First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew Lariat 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Life is a bold statement for a manufacture to promise. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens with the app in three, four, maybe five years. I'm just stating my experience with other vehicles that have apps.

I've seen it happen before on other vehicles.
Yes I agree it is. Like they say nothing is guaranteed for life except death and taxes. :)

Just like Ford gave it to us for free they can take it away but it would be a real crappy move. For now I'll just enjoy it for free for as long as It's available. Then I'll buy an aftermarket if needed.
Sponsored

jasminekd

Big Bend
First Name
Jasmine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Hi sorry to be annoying but what pdf is this?

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Doubt it. Originally when the Ranger came out it was only going to be free for 2 years then after 6 or 7 months they changed it and it's now free for life.
Either stopping their servers or not updating the apps to be compatible with newer versions of Android/iOS.

*Eventually* 4G will be shut down and they won't work. Last week Verizon was supposed to shut down their 2G/3G service which means early connectivity systems (2013-era) are now useless.

I just had to upgrade the homebrew remote start in my Flex to 4G capability. Looked into the FordConnect modem from an F150 but it probably wouldn't have worked.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Not on the base model you have to use the app. Funny because I've never had any issues with my app (IOS) where I've seen so many complain about theirs.
I have a hell of a time with the app on my android. At times it won't open until after the wife is ready to go, and y'all know how long it takes a good woman to get ready. :)

Sponsored

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a hell of a time with the app on my android. At times it won't open until after the wife is ready to go, and y'all know how long it takes a good woman to get ready. :)
Oh how I know! ? I've never had any trouble with my iPhone app so it might be time for a change.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP
nminus1

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
I forgot about the mood lighting. I think you can add that for about $20
I hope the seats are a little longer also. I’ve noticed that in the various Ford Ford Edge vehicles my relatives have had. They are way too short for anyone taller than like 5’2” and it puts a wierd pressure point in the middle of your upper leg that is uncomfortable. I’m actually kind of worried about how the seats are going to be. I didn’t think they were too bad in the ranger I test drove a year ago. Cars these days just have crappy seats. My JL seats seem a couple inches shorter than the JK, F150 seats start developing holes in the material after about 20,000 miles, and 2020 chevy pickup seats are as hard as rocks. Another reason to buy a base I guess, just in case you have to pay an upholstery place a couple grand to make the seats livable.
Yep the seats in my Chevy are sooooo comfortable. At 280k I replaced the bottom cushion on the drivers seat for $150 labor included at an upholstery shop good as new for another 200k. Did a 3300 mile trip this summer from California thru Nevada, Idaho, Montana, Idaho, Utah Nevada and home my ass never hurt. I can only hope the Bronco seats are as good as in my 2003 Chevy

Sponsored
OP
OP
nminus1

nminus1

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Duramax, Trailblazer, and Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Where do I see this said pdf :(
Here ya go! 2 for 1
I think if the Bronco wasn't so far away from actually being delivered we wouldn't have so much time to bitch and complain and ask questions which would be just fine with me. Hire more people FORD lets get this thing done!! TAKE MY MONEY!!

Attachments

Last edited:

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I wasn't trying to at all? :)I was just quoting the other post when they asked if it was part of the SAS package. The post before that one with the picture is where it said available on all models.
That sure escalated quickly. You're one of the more laid-back guys here and still managed to get someone going.

AzScorpion

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That sure escalated quickly. You're one of the more laid-back guys here and still managed to get someone going.
Yeah it threw mw for a loop, I was only trying to point out to someone else (not PSUTE) that It says available not included in all models. I guess he read it wrong? ?‍♂ I'm guilty of it at times especially from text messages. It's easy to misinterpret what someone writes as to what they really mean.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The app is a PITA. It's a hassel to open it and have it do what you want. remote start via the fob is instant and right there in your hand. plus isn't it included in a package with a few other goodies?
I can assure you from past experience on my 2015 Fusion that the Ford app is lightyears better than several other manuf - including 2018 and newer BMW, Mercedes and Porsche which I have experienced first hand as well. MyFord mobile has been nearly bulletproof. In the winter or hot summer days I remote start from 2 train stations away and my car is perfectly climatized. The other apps are ASSININE - you have to leave the HVAC controls at the desired temp for them to work...but if it's September let's say and at 6am the temp is in the 40's and brisk but later in the afternoon it hits 80s and you don't know this - your car will be on heat AND it will already be 90+ degrees inside. I'm very happy with the Ford remote start system and app and looking forward to it in my Bronco.
Sponsored