Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Dammit, no Carolina Jim to piss in the Wheaties...

Kidding...
Sponsored

Robinhood

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Bronco, 2019 Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So don't hate on me for asking this please. My hard top (MIC) shows zero signs of delam or chips or honeycomb or anything. I am wondering.......Will we be allowed to keep our original tops? I kinda hate to let go of the original if I see no issues, but I also hate the idea of NOT getting a new and "improved" MIC. Anyone work at Ford that could confirm my thoughts?

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So don't hate on me for asking this please. My hard top (MIC) shows zero signs of delam or chips or honeycomb or anything. I am wondering.......Will we be allowed to keep our original tops? I kinda hate to let go of the original if I see no issues, but I also hate the idea of NOT getting a new and "improved" MIC. Anyone work at Ford that could confirm my thoughts?
Ford is gonna want those tops back, or at the very least, proof that they were destroyed. It would reflect too poorly on them. Imagine if you sold your Bronco but decided to keep the MIC 2.0 and sold it with the original top. Then, down the line, the person who bought your truck had warranty issues.

blu76

First Edition
First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Amen! Let’s get this going boys 👍👍

Bronco4

First Edition
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 CCLB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

No you will not be able to keep it if you take delivery of a Mic 2.0. Maybe if you just don't request a replacement.

Sponsored

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Updated with more info from @PREMiERdrum

We didn't think they could do it, but they did. The scale of this operation will make for fun reading in the years ahead... I doubt there have been many other situations with tooling components being express airlifted to meet an impossible deadline.
Tooling was up and running Friday and from what I can tell they cranked all weekend. So far, no issues have been discovered. I don't believe they've officially been released for delivery but that should happen later this week.

https://www.freep.com/story/money/c...rd-bronco-hardtops-ready-shipping/5754266001/

Ford confirms it will ship new Bronco hardtops, Broncos this week

September 7, 2021

Ford Motor Co. will start shipping this week thousands of new hardtop roofs to dealers waiting to replace the faulty ones on 2021 Broncos already delivered, the Free Press has learned.

Also, Ford will be installing the new tops in 2021 Broncos that have been held backthen shipping those vehicles immediately.

"Testing has been completed," said Mark Grueber, Ford Bronco marketing manager, told the Free Press on Tuesday. "We're ramping up production of the new roof and waiting for those units."

Customers should call their dealers to make arrangements.

Three weeks ago, Ford announced that it would replace all 2021 Bronco hardtops for customers and dealers after extreme water and humidity changed their appearance.

In addition, Ford held its massive supply of non-delivered vehicles in large lots as the manufacturing process evolved.

In early July, the Free Press first reported that the Webasto hardtop problems were disrupting production and delivery of a product the began with 125,000 orders.

Ford began shipping the hot new SUV from its Michigan Assembly Plant in Wayne in mid-June. A combination of the chip shortage, COVID-19 challenges and supply chain issues combined with a manufacturing problem to create a high-profile headache.

"We’ve started the roof replacements on the hardtop. We’ll be continuing to ramp that up to replace the roofs on vehicles currently being held needing the new roof," Grueber told the Free Press. "Shortly, we’ll be starting to send the new roofs out to dealers for those vehicles that have already been delivered. We expect to be shipping the roofs and the Broncos with the new roofs within the week."

The only delay now, he said, is the time it takes to run all Broncos that have been sitting awhile through comprehensive inspection.

"We'll do a water test on the new roof as well," Grueber said. "We'll make sure they're ready for sale."
That is an amazing turn around time and a LoLz moment to any of the folks that cancelled their orders.

Zolie C.

Outer Banks
First Name
Zolie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Great News! For the owners that switched to soft top, in hopes of earlier delivery, will they/I still get the hard top prep kit(for future)? I'm pretty sure there is something in writing somewhere>

okbob

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
71' u15, 66' u14, 66' u14
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

2 door folks still at the back of the line, early reservation or not.

David12691

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
We didn't think they could do it, but they did. The scale of this operation will make for fun reading in the years ahead... I doubt there have been many other situations with tooling components being express airlifted to meet an impossible deadline.

Tooling was up and running Friday and from what I can tell they cranked all weekend. So far, no issues have been discovered. I don't believe they've officially been released for delivery but that should happen later this week.
Hey man, good to see you back on the forums.

Any insight into the soft tops build around 9/2 - 9/16? Theres quite a few of us in our respective threads with built units that have been stuck "in production" for almost a full month. We have no idea what's going on with our builds and some of us are past our predicted delivery date.

Thanks again, as always.

Sponsored

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The unthinkable just happened - the hard top MICs scheduled for next week are actually happening. My assigned VIN (July pushed a few times to 9/30 as of late last week) may still hold. But still a bit skeptical they hit that date with FEs etc in front of me, or shuffled with me. But I think the most important part - those with an assigned VIN non-FE MIC probably have a lot more comfort that Ford will in fact get to these builds before the 2021 cut-off, and for those with AMB (or rapid red) could rest assured. That was my biggest fear in all of this was losing AMB.

Seahund

Badlands
First Name
Adam Webber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do we know if this changes the original plan of pushing all MIC tops to MY22?
Only for those not pulled for production & who fall in the 4th category after: 1. MY21 FE's, 2
Those already received by Cust., 3. Those produced but not shows yet... then I bet it's based on other equipment/option constraints. But, I would pit money that they will attempt to continue pushing out as many as possible until wyatt's left is pushed to '22. JMHO

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Guess we’ll see soon enough. Mine built 8/5 so it’ll be quite a while before I see it. Lots ahead of me.
I'm 08/05 blend date, too! Let me know if you hear something from Ford! Fingers crossed!

DFNMAN

Base
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2dr, 15' M3, 07' FJ, 03' M3, 79' 928
Your Bronco Model
Base
I think that this just may be the first time ANYTHING related to this car has been ahead of schedule.

Awesome news.

Not true, they opened up reservations way sooner then they should have lol

Brocked

Wildtrak
First Name
Brock
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lots
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The unthinkable just happened - the hard top MICs scheduled for next week are actually happening. My assigned VIN (July pushed a few times to 9/30 as of late last week) may still hold. But still a bit skeptical they hit that date with FEs etc in front of me, or shuffled with me. But I think the most important part - those with an assigned VIN non-FE MIC probably have a lot more comfort that Ford will in fact get to these builds before the 2021 cut-off, and for those with AMB (or rapid red) could rest assured. That was my biggest fear in all of this was losing AMB.
There are MICs and FEs happening this week. Mine is on Friday. Lets hope this week is good too!
Sponsored