Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2015 BMW M4, 2019 Jeep G.C. Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m really trying to decipher this because from the blogs, they’re saying you need the Mid package because of it’s connected navigation having GPS, but from watching the video, it seems that you only need the MidPackage if you wanna run the app from Sync4’s mobile app. If you’re using Apple Carplay, you can just use the gps from your phone.

Right?
I think that is correct. Technically you can have your own trail app on your phone (like Gaia) and that would sync with the Bronco's Sync4 screen. I actually have done that with my Jeep GC using its Uconnect system (Chrysler's version of Sync4) and it works fairly well. In that case, your phone would do all the work for GPS, data, etc.

I am sure it will not integrate quite as well as running within the vehicle. TBH, I am curious how this will work too and should know in a couple more weeks ;)

annieVonBebop

Badlands
First Name
annie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Xterra XE 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think that is correct. Technically you can have your own trail app on your phone (like Gaia) and that would sync with the Bronco's Sync4 screen. I actually have done that with my Jeep GC using its Uconnect system (Chrysler's version of Sync4) and it works fairly well. In that case, your phone would do all the work for GPS, data, etc.

I am sure it will not integrate quite as well as running within the vehicle. TBH, I am curious how this will work too and should know in a couple more weeks ;)
Hopefully soon. I’m willing to go Standard on my BL if that’s the case. Lol

hellahella

Badlands
First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I meant as far as an accessory to buy but the chuckle I just got from this reply so worth it 👑👑👑
Haha yea sorry i misread your comment. I had to rewatch the video just to be sure what he said. 🤣

BonzosBronco

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Explorer, RIP 89 Bronco XLT, 2020 FTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

HobbyNobby

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just want to confirm that the off road app ISN'T available yet or am i missing a set-up on my 2021 Badlands Sasquatch?

And what is the Sync 4 is this something i should be using ?I I'm an android user

Sponsored

Merc4x4

Badlands
First Name
steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just want to confirm that the off road app ISN'T available yet or am i missing a set-up on my 2021 Badlands Sasquatch?

And what is the Sync 4 is this something i should be using ?I I'm an android user
Android user here.
If the FordPass Performance app with off road nav is available, I can't find it.

Sync is the brand name of Ford's in-car infotainment system. Sync 4 is the latest version, new for t2021 on select models, including the Bronco.

https://owner.ford.com/support/how-tos/sync/sync-4-and-4a/

Glox19

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Android user here.
If the FordPass Performance app with off road nav is available, I can't find it.

Sync is the brand name of Ford's in-car infotainment system. Sync 4 is the latest version, new for t2021 on select models, including the Bronco.

https://owner.ford.com/support/how-tos/sync/sync-4-and-4a/
Just got my badlands Sasquatch this week. I don’t see any app available and nothing but crickets to direct questions asked about where and when.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Just got my badlands Sasquatch this week. I don’t see any app available and nothing but crickets to direct questions asked about where and when.
They can't get the websites right, They can't get emails right, they can't get sync 4 right, They can't get the software Gremlins in the Bronco right,,... So even if they did release this app, it wouldn't work anyway.

Glox19

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Sequoia
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They can't get the websites right, They can't get emails right, they can't get sync 4 right, They can't get the software Gremlins in the Bronco right,,... So even if they did release this app, it wouldn't work anyway.
Very true. I’ll stick with Gaia.

Chipt7

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr Badlands Squatch, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The App is still not available at this time...ETA I am being told is "near future".
Sponsored