT speak that logic in here!!!

desert_rat

Big Bend
First Name
Leslie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Our first verified "my Dealer said" post in this thread.

If this is implemented by Ford, on what they said are "non-safety critical features", and then your dealer says "will not allow us to take the incomplete bronco due to "safety issues" and "the vehicle won't function properly", you know this is 100% USDA Grade BS and the dealer simply does not want to mess with it.
the article you shared literally says "... executives told dealers in a meeting here Saturday, according to three people present." "... and dealers who attended the meeting said the company did not discuss what nameplates were involved."
the sources for this article are ford dealers.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

What if.... the dealer installs the chip but it doesn't work because quality control was not able to verify it worked.
DEALERS DO NOT INSTALL CHIPS! 💡

That is not how electronics are built, the chips are received at the module suppliers and then go into the fabrication process that involves multi-million dollar production equipment. Depending on the component type, surface mount, through-hole, etc, it will use different machines and processes, see examples below.

Then, during and after all of the assembly production steps, the modules are tested and reworked as needed, then and only then are the 100% functional modules shipped to Ford.

Unfortunately, automotive marketing and media types don't know how to say, as soon as our suppliers get the chips they will build the modules and ship them.

Here is an example of a SMT, surface mount component pick & place machine that inserts the components onto the circuit boards.
Ford Bronco Ford will ship Broncos without chips controlling non-safety critical features SharpOilyBichonfrise-size_restricted

Then, depending on the type of components, it's time to solder, this example is a Wave solder station where the stuffed circuit boards, with through-hole components, get soldered, in that flowing, molting solder bath.
Ford Bronco Ford will ship Broncos without chips controlling non-safety critical features b3BQgh

Electronics 101 Primer
It is not the chips that are actually missing in any shipped/delayed vehicles. Chips are simply one element, or one component, inside of an electronic assembly, sometimes called a module, device or unit. These units are held up at the supplier awaiting the actual chips to arrive so the units can be completed and tested. Only then are the units shipped to Ford.

Dealer's will not be receiving "Chips", dealers will be receiving "Complete Modules" which contain the missing chips, for example, here is a Heated Seat Control Module for the Mustang.
s-l1600.jpg

An example of the actual Chips, they are the small black devices, on the green circuit board, in the open module below (three examples circled in red):
-repair-training-india-100-25-guaranty-500x500-jpg.jpg

Here is an example of an acutal F-150 module being replaced. Ford ICE Mountain workers or Dealers are doing nothing more than plugging in full assemblies, similar to this.

Last edited:

Sponsored

nosaj525

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Base 2dr Manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

if yours just came off the line then it's probably complete. the broncos on ice mountain are incomplete. Ford prioritizes the production line.
Thank you for your insight Desert Rat! Hopefully your Bronco comes home soon. And I happen to be daily driving my brother's Honda Gen 2 CR-V, so the anticipation for a bigger, badder 4wd is REAL!

ChompSticks

Black Diamond
First Name
ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

DEALERS DO NOT INSTALL CHIPS!

That is not how electronics are built, the chips are received at the module suppliers and then go into the fabrication process that involves multi-million dollar production equipment. Depending on the component type, surface mount, through-hole, etc, it will use different machines and processes, see examples below.

Then, during and after all of the assembly production steps, the modules are tested and reworked as needed, then and only then are the 100% functional modules shipped to Ford.

Unfortunately, automotive marketing and media types don't know how to say, as soon as our suppliers get the chips they will build the modules and ship them.

Here is an example of a SMT, surface mount component stuffing machine that inserts the components onto the circuit boards.
SharpOilyBichonfrise-size_restricted.gif

Then, depending on the type of components, it's time to solder, this example is a Wave solder station where the stuffed circuit boards, with through-hole components, get soldered, in that flowing, molting solder bath.
b3BQgh.gif
Oh yes I understand this. :) just saying, what if the module for say heated seats is installed and the module is fine but there is an actual problem with the heated seat itself. I know Ford would take care of it. I am just making more future bronco holders more worried... :devilish:

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Oh yes I understand this. :) just saying, what if the module for say heated seats is installed and the module is fine but there is an actual problem with the heated seat itself. I know Ford would take care of it. I am just making more future bronco holders more worried... :devilish:
It would be covered under standard warranty repair.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

the article you shared literally says "... executives told dealers in a meeting here Saturday, according to three people present." "... and dealers who attended the meeting said the company did not discuss what nameplates were involved."
the sources for this article are ford dealers.
Yes, but the information is from an actual automotive journalist, interviewing Ford dealers at a Ford conference. Also in their article it stated any Bronco shipped would be Drivable and Sellable.

I'm not saying he could be wrong, I'm saying the only way we get any information on the Bronco is from leaks and insights, since Ford has prohibited themselves from communicating virtually any information.
Sponsored