First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just came across this post. I’ve been experiencing this same “Thump” for the last few thousand miles. My dealer can’t duplicate it. So is the fix the drive shaft and reprogramming a module? Or just the drive shaft? Thanks!
Sponsored

NC_Pinz

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco OBX w/ Squatch, 1975 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Ran across this thread as well. I have single thump when taking off from a stop. Not all the time but most. This thread doesn't seem conclusive. I guess I need to pull the creeper out and do some investigating myself.

BroncoBenni

Wildtrak
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 escape Titanium and 2015 Cruze diesel
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just came across this post. I’ve been experiencing this same “Thump” for the last few thousand miles. My dealer can’t duplicate it. So is the fix the drive shaft and reprogramming a module? Or just the drive shaft? Thanks!
I would say reprogram as my thump went away when the reprogram was done while waiting for front shaft to come in

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Hello, Chad! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this concern. Thanks!

Sponsored

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ran across this thread as well. I have single thump when taking off from a stop. Not all the time but most. This thread doesn't seem conclusive. I guess I need to pull the creeper out and do some investigating myself.
my 22’ just started doing this last week once I crossed 10,000 miles. Subtle at times but you definitely notice it. I guess a trip to the dealer is in the cards

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just an update on mine. So far it seems mine has been solved. I took my bronco to the dealer for a second time for front pinion seal failure and also had them check out the thump feeling in case it was the cause of the premature failure. They tried the PCM update as mentioned a few pages ago on this post but said they could still feel it. However when they changed out the pinion seal this time around, they actually changed out the entire front diff and looks like new front shaft as well. So far so good! I’ll update otherwise.

unfortunate

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Just an update on mine. So far it seems mine has been solved. I took my bronco to the dealer for a second time for front pinion seal failure and also had them check out the thump feeling in case it was the cause of the premature failure. They tried the PCM update as mentioned a few pages ago on this post but said they could still feel it. However when they changed out the pinion seal this time around, they actually changed out the entire front diff and looks like new front shaft as well. So far so good! I’ll update otherwise.
hate to say it… I’m having the same issue again. I’ll call the dealer after the holidays and vacation.

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

3,700 miles here and mines been doing this for at least the last 1,000 miles. Haven’t brought it in yet, anyone else has resolutions?
Had the same thing along with the squeal in the left front tire area. Replaced front drive shaft, squeal gone!, did a good 130 plus mile road trip, and no delay from braking to taking off. Seems solid now and I hope it lasts!

Jacoozzie

Outer Banks
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So mine is currently sitting at the dealership waiting to be looked at. Without riding in yours there’s obviously no way to know if we have the same issue though. Mine happens at the same time, split second right before full stop, and also feel it “release” when I begin moving again. I also don’t have a single thump, it’s more like 2-4 little rumbles. Almost feels like something is loading up and then releasing. Service manager has ridden along and also driven it, just doesn’t have enough experience with the Bronco yet.
@Ford Motor Company
I have exactly what you described on my 22 outer banks. Dealer said they couldn't replicate the issue. Did you ever get it resolved?

Sponsored

CamptownBD

Badlands
First Name
Ike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Basquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Had the same thing along with the squeal in the left front tire area. Replaced front drive shaft, squeal gone!, did a good 130 plus mile road trip, and no delay from braking to taking off. Seems solid now and I hope it lasts!
Is this fix holding up or is this clunk just something we have to live with?

In other words, is replacing the drive shaft seemingly solving this or does it end up coming back again eventually once the new part wears a bit and really should be considered "normal?"

BroncoA512021

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Hello, Chad! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this concern. Thanks!
The dealers never seem to duplicate a customers issue!

Dude1967

Outer Banks
First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco 2 door Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Is this fix holding up or is this clunk just something we have to live with?

In other words, is replacing the drive shaft seemingly solving this or does it end up coming back again eventually once the new part wears a bit and really should be considered "normal?"
Well after a road trip there is no "CHIRPPING" but the thump is back from time to time. Wish Ford could build a product like the old days. Back to the basics works every time.

Last edited:

Mtomarob

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I have this thump noise coming from the rear when I let go of the brake just before acceleration. 2023 Outer Banks 4 door. Feel it 80% of the time. First thought is was the transmission trying to shift...
Sponsored