Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, they are having production issues so they should communicate.

Do you work in a customer service forward industry? Would you go to a popular restaurant and check with the host table and just sit and wait for 4 hours while other people walk in and get seated immediately? Would you wonder why the person who took your initial reservation told you 1 hour to go but the restaurant won't tell you anything about the wait well past the one hour mark? And would you be pissed that larger tables get seated before your small table? Wouldn't you be frustrated if the restaurant manager told the host to not tell you where you were in line? Do you just sit there? No, you ask what is holding up the wait but better customer service is to proactively tell the waiting parties what is going on in the restaurant that held up their reservation and this is the best estimate we can give you at the moment. Otherwise, your ass is getting up and going to another restaurant.

Unexpected delays and inconsistent social messaging absolutely dictate that Ford communicates with outstanding order holders. It's cheap to do electronically and doesn't take that much coordination. It's laziness, ineptitude or a disregard for your loyal customers to do so otherwise. Supply chain problems or not.
No but if I go to a chain restaurant I expect similar service
But I donā€™t expect the wait times to be the same at either

my only complaint is I canā€™t see how many people are seated, or how much staff they haveā€¦. Before I park and wait. And once I do I still donā€™t know

but in all fairness if I get my ass up and leave I should NOT be allowed to drive to another location and skip all those lines either
Sponsored

CMillBronco

Base
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GMC HD 3500 AT4, 2022 Toyota Tacoma TRD
Your Bronco Model
Base
Spoke to my dealer today as I emailed him my 23' build yesterday and he told me they will get order guide the 19th and can convert the order Wed 21st. I know it's "my dealer said" but that's what they will be doing. I switched from a 2 door BL to a 4 door BB and he told me I should see it much sooner and that they received word from Ford that OB's and up are going to be very constrained for a while.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unexpected delays and inconsistent social messaging absolutely dictate that Ford communicates with outstanding order holders. It's cheap to do electronically and doesn't take that much coordination. It's laziness, ineptitude or a disregard for your loyal customers to do so otherwise. Supply chain problems or not.
Each and every communication had to be scrutinized carefully when you get to that corporate level. In each case the safest option is to not say anything. For a multitude of reasons (legal, stockholders, public relations, etc.) a corporation has to be extremely conservative when making any public statement. I, like everyone else would like transparency in the communication. But I also understand why they can't. And again, understanding doesn't equal that I'm wouldn't like it to be different. It just means I know its a waste of air to complain.

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Well, they are having production issues so they should communicate.

Do you work in a customer service forward industry? Would you go to a popular restaurant and check with the host table and just sit and wait for 4 hours while other people walk in and get seated immediately? Would you wonder why the person who took your initial reservation told you 1 hour to go but the restaurant won't tell you anything about the wait well past the one hour mark? And would you be pissed that larger tables get seated before your small table? Wouldn't you be frustrated if the restaurant manager told the host to not tell you where you were in line? Do you just sit there? No, you ask what is holding up the wait but better customer service is to proactively tell the waiting parties what is going on in the restaurant that held up their reservation and this is the best estimate we can give you at the moment. Otherwise, your ass is getting up and going to another restaurant.

Lol thatā€™s quite the complex analogy. I can assure you thereā€™s not a single person on this website who bad mouthā€™s Ford, Mike Levine or Jim Farley more than me or the way this has been handled. I just wrote a very long winded complaint email to their corporate office yesterday and they reached out within 6 hours to ask me why I feel the way I do. Iā€™ve waited 26 months with no end in sight.

Despite all of that Iā€™ve never once bothered their customer service line and asked about our order update because there isnā€™t one, there will be one if and when we get scheduled. Just like at the restaurant, bothering the 16 year old host who has nothing to do with when the table opens up wonā€™t speed up my wait time. They tried the updates in 2021 and they were criticized for it because they didnā€™t contain anything worth a damn.

What is it you want? Generic emails that do nothing but to tell you what you already know without asking?

Newdoc

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In each case the safest option is to not say anything.
Ford has smart enough people to figure out how to craft a message and create some good will without tanking their stock. Brand image is significantly valuable in this economy. 90K ADM on Ford Lightning and 2 year delays on the Bronco say volumes to the public. Ford keeps stepping on their own toes and the dealers are there to help them. Short term gain in keeping tight lipped is long term pain for Ford overall. A carefully crafted letter to each order holder would go a long way. You cannot tell me that people with Broncos with VINs and build dates receiving "your truck may not be built" delay letters while other order holders get crickets is some master plan by Ford to keep within legal compliance and stockholder graces.

Ford's communication piece from order updates, factory production pictures arriving after Broncos are in the driveway, to losing orders for months is baffling to me. All of this and more is well documented on this website.

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford has smart enough people to figure out how to craft a message and create some good will without tanking their stock. Brand image is significantly valuable in this economy. 90K ADM on Ford Lightning and 2 year delays on the Bronco say volumes to the public. Ford keeps stepping on their own toes and the dealers are there to help them. Short term gain in keeping tight lipped is long term pain for Ford overall. A carefully crafted letter to each order holder would go a long way. You cannot tell me that people with Broncos with VINs and build dates receiving "your truck may not be built" delay letters while other order holders get crickets is some master plan by Ford to keep within legal compliance and stockholder graces.

Ford's communication piece from order updates, factory production pictures arriving after Broncos are in the driveway, to losing orders for months is baffling to me. All of this and more is well documented on this website.
You are partially correct. They have people who are smart enough not to craft a letter. If you read the corporate speak in the emails that you have received you can see they are extremely carefully worded. Extremely.

From a corporate standpoint they are selling every single Bronco they ship so at no point do they feel they are ā€œlosing ordersā€. Losing customers? Thatā€™s another thing.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Did you check with your dealer or Ford to confirm they have the correct email address?
I did and they do have my email address.

No email since the day i ordered and the link in that email to follow my order is a dead link.

The dealer can view the status in their system and has sent me screen shots.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where are you getting this $4,000 more from?
Price increase for Job 2 (mid year price increase) was $2000 on a 2-door Badlands ($1750 on a 4-door).

Price increase on my 2-Door base was $1500, then another $500.

So, $2k plus whatever the MY23 price increase is. And yes, we don't know what it's going to be yet. But everyone expects it to be in the $2000 range.

Sponsored

Carlstege

Base
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda CX-5
Your Bronco Model
Base
Does anyone just not get emails from Ford? I had received the first email that I had an order placed and it showed me the little mockup image of the build. But nothing since? The order is not linked to my account online? I can ask ford chat and they can search it for me using my order number and dealer number but other than that nothing? I feel like I should be getting them because even my salesman on occasion has been like oh yeah you got that email right? And Iā€™m like what email? Thatā€™s why Iā€™m bugging my dealer all the time for information. I was a walk in order in early January of this year.
Iā€™m the same as you initially ford gave me an email but nothing since I called Ford and they said that I have an order but wonā€™t be linked to the website because I donā€™t have a vin yet, also nothing from my dealer.

jleafgre

Big Bend
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
When you order or put your conversion order in should have no bearing on where you are on the list, as long as you convert within the allowed time frame. It should all be based on your rez date.

If you have the Tow Package, then personally I'd recommend removing that if you don't absolutely need it. That is one of the biggest delays right now from what I understand. Also it could depend on what dealer you are with and how their allocation is set. I was at a decent sized dealer who had a nice allocation count. The other big item for me was my dealer moving me up the priority list as well. The dealers can set a higher priority on your build, that can help bump you up. I believe that the highest they can go is to a 10 or an 11. I was at a 19, but they bumped me up to an 11 when I removed the Tow Package. Dealer then told me that based on their allocation numbers, he'd expect me to get a build date within 4-6 weeks of that day...it happened in the 5th week actually...so my dealer was spot on with their estimate. I got my VIN and build date last Friday btw.

Also, the day I talked to my dealer and removed my Tow Package, that was the biggest thing holding my build up according to the Sales Manager (whom I talked to). He said in reviewing my build, that the TP was the biggest hang-up and that if I removed it and he moved my priority up, that should get me picked up quickly at this point.
Smaller dealer that has received 20+ more orders than they were allocated this year so I am fairly confident I will be early next year. Will remove the upgraded axle because I donā€™t need it and aftermarket tow will also suffice. That would leave me with 2.7 and hardtop, neither should be a major factor.

Oldhippie

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X1, ā€˜1928 model A, ā€œ23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I have never gotten an email from ford...Just got back from the dealer and they show a new ā€˜23 Order with 99 status we could not open/look at...

Broncogirl66

Badlands
First Name
Gia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23" manual 2dr SAS, HPR 2" lift BDS suspenion
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just got off the CS line, they mentioned the email and I said I didn't get it, she looked and I was marked as opting out for marketing emails. That may be why some people are getting the emails and others are not. I don't ever remember opting out but I'm hitting 700 days on Saturday so it's possible I opted out at the beginning of the process.

She said that while I'm still unscheduled clean, they are balancing in the next few days. Second time for a lot of us, hope it's the last.
Oh if I have to convert a 3rd time I may be done. No i will take mine but will look on lots for a BB to hold me over. Already had to extend my lease.
Is there a way to get back on the email list? I was getting alot of info until I converted over the last time. Now my order shows canceled on my Ford app. Its not I called Ford lol.

osoblanco

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh if I have to convert a 3rd time I may be done. No i will take mine but will look on lots for a BB to hold me over. Already had to extend my lease.
Is there a way to get back on the email list? I was getting alot of info until I converted over the last time. Now my order shows canceled on my Ford app. Its not I called Ford lol.
When I told the rep at the MPH (800-334-4375) that I didn't get the email about getting bumped, she checked and saw that I had opted out. I asked her to opt me back in, and the next day I got a email asking me to confirm I wanted to receive emails.

I hadn't gotten many emails, doesn't make sense to me that emails about my order would be considered marketing emails but a lot of things that Ford has done over the last two years don't make sense to me. And I won't be converting a third time. When I update my order next week I'll ask again how many orders are in front of mine, I'll see what they say.
Sponsored