First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU Rubicon, 2018 Volkswagen Golf R
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, read it again, still too much beer. Ordering enough isn't about "just ordering more". Reading comprehension ftw.

But if it is still too hard for you with your beer goggles, they didn't order enough in the past, 9 months to a year later isnt when they need to "order more", by then the impact is already on course. Because steering that boat of production has already long since sailed.

You are trying to act like I am saying this action can be corrected later, that is not how forecasting works. It is a predictive model. Maybe now you get it, but not likely...
So you’re saying Ford should have predicted the Renesas fire and lead times doubling or tripling at the same time that global semiconductor demand was ramping back up? Which predictive model is that which takes those types of events into consideration, and gets the timing exactly right without committing to huge component purchases 9-12 months ago during the deepest depths of the pandemic? Good luck selling those purchase commitments to the Ford execs (or any execs) last year.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

this this obvious you haven’t been paying attention to Ford stock. They had a dividend of roughly 5% up until 2020. Stock dipped down to 5 and has been climbing back. It’s price target is set at 15. I believe Ford will hit 20 dollars before the dividend is reinstated
I've said I think it is undervalued. The fact is you have to go back to August 2001 when the last time they cracked $20/share. If you bought at their low, then good for you. At $15, it would be a nice bump from the basement. Ford Stonk

billybong420

Base
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Legs......
Your Bronco Model
Base
That would imply that it is high? Ford hasn't cracked $20/share in 20 years. It sits at $12.50/share as I type. If you are looking to invest than just do it. A buck or 2 isn't going to make that much of a difference in the grand scheme.
i am a long time dealership employee who remembers when the stock was a buck!!!!

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Reduce EcoSport 100%
Reduce Transit vans 95%
Reduce all crossovers 75%
Reduce all trucks 50%
Increase Bronco 150%

Problem solved.
Bronco Sport was a dumb idea. Not needed and is dumbing down the whole 6G Bronco release.

Sponsored

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i am a long time dealership employee who remembers when the stock was a buck!!!!
I'm not sure how to react to such a statement. Happy that you got in on the ground floor at a $1 or sad that you have waited a lifetime for the hope that it cracks $15. There are some that are very bullish on Ford. But if they are being honest with themselves, they can look at the historical performance of Ford's stock that I linked and accept that it has under performed. I'm bullish on it in that I feel it is undervalued. But I also have no expectation that it will yield profits compared to other investments.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Bronco Sport was a dumb idea. Not needed and is dumbing down the whole 6G Bronco release.
Not really...it'll be a money maker with more sales that the full size Bronco (my prediction). Bronco Sport money helped the business case for the real Bronco. Plus back in the day, there was the Bronco II.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm not sure how to react to such a statement. Happy that you got in on the ground floor at a $1 or sad that you have waited a lifetime for the hope that it cracks $15. There are some that are very bullish on Ford. But if they are being honest with themselves, they can look at the historical performance of Ford's stock that I linked and accept that it has under performed. I'm bullish on it in that I feel it is undervalued. But I also have no expectation that it will yield profits compared to other investments.
It definitely isn't one of those you invest in thinking it is a long term deal.
It's one of those short term/mid term make some cash and get out while the "gettin's good" stocks.
I bought in last year at reserve time, expecting the X plan deal. Bought 500 shares at $6.62 each, sold back when it first hit $12.50.
A nice, tidy little sum for a 6 month investment.
But there are better performers. Definitely. It is undervalued and historically, not the best performer.
But times change, economic and breakthrough business change. I wish I had gotten in on Tesla when it first went public. I wish I had gotten in on Bitcoin when it was a buy-in at $40 per. I wish I had NOT bought Haliburton at $48 each, thinking oil and gas were about to go up. (Eye roll).
And I'm hoping above all else that NAK rockets up once they finally get the rights to start mining that gold reserve (check that out sometime, you investors). Or it could be a Ponzi scheme I bought into at 5,000 shares at 1.29 each...
I wouldn't mind buying back into Ford when it dips down to around the $6-7 mark, because it will rise again, and if it does take off to $20 per or more, that bit of change is profit no matter what.
A $6 share being sold at $12 is doubling your money, whether you have $100 invested or $100,000.
But I definitely wouldn't buy it right now.
It's all a gamble.
Personally if I were looking to invest I'd be checking out AI, Genetic engineering, and space-faring options. Once they take off, they are going to take off big time. But not in the next year or even 5. It's more long-term stuff.
I invest heavily into tech, emerging markets, and utilities in my 401k, and it yields roughly a 30% gain annually. And that's huge in a retirement plan.
But there are smarter people than me on here as far as investments, and people on here who do it as their field of expertise.
I'm just a regular guy trying to find what works.
*sorry for the long post.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fishing. Yes.
It is what we all need.
A sunny 75 degree Friday off of work to just fish.
No work, no Bronco talk, no internet. No phone.
A lake, a pole, some bait, and a shade tree.
Where do I sign up!?

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Counterpoint - they've sold ~24K Sports in '21 Q1 and 60% of the buyers are coming from other brands.

Also note Sport development / production has no influence over 2dr/4dr Bronco.

https://fordauthority.com/2021/04/m...e-bronco-sport-buyers-came-from-other-brands/
As much as I'm not a Bronco Sport fan, I agree it was a good move to pull others over to Ford. I can imagine some folks like the smaller version - Curious how many convert long term to the full-size Bronco after this.

Hoosier.Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Hoosier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150 KR, 2011 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah... Ford deciding to pull the carpet out from under the UAW to take production from Ohio to Mexico seems like a great American company.
Sponsored