First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think sometimes people forget that there are most states that get near zero or below in winter time lol
Forget? There are many that don't have a clue to begin with. I'm always ready for the next season.
Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

He's not on his own. When you live in a climate where morning temps are near zero most mornings, sometimes less, and the car is iced up often to the point that the doors are stuck, I'm betting that you will change your tune. Add an infant or an elderly parent to the mix, and now you're not only extending the life of your engine due to a proper warmup, you're also keeping people safe.
You could also consider using an Engine Block Heater or building a Garage when you're dealing with that much cold and snow induced sniveling.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You could also consider using an Engine Block Heater or building a Garage when you're dealing with that much cold and snow induced sniveling.
Ha, the block heater works at home (Until the extension cord gets swallowed up by the snow blower) but that only reduces the warmup time. There are many solutions, but the remote start is practical. We don't just deal with these issues at home, and my garages are filled with motorsports and collector vehicles. I'm happy the way it is.

Last edited:

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's my get off my lawn rant: Why would Ford offer remote start on anything since they think Auto Start Stop will save a significant amount of fuel in a few seconds when with remote start the vehicle is getting 0 mpg for several minutes?
Because the remote start doesn't go against emissions standards.

Sponsored

ATHIKER

Base
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Base
Just out of curiosity, what do you think the car is going to do while it idles? I warm my Bronco up all the time in the mornings while doing my final prep to leave. Much nicer getting into a warm car than a freezing one. Is security your concern? You can lock the car after starting it if so.
Heated garages are a bit easier on the vehicle than having it sit outside in winter weather.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Heated garages are a bit easier on the vehicle than having it sit outside in winter weather.
Had issues when I kept the work car in the garage during winter. The constant freeze and thaw of the crap they put on the roads stuck under the car is not good for the vehicle. Had less issues sitting outside other than having to clean it off from time to time.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I love all of the 17 MPG Bronco owners talking about how bad remote starts are for the environment. I'm beginning to run out of popcorn.
Sponsored