Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Almost every CV separation reported here has been from removing the axle from the hub. People continue to say that's the correct way to do it since that's the way Ford specifies, but almost every separation has come from that process. I've pulled coilovers on different Broncos 4 times without removing the axle from the hub and you would almost have to purposefully move the hub to an extreme angle to separate the CV. I think I'll keep doing it my way.
Sponsored

OP
OP
P@pper B@ggins

P@pper B@ggins

Black Diamond
First Name
Arnaldo
Threads
Reaction score
East Hartford, Hartford, Connecticut, USA
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco/ 1998 Honda C-RV
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Almost every CV separation reported here has been from removing the axle from the hub. People continue to say that's the correct way to do it since that's the way Ford specifies, but almost every separation has come from that process. I've pulled coilovers on different Broncos 4 times without removing the axle from the hub and you would almost have to purposefully move the hub to an extreme angle to separate the CV. I think I'll keep doing it my way.

Happened to me

OP
OP
P@pper B@ggins

P@pper B@ggins

Black Diamond
First Name
Arnaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

How would you recommend? Dropping LCA’s?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

How would you recommend? Dropping LCA’s?

Yes. There is a good video around from a couple years ago easily showing how to do it I think from Stage 3 Motorsports.

Sponsored
OP
OP
P@pper B@ggins

P@pper B@ggins

Black Diamond
First Name
Arnaldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Yes. There is a good video around from a couple years ago easily showing how to do it I think from Stage 3 Motorsports.
I was getting frustrated not being able to line things up while doing my lift and UCAS and I tried budging/ loosing the lcas…. Needless to say mine were on there so tight I thought they might as well have been welded on.

Only the drivers side game issues

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I was getting frustrated not being able to line things up while doing my lift and UCAS and I tried budging/ loosing the lcas…. Needless to say mine were on there so tight I thought they might as well have been welded on.

1/2" M18 Fuel Impact is almost required to work on these broncos.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Working on the garage floor with no impact, use your feet and legs. Or better yet have a 3 foot breaker bar.