Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You know, you can also set the Ford Pass Ap remote start on a schedule. Sayyyyyy, 15 minutes before you leave every morning.
You're assuming that I leave every morning. I'm retired and generally run at my own schedule. But that's still something worth knowing, so thanks.
Sponsored

BroncocnorB

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Cobra,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You know, you can also set the Ford Pass Ap remote start on a schedule. Sayyyyyy, 15 minutes before you leave every morning.
Ford pass is awesome. Also you can start your car from 1000 miles away if you want. Not that you would need to…

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford pass is awesome. Also you can start your car from 1000 miles away if you want. Not that you would need to…
Yup. For fun, I started my Bronco that was in CA all the way from SC.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 EB , 67 Stang, 77 GMC Motorhome, A6 3.0T, W211
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I am in the Manual camp, I do not understand remote start. The idea of leaving a running car alone does not sit well with me. Yeah the thing can be 150 degrees in the shade some days but I still don't want to be running around my house getting ready to leave with a running car idling outside. Sorry, you are on your own OP.
He's not on his own. When you live in a climate where morning temps are near zero most mornings, sometimes less, and the car is iced up often to the point that the doors are stuck, I'm betting that you will change your tune. Add an infant or an elderly parent to the mix, and now you're not only extending the life of your engine due to a proper warmup, you're also keeping people safe.

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A minute of mild discomfort when setting out seems a tiny price to pay for piece of mind.
It takes 10-15 minutes for it to warm enough so the windows can be safely defrosted. Either way, it's sitting that long. The other option is guess where you're going until that point.

Sponsored

Little Foot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

As a long time driver who always chooses to have a manual transmission, I am sick and tired of being denied the forbidden fruit of a remote start.

Why do the automakers pretend that there is no way to tell if the transmission is in gear or if it is safely in neutral? What would be so difficult about a simple neutral safety switch? What is the reason that no manufacture will do this?

Fellow manual transmission drivers, the time has come for us to rise up. Grab your torches and pitchforks! We are few but we are strong! We will lay siege to their manufacturing plants and corporate headquarters, and we will not stop until the CEO's of every automaker answers for their crime of denying us the luxury of a remote start, as well us denying us the glory of a mid, high, or lux package!
My 1986 Oldsmobile Firenza was manual and I had an aftermarket remote start. If it was in gear, it wouldn't work, but if I have it in neutral, just press the button 😁

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Here's my get off my lawn rant: Why would Ford offer remote start on anything since they think Auto Start Stop will save a significant amount of fuel in a few seconds when with remote start the vehicle is getting 0 mpg for several minutes?

BoomBoy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350, 2016 Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Forget remote start. Just let us add mid package on BD or below.

ex_nyer

Badlands
First Name
Chokes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Land Cruiser, Outback
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a long time driver who always chooses to have a manual transmission, I am sick and tired of being denied the forbidden fruit of a remote start.

Why do the automakers pretend that there is no way to tell if the transmission is in gear or if it is safely in neutral? What would be so difficult about a simple neutral safety switch? What is the reason that no manufacture will do this?

Fellow manual transmission drivers, the time has come for us to rise up. Grab your torches and pitchforks! We are few but we are strong! We will lay siege to their manufacturing plants and corporate headquarters, and we will not stop until the CEO's of every automaker answers for their crime of denying us the luxury of a remote start, as well us denying us the glory of a mid, high, or lux package!
Small price to pay for the pleasure of Driving my manual Bronco!

Djstang2011

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Here's my get off my lawn rant: Why would Ford offer remote start on anything since they think Auto Start Stop will save a significant amount of fuel in a few seconds when with remote start the vehicle is getting 0 mpg for several minutes?
I think A.S.S. is more about theoretical emissions reductions than fuel savings.

Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
While I am in the Manual camp, I do not understand remote start. The idea of leaving a running car alone does not sit well with me. Yeah the thing can be 150 degrees in the shade some days but I still don't want to be running around my house getting ready to leave with a running car idling outside. Sorry, you are on your own OP.
I could see not using it in a warmer region, but when its -10 outside sure is nice getting into warm car.

LowerSlowerDelaware

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Outback, Chevy S10 Ram 3500
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This is why you have kids. Send them out to warm up & clean off the Bronco while your enjoying another cup of coffee.

If they whine and cry, just tell them that little bitches don't get to drive the Bronco when they're 16

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He's not on his own. When you live in a climate where morning temps are near zero most mornings, sometimes less, and the car is iced up often to the point that the doors are stuck, I'm betting that you will change your tune. Add an infant or an elderly parent to the mix, and now you're not only extending the life of your engine due to a proper warmup, you're also keeping people safe.
There is no chance under the sun that I will EVER live in some place that cold. I can't help you for choosing to live in a frozen wasteland.

Hkak45

Black Diamond
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

It takes 10-15 minutes for it to warm enough so the windows can be safely defrosted. Either way, it's sitting that long. The other option is guess where you're going until that point.
I think sometimes people forget that there are most states that get near zero or below in winter time lol

Brianstrange

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There is no chance under the sun that I will EVER live in some place that cold. I can't help you for choosing to live in a frozen wasteland.
I don't blame you. Skiing, Snowmobiling, Hunting, Fishing, Waterskiing, Boating, coastal beaches, mountains, ATV\SXS, deep rooted American History, Walking the paths of the Revolutionary War, Experiencing competition in a top professional and college sports market....... It's just such a wasteland~ If you're ever lost up here, I'll provide you with a cozy blanket.
Sponsored