Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
where are you in the US? I will come over

:)

BTW .. I ran aftermarket bumpers on my GEN1 and GEN2 raptor so I know how these bumpers work ... :)

Ford Bronco Front and rear bumper vertical alignment 1627574260688

You're magical! I will gladly find someone to pay to do this for me!
Ford Bronco Front and rear bumper vertical alignment 1627574120996
Sponsored

OP
OP

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great! This friggin truck is going to drive my OCD absolutely CRAZY when I get it in the next year or three! 🤯
Haha, I was going to post this too. It drives me nuts on dual exhaust vehicles when one side isn’t perfectly symmetrical to the other… Now I potentially have to worry about my bumper (whenever my Bronco should arrive).

Ahhhhhhhhhh!

Sponsored
OP
OP

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
For those in the know: how difficult is it to adjust the vertical placement of the bumpers on one or both sides?

I’ve noticed on my FE (and many other Broncos, particularly with the HD bumpers, via photos on this forum and Instagram) that one side of the bumper sits slightlyyyyyyyyyyyy higher than the other relative to the body. We’re talking .5-1cm difference between the 2.

Is this an easy adjustment to have made?
Does your bf like your bronco? What is his opinion of it?

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford Bronco Front and rear bumper vertical alignment 1627574499141

Here is my front bumper, for example. You can see that the right (driver's) side sits slightly lower than the left. Hoping it's an easy adjustment! My rear bumper has the same issue.

Like I said, I've noticed the same to varying degrees in MANY Instagram and forum owners' posts, particularly with the HD bumpers. Don't hold me responsible if you go inspect yours and find similar when maybe you hadn't noticed it before now ;)!
Oh great. As if I needed something else. Mine is the same way.

OP
OP

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Does your bf like your bronco? What is his opinion of it?
How do you know we're not married?! JK, we're not. He likes it, but is not as into vehicles as I am. Definitely thinks it's much more attractive than the JLU we used to have, and rides better as well.

Oh great. As if I needed something else. Mine is the same way.
Out of curiosity, what about the rear bumper? Luckily, these appear to be (somewhat) easily adjustable based on the responses in this thread.

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is so helpful, thank you!
It looks like those 6 just keep a friction fit against the front horns and may or may not have much adjustment. There is a good chance of it moving some after driving, especially on rough roads/off road. Fair warning.

The off-roadeo folks said the openings on the outer edges can be used as a jacking location for a Hi-Lift. Bet your arse that'll tweak it good, especially after the first time it slips off. 😮

Last edited:

Sponsored

Mattbar1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Truck
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

How do you know we're not married?! JK, we're not. He likes it, but is not as into vehicles as I am. Definitely thinks it's much more attractive than the JLU we used to have, and rides better as well.

Out of curiosity, what about the rear bumper? Luckily, these appear to be (somewhat) easily adjustable based on the responses in this thread.
I measured the front and eyeballed the back. The back looks a bit off too.

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is it really _more_ likely that the body is cockeyed relative to the frame than the bumper itself being misaligned/needing adjustment? I suppose there are probably locations (the body mounts themselves maybe?) that I could measure to determine if this is the case. If it is, is this normal/worrisome? I've never had, or at least noticed, a similar situation with my recent BoF vehicles...

It's hard to tell in this photo, but I've noticed that the bumper is similarly misaligned relative to the active shutters and the intercooler or radiator gills or whatever is right there near the ACC sensor, not sure if those would be expected to be aligned with the body or frame, but if what you said is true I guess they'd be in alignment with the body rather than the frame?
Is the back off the same side as the front. I notice in the picture, the bottom of the bumper appears to be straight with bottom of picture. The blinker on the headlights appears to be slightly off from the top of the picture. It just might be a body issue.

OP
OP

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Is the back off the same side as the front. I notice in the picture, the bottom of the bumper appears to be straight with bottom of picture. The blinker on the headlights appears to be slightly off from the top of the picture. It just might be a body issue.
Whether the bumper or the body is aligned with the bottom of the picture itself just has to do with which one I aligned with my camera when I took the photo; I could have easily had the camera tilted a degree or 2 differently and the edge of the photo would align with the body and not the bumper... and to be clear, I'm not expecting _either_ to be perfectly level with the ground given that the ground may be slanted, suspension is soft, and components on one side of the vehicle weight a different amount than components on the either side.

My point is, the bumper being misaligned relative to the frame or the frame being misaligned relative to the body would appear the exact same in this photo; I think I'll have to measure the frame distance to the body at the mounting points on both sides of the vehicle to make that determination...

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whether the bumper or the body is aligned with the bottom of the picture itself just has to do with which one I aligned with my camera when I took the photo; I could have easily had the camera tilted a degree or 2 differently and the edge of the photo would align with the body and not the bumper... and to be clear, I'm not expecting _either_ to be perfectly level with the ground given that the ground may be slanted, suspension is soft, and components on one side of the vehicle weight a different amount than components on the either side.

My point is, the bumper being misaligned relative to the frame or the frame being misaligned relative to the body would appear the exact same in this photo; I think I'll have to measure the frame distance to the body at the mounting points on both sides of the vehicle to make that determination...
Jump it on some whoops and see if that fixes it. Just don't wax it 🤣

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs