NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Remote start is super handy because it lets you detonate your 2.7 grenade from a safe distance.

JK, but I love remote start. I use it daily in winter. I don’t get all the spicy haters— just don’t use it (if you have it and hate it). If you have convinced yourself you need a manual, you should pretty much have accepted you won’t get some features including remote start from _any_ manufacturer.
Sponsored

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just out of curiosity, what do you think the car is going to do while it idles? I warm my Bronco up all the time in the mornings while doing my final prep to leave. Much nicer getting into a warm car than a freezing one. Is security your concern? You can lock the car after starting it if so.
I try not to give it much thought, it just makes me uncomfortable knowing that there is an unattended automobile just burning gas sitting out in the parking lot/driveway/garage. A minute of mild discomfort when setting out seems a tiny price to pay for piece of mind. I got gloves and coats for the cold, tinted windows and a sunscreen for the steering wheel and shifter to keep the sun off. It has worked for 34 years and I suspect it will continue to work in the future.

I don't expect anyone to stop taking advantage of the feature just because I find it unnecessary, just don't ask me to help push for the feature when I don't intend to use it. Fair enough?

Docindahouze

Base
First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: 2016 Ford F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Fellow manual transmission drivers, the time has come for us to rise up. Grab your torches and pitchforks! We are few but we are strong! We will lay siege to their manufacturing plants and corporate headquarters, and we will not stop until the CEO's of every automaker answers for their crime of denying us the luxury of a remote start, as well us denying us the glory of a mid, high, or lux package!
You few will fight bravely but die quickly. 😂

Last edited:

TXRancher

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Am I nuts or did the thread title change?

Buck Your Bronco

Badlands
First Name
charley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
As a long time driver who always chooses to have a manual transmission, I am sick and tired of being denied the forbidden fruit of a remote start.

Why do the automakers pretend that there is no way to tell if the transmission is in gear or if it is safely in neutral? What would be so difficult about a simple neutral safety switch? What is the reason that no manufacture will do this?

Fellow manual transmission drivers, the time has come for us to rise up. Grab your torches and pitchforks! We are few but we are strong! We will lay siege to their manufacturing plants and corporate headquarters, and we will not stop until the CEO's of every automaker answers for their crime of denying us the luxury of a remote start, as well us denying us the glory of a mid, high, or lux package!
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/remote-start-manual-trans-using-forscan.35363/

Im over here trying to figure out how to do this…come join the fun so I’m not just having a conversation with myself 🤪 that never happens 🤣

it is most certainly possible, the proof is with the auto start. Keep your foot off the brake or clutch pedals and sure enough she will start. Truck knows it is in neutral, and ford is totally cool allowing this to happen at a stoplight without any feet on the pedals or steering wheel.

i found some leads tin forscan, need to give them a try, but will also need to track down a key fob with REmote Start button. Not sure about the FordPass app yet, but I have a suspension this is possible too!

and for those that don’t want it, ok good for you. For those that tell us we don’t need it, they clearly don’t have little kids or a lady friend they care about because it definitely makes a difference! RS is so much safer than going out and starting and leaving your key there

Sponsored

Dubsesd

Big Bend
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Ford F-150, 06 Roush Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Cue the story of the guy with remote start installed on his manual Mustang.
Takes it to dealer, dealer remote starts it, car ends up in pond across the street.
haha I remember that one

JeepersCreepers

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's just way too much liability. Not going to happen.

Like someone else said -- don't overthink it. If you want remote start, get the automatic.

grayshadow

Black Diamond
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I couldn’t care less about auto start.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I am in the Manual camp, I do not understand remote start. The idea of leaving a running car alone does not sit well with me. Yeah the thing can be 150 degrees in the shade some days but I still don't want to be running around my house getting ready to leave with a running car idling outside. Sorry, you are on your own OP.
What's your worry? Car starts up but stays locked.

Even if your top is off in the Bronco the car won't be able to be driven without the key fob

Sponsored

Ser Arthur Dayne

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You can definitely have a system added.

My Dad had two manual Dodge Ram 2500HD Cummins diesels with added remote start. There was even a "Cool Down" feature that let you let it sit for 15 minutes to cool off and the keyfob had a screen that displayed the status of the vehicle.

It was not prohibitively expensive neither.

Lazerus

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL. Land Rover Discovery Sport
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Sometimes it best to look at people's locations, to understand why they have the views that they do. It was -23 below when I got off work two days ago, and -20 the day before that, -11 below tonight, -19/-23 Monday/Tuesday. A lot of people think it's cold if it drops below freezing.
Just the opposite - but same - for me in the desert. 115 degree summer days sure makes having a pre-cooled car a joy to get into...

...and most will auto shut off after 10 min. So if you get held up it doesn't run forever. Mine, '20 JL, won't remote start if it's low on gas.
It's a fairly smart system.

Scott R Nelson

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Escape, 2-door Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Earlier in this thread I said that I had no use for remote start. And my Bronco didn't come with it on the key fob.

However, my salesman pushed me to get Ford Pass on my phone, which I did, and one of the features that app has is remote start as well as remote lock and unlock.

This morning when I went outside to get in my Bronco at about 6:30 am and 19 degrees, all of the windows were frosted over. I had to go find a scraper to clear the windshield. Remote start could have the windows reasonably clear within ten minutes if I can remember to remote start the thing that far ahead of heading out.

So maybe I'll use the feature after all.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Earlier in this thread I said that I had no use for remote start. And my Bronco didn't come with it on the key fob.

However, my salesman pushed me to get Ford Pass on my phone, which I did, and one of the features that app has is remote start as well as remote lock and unlock.

This morning when I went outside to get in my Bronco at about 6:30 am and 19 degrees, all of the windows were frosted over. I had to go find a scraper to clear the windshield. Remote start could have the windows reasonably clear within ten minutes if I can remember to remote start the thing that far ahead of heading out.

So maybe I'll use the feature after all.
You know, you can also set the Ford Pass Ap remote start on a schedule. Sayyyyyy, 15 minutes before you leave every morning.
Sponsored