First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Roger that. I’ve been smashing my head on the wall trying to figure this out. Read some people where flipping the brackets too. 🤔.
1 last question, Did you tap the drilled holes or made the space for the U-Nut?
This is what I did. Like others just moved the running boards back, and out a little. Not to hard.
Sponsored

tbohland

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I drilled a new hole in each of the three brackets on each side. I was able to reuse three of the existing clips on each running board.

KANE COUNTY ILLINOIS

Big Bend
First Name
SAL
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC YUKON
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This is what I did. Like others just moved the running boards back, and out a little. Not to hard.
Great video! I drilled 9mm holes and inserted rivet nuts to reposition my side steps. Unfortunately, I had to move them back 2-plus inches due to clear the rectangular slots. I also wanted to move them out, but I didn't! Its a joke that Ford didn't realize that the side steps were too much under the body, which only allows only your heel, and barely, when exiting the Bronco!

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

One would think, the engineers at Ford would have figured this out. 🤦‍♂️

Sponsored

RichMartMD

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Outer Banks 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I have to say, I'm not hating it without the side steps.

I removed the side steps to have the installers put the mudflaps on. I will work on putting them back on....eventually...

Ford Bronco Front Splash Guards/Mud Flap will NOT fit with Running Board BroncoOBX.JPG

Irishman

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have to say, I'm not hating it without the side steps.

I removed the side steps to have the installers put the mudflaps on. I will work on putting them back on....eventually...

Ford Bronco Front Splash Guards/Mud Flap will NOT fit with Running Board BroncoOBX.JPG
FYI I discovered WeatherTech has mudflaps that supposedly work on Broncos with SAS and Tube steps. I order a set yesterday hopefully they will work. Also hoping my 2022 Wildtrak gets delivered next week... Fingers crossed...

WeatherTech Mudflaps

RichMartMD

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

FYI I discovered WeatherTech has mudflaps that supposedly work on Broncos with SAS and Tube steps. I order a set yesterday hopefully they will work. Also hoping my 2022 Wildtrak gets delivered next week... Fingers crossed...

WeatherTech Mudflaps
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...aps-coming-soon-on-website.36761/post-1287932

A few pictures I've seen around.

They seem to do the trick; some were saying they wished the triangular gap was not there, but you can't make everyone happy...

Irishman

Wildtrak
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak

Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
Cat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MB500SL, HD Road King Custom
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Bumping hoping someone found a cheap solution for those with running boards or sliders
Weathertech...they fit and were designed for rails and tube steps. There is a good Weathertech thread on here.

Don't be swayed by the innovative design....they look alot better in person, well engineered, no drilling, and are only $80 for fronts and rears.

I love mine.

Last edited:

Sponsored

RichMartMD

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Finally! OBX w/ Ford mudguards with OEM running boards.

Reading in the threads, I was able to figure out the ol' switcharoo, move the brackets around, and drill some holes. (FYI, step drill bits are crazy useful for this project IMO.)

I feel much better using the original u-nuts in the running board instead of tapping threads into the aluminum boards, very thin metal in reality.

I don't know that I would recommend doing this w/ Sasq pkg, simply b/c of the distance in the rear that is left between the board and tire.

First slight mod and I'm very happy with it.

Thanks for reading!

-Rich

Ford Bronco Front Splash Guards/Mud Flap will NOT fit with Running Board Bronco1
Ford Bronco Front Splash Guards/Mud Flap will NOT fit with Running Board Bronco2

Ford Bronco Front Splash Guards/Mud Flap will NOT fit with Running Board Bronco3
Ford Bronco Front Splash Guards/Mud Flap will NOT fit with Running Board Bronco4

Bronco3.jpg

vwarner1411

Outer Banks
First Name
Valerie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2dr Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We added the oem mudflaps on my 23 2dr Outerbanks today. We swapped the running board/steps to the opposite side to have more space from the original holes/cuts. Instead of using the original mounting clip and bolt, we drilled 9mm holes and used M6 rivnuts, stainless M6 bolts, and washers. My boyfriend felt it would be easier than cutting the rectangles, while still retaining the 10mm socket. We also lined up with the weld line, to get the steps like 20mm further out, which feels more natural to me (and rock solid) and looks great!

OP
OP
Bdisco

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ford Bronco Front Splash Guards/Mud Flap will NOT fit with Running Board 1695083332531

Ford Bronco Front Splash Guards/Mud Flap will NOT fit with Running Board 1668345284167-jpe

Weathertechs seem to help. The Goodyears grab rocks and hold on to them until you reach highway speed and then fling them out. Cringe every time you hear them hopefully wack the underside of the running board.

Have had them on for about a year now. Seems to be doing their job. Hardly notice the weird cutouts on the front flaps at all now.
Sponsored