North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

A product typically has a market demographic and marketing's goal is to connect with each of the demographics. And if you think about it Ford's marketing group doesn't need to do anything to get a message to the Bronco6g forum because this demographic is aware and the product design (features and benefits) will be how the sales team converts interest to an order.
While you may believe this to be true, that Ford does not need to engage their enthusiasts, then would you care to explain why Ford does just that for all these other Ford communities?

https://performance.ford.com/series.html
https://performance.ford.com/series/off-road-racing/news/articles.html
https://performance.ford.com/series/stock-car-racing/news/articles.html
https://performance.ford.com/series/ford-gt/news/articles.html
https://performance.ford.com/series/drag-racing/news/articles.html
https://performance.ford.com/series/road-racing/news/articles.html
https://performance.ford.com/series/rally/news/articles.html
https://performance.ford.com/series/action-sports/news/articles.html

I wonder why this one does not work?
https://performance.ford.com/series/bronco
Sponsored

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've been thinking about Ford's marketing efforts. In my opinion they've been abysmal. I've been trying to decide whether they're incompetent or just mistaken in their efforts. I mean, the Bronco has been absent for over 20 years. I guess I can understand that Ford underestimated the demand (although I really think that's incompetence in itself). So they reveal the Bronco to great fanfare. Then...nothing. All we get from an information standpoint is Mike Levine's vague tweets. I'll keep my opinion on that guy's performance to myself. But if you're Ford, you clearly have a huge population of people clamoring for the Bronco. They want details. They want specifics. They want prices. You continue to miss self-imposed deadlines (spare me with the "by September" includes September BS). The question is whether Ford is stringing people along because they believe it keeps us interested or they are just incompetent. I think that once you realize there is a demand for your product that far exceeds your expectations a strategy of stringing people along to keep them interested is unlikely. Thus, I think Ford's marketing efforts and the lack of information is a result is sheer incompetence. Maybe they need a few more "rock stars" running the show. The new design of the Bronco is spot on. However, Ford's execution of the product launch is abysmal. Just my opinion. Some people will say roll with the punches. Enjoy the ride. I get that. But when I look at it from a business perspective, Ford gets a failing grade. People say Ford really needs this launch to go well and maybe it will from a sales standpoint. But in my opinion, Mike Levine and his "rock star" marketing team is detrimental the Ford's launch efforts.
Wow, You sound frustrated! I absolutely disagree. They've got folks like you on edge and desperate for information. People aren't jumping ship because they have to wait, they are planning ahead and not purchasing other vehicles. Meanwhile, Ford is collecting data from us all through online surveys of reservation holders and reading forums like this to better understand their customer. 'By" September frustrations? Give me a break! We've all known all along that ordering is in December. If build and price isn't coming quick enough for you, so what! Do you really need two months to play with it? Two days would be plenty for me. Ford is doing a fantastic job. They'll have 100,000+ real orders in December. People who didn't reserve one will be clamoring to get one when they start seeing them around, while none are available in dealerships.

If you're not happy, go buy a tired old, dated Wrangler. I'm sure there plenty of Jeep dealers who'll be glad to hook you up, IN SEPTEMBER. :)

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Honestly....at this point do they even need to sell this thing? Reservations are at what now 300,000?
Maybe reservations are, maybe not. Many on here have echoed what many dealers have said to me over the phone... "We have X number of reservations, we expect maybe 50% to convert to orders." And that's probably pretty close across the boards.

Ford fully expected people to flock to the sport model. The full bronco was intended to be no more than a niche market concept vehicle at time of release. Now they're scrambling to figure out how to build it.
I disagree with you here. I feel the Sport initially is meant to fill in the "lower price" gaps for the Bronco. The Sport is meant to be the "rugged" version of the Escape. Ford came into this knowing damn well how good the Jeep Wrangler sells. Ford wanted to get those sales numbers, they looked at what they could offer... The Bronco... the Legend. They expect it to sell with similar numbers to the Wrangler.

And yet, we're all sitting here waiting so clearly...they still have the interest.
Yes we are all sitting here, each for our own reasons. I was going to buy the Bronco as long as it didn't get released as something like the new Blazer. So absolutely, I'M STILL HERE. But that doesn't mean that Ford, in my opinion, isn't fucking this launch up, because I feel they are. I saw people at work that were excited for the new Bronco at launch time. Now, some of them say Eh, I'll look at this other brand or that one. Some don't even talk about the Bronco anymore, simply say, Tell me when it comes out and I'll see if I still want it. In my opinion, INTEREST, directed at the real TARGET GROUP, has dipped super low.

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe reservations are, maybe not. Many on here have echoed what many dealers have said to me over the phone... "We have X number of reservations, we expect maybe 50% to convert to orders." And that's probably pretty close across the boards.

I disagree with you here. I feel the Sport initially is meant to fill in the "lower price" gaps for the Bronco. The Sport is meant to be the "rugged" version of the Escape. Ford came into this knowing damn well how good the Jeep Wrangler sells. Ford wanted to get those sales numbers, they looked at what they could offer... The Bronco... the Legend. They expect it to sell with similar numbers to the Wrangler.

Yes we are all sitting here, each for our own reasons. I was going to buy the Bronco as long as it didn't get released as something like the new Blazer. So absolutely, I'M STILL HERE. But that doesn't mean that Ford, in my opinion, isn't fucking this launch up, because I feel they are. I saw people at work that were excited for the new Bronco at launch time. Now, some of them say Eh, I'll look at this other brand or that one. Some don't even talk about the Bronco anymore, simply say, Tell me when it comes out and I'll see if I still want it. In my opinion, INTEREST, directed at the real TARGET GROUP, has dipped super low.
160,000+ reservations, how could anyone possibly say they know anything about what target group has 'dipped super low'? This entire forum, even if it had 100% activity doesn't account for over 90% of the overall reservations.

I'm curious if people that seem distraught with Ford have ever watched a new market new model launch? It takes a while and it will be sloppy in a time of millions of social media outlets and dealers all trying to pretend they have some level of insight.

I appreciate the point that it would be great if Ford had some amazing plan and social media blitz but that isn't the case, for any manf. There is a large difference between slapping badges and a powertrain on an existing product, and building one from scratch. Ford could have simply slapped some bodywork and logos on an Edge or Explorer and called it a "Bronco" had it delivered in record time. But instead they chose to really do something (unlike a slapped together Dodge Ram or Jeep with a Hemi).

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They will not let the next F-150 launch fail like the Explorer. The Explorer launch was doomed from the start because of The Chicago plant.
I was confused on the issue from the beginning because my local dealer had them and saw a decent amount on the road already when news was going on. Between the two Broncos, the Mach-E and the F150, these are all highly sought after and anticipated vehicles and the roll out for all of them needs to go smoothly.

Sponsored

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I made the mistake of buying shares. Now I not only want a Bronco but also return on investment. My fault really as it took some fun out of things for me. Good news, not that many shares.
The dividend is currently suspended.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Then I need a job like Mike Levine. No pressure because it doesn't matter.
Just like a meteorologist. Can be 100% wrong everyday and keeps their job.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

qnet

Big Bend
First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2, Jeep Wrangler JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I still want a Bronco, but admit my excitement has died down a bit. With the B&P release date seemingly being pushed back more, I think I just need to make the decision to switch my reservation to the right dealer, and wait.

I'm not sure Ford was ready for the level of interest in the Bronco, but who really knows.

Sponsored

lowmpg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Interest as in interested...not money....um......

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think we’re at the point where it’s more than reasonable to assume ordering won’t be happening in December.
Agreed, and when they announce that in late October or November they will also finally admit there will be no 2021 model, they will finally call it a 2022 model.

Last edited:

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

So is the big beef that we don't have every little bit of information? Think of the alternative. They could have waited to unveil several months later. We would still be waiting to see what the Bronco looked like and what is it capable of.
Would that have made you happier?

Admit it or not, it's nearly impossible to keep a buzz going for almost a year. We aren't ordering till December and we aren't getting them till next summer so why is everyone so dang impatient? I believe the tough part will be after we order and have to wait 6 months before they start being delivered. Won't be much going on then. Although I'm sure all the armchair marketing managers will have plenty to talk about. :LOL:
I wish they would’ve waited. I’d be happier with a quick cadence of info so if that meant reveal in Dec, order in February and get in June, fine.
Sponsored