Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

RIP TTB...not something any sane person ever wants to see produced again! Of course if u remember those years ALL the trucks were ttb. Then Ford went IFS on f150 and SFA on super duty. That strategy i think worked well! Would be cool if in a couple model years we had an IFS light duty, and a SFA super duty Bronco/Ranger platform! Only not complete different bodystyles...same truck different suspension! Makes so much sense that there's no way Ford will ever do it tho!
Call me insane, owned 5 TTB's, liked them, never had trouble, but know folks who did. And I understand why it is not considered a viable modern system.
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ya believe it or not that's the 1st thing I thought of...not street legal in all states tho, at least that's what they tell me. My state is not one that has a problem w/it I think it is TN that does? Anyway that's the way off the reservation option for me. Crazy as it sounds I think U COULD slave a hydraulic steering setup to the original electric rack...now that's crazy talk! But it would solve all my CAN issues neat and clean!

Sorry I edited my post HAHAHA. Yes not legal but, look at PSC website they already do a Hydro assist for electric stuff and hydro conversions from electric, that are / would be. Have installed these on Jeeps already, less than 200 miles on them.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Call me insane, owned 5 TTB's, liked them, never had trouble, but know folks who did. And I understand why it is not considered a viable modern system.
U put TTB under your 2021 Bronco and I will get a tattoo that says "I ❤ IFS"...deal? Your not insane...my Bronco still has TTB. It sure does flex! I get tired of the jeep guys telling me my balljoints are bad when they are tight as new!

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

U put TTB under your 2021 Bronco and I will get a tattoo that says "I ❤ IFS"...deal? Your not insane...my Bronco still has TTB. It sure does flex! I get tired of the jeep guys telling me my balljoints are bad when they are tight as new!
Unlifted TTB didn't have great compression, but would sure droop, and the only balljoints I've had to replace were on my LJ Rubicon!

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unlifted TTB didn't have great compression, but would sure droop, and the only balljoints I've had to replace were on my LJ Rubicon!
No...they say that cause they see my wheels camber in when I go over a bump...w/the amount of lift and tire size its really exaggerated. There's a whole generation out there that grew up in the post TTB era that think its the weirdest thing they ever saw

Sponsored

IfIHMadeA2021Scout

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-250 Tremor, IH Scout 80
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
No...they say that cause they see my wheels camber in when I go over a bump...w/the amount of lift and tire size its really exaggerated. There's a whole generation out there that grew up in the post TTB era that think its the weirdest thing they ever saw
We have a 91 F-250 we bought for heavy work duty and a teenager. When we bought it we planned on swapping the TTB for a Dana 60. After wheeling it, we left it alone. Yes, all the kids think its just wild. the TTB is just strange, especially when its on leaves.

We narrowed the 60 and put it in a Scout.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We have a 91 F-250 we bought for heavy work duty and a teenager. When we bought it we planned on swapping the TTB for a Dana 60. After wheeling it, we left it alone. Yes, all the kids think its just wild. the TTB is just strange, especially when its on leaves.

We narrowed the 60 and put it in a Scout.
I was working in the dealership back then and I remember Fords explanation for leaf spring on f250...2 words...plow truck. That was the whole reason 3/4 ton got leafs. At least thats what the Ford training center told us. Reason I remember that so well is our boss bought a beat up 150 and had us put a plow on it...only to continously complain about the frt end.

BigMeatsBronco

First Edition
First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 FE 2 door
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

01tundra

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Toyota Tacoma / 2021 Nissan Titan XD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ya believe it or not that's the 1st thing I thought of...not street legal in all states tho, at least that's what they tell me. My state is not one that has a problem w/it I think it is TN that does? Anyway that's the way off the reservation option for me. Crazy as it sounds I think U COULD slave a hydraulic steering setup to the original electric rack...now that's crazy talk! But it would solve all my CAN issues neat and clean!
I ran hydro assist on my Tundra for over 10 years all over the country and never had a single issue. I know some who have ran full hydro, but there's too many drawbacks for a daily driver IMO, no way I'd do that for a rig that's going to be driven on the road and there are definitely states that will not allow it.

And there was no SAS "kit" for it, I fabricated it all myself and figured out all of the computer stuff along the way. My truck would roll down the interstate at 75 MPH on cruise control with one finger on the steering wheel, so anybody saying that SAS will handle terrible didn't have a properly set up rig IMO.

As to "why".....I got really tired of having to replace CV joints and pinions after very mild trail rides, all that BS ended when I put a kingpin D60 under the front end.

Now will I sas our new Bronco? Nope! We don't plan to take it near the places we took the Tundra. But some people will for sure.....not everyone wants to drive a Jeep, and yes I've had five of those as well.

Here's were I put the IFS from my Tundra after 26k miles - in a hot, smoldering pile where it belonged for my intended use.

vwFuWL1.jpg