Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Windows coming down a little is due to the door being frameless. My 4 Series does this and many cars have for well over a decade.

Guys are starting to create hater threads...... Working for the enemy, yeah?

OP
OP

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Windows coming down a little is due to the door being frameless. My 4 Series does this and many cars have for well over a decade.

Guys are starting to create hater threads...... Working for the enemy, yeah?
You clearly didn’t read the posts. I myself, the OP, have had and currently have a vehicle with frameless windows. I had heard descriptions of the Bronco’s mechanism, but not seen it, that implied it didn’t work as well as my prior experience. A video in the thread appears to at least partially support the criticism (though this could be due to it being preproduction?)

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You clearly didn’t read the posts. I myself, the OP, have had and currently have a vehicle with frameless windows. I had heard descriptions of the Bronco’s mechanism, but not seen it, that implied it didn’t work as well as my prior experience. A video in the thread appears to at least partially support the criticism (though this could be due to it being preproduction?)
I find it slightly funny you’ve had to explain this multiple times in this thread lol. Might be worth editing your original post as it seems that’s the only post people are reading :)

wilbersk

Raptor
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
A video in the thread appears to at least partially support the criticism (though this could be due to it being preproduction?)
Can someone who’s received their Bronco test this?

Sponsored

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looks to work fine; I read the post.

Is it as smooth and seamless as my BMW? Hell no, but wouldn’t expect it to in a Ford off roader

Yes, I believe that is pre-production and it appears the roof and/or door weren’t reconnected properly which would explain what is in that video. Think it was discussed weeks ago when it first appeared.

If these tops don’t leak much in a vehicle like this, consider it a win.

Dirt Monkey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands, 2017 Volvo XC90
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here’s a link to the video in question:

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Drove one this past Thursday. If you are trying to bust out the door fast, you'll feel the resistance as the window hasn't had time to roll down out of the weather stripping yet. If ya take a normal pace getting out, it'll give the window time and ya won't feel a thing.

88to21bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Drove one this past Thursday. If you are trying to bust out the door fast, you'll feel the resistance as the window hasn't had time to roll down out of the weather stripping yet. If ya take a normal pace getting out, it'll give the window time and ya won't feel a thing.
This. It works fine, but does hang a tad if you're in a hurry. A non-issue IMO

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

It also does look like its a little slow to react when opening, window got slightly caught on seal and wobbled
Don't worry about it being slow to react, it's there for two main reasons: to not pinch the seal when closing and to alleviate air pressure when closing the door. Just about every convertible operates the exact same way, including the Mustang.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With all the tech now a days, it would be nice if this is something that could be adjusted in the future on an OTA update. But my understanding these updates are just for the Sync system, not the rest of the vehicle, correct?

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@NotApplicable - Not sure if you saw this in another thread, but it shows a pretty good clip of all the windows being lowered (38 seconds in).

Dillhole

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Jeep Wrangler 2dr
Your Bronco Model
Base
What about in the winter when the windows are completely iced up? Very common up here in the north to be completely unable to open the windows for days or weeks at a time.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe invest in some of that spray de-icer.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What about in the winter when the windows are completely iced up? Very common up here in the north to be completely unable to open the windows for days or weeks at a time.
I’ve run into that with my Audi in the past (same style of windows). The doors will still open, however you do risk damaging the weatherstripping I suppose (over time). Or you could remote start the vehicle if it’s that cold.
Sponsored