First Name
sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150 platinum, mazdaspeed miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I used a little prestone windshield deicer yesterday seemed to work well. Lightly sprayed along the bottom of the window. Neighbors challenger has the same drop down to open windows theirs was even worse than the bronco
Sponsored

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I live in the frozen north, my last 3 daily drivers were a Challenger, a Camaro and now a Mustang. Only on a couple occasions have they froze, ice will seal up anything, framed or not. Frozen gas fill doors are also an issue, it's part of life up here.

Screw framed doors, that's what Suburbans are for.
So thatā€™s you driving the rear wheel drive race car in the winter on shitty roads??šŸ˜†

We have those folks out here too. They end up blocking canyon roads in both directions so the rest of us piss our day waiting for the wrecker to pull them out. Despite traction rules, they find a way.

Youā€™re probably right on windows my friend, but you should stop daily driving 500HP sports car in the winter. Hopefully youā€™ll get your Bronco soonšŸ‘šŸ»

Edit: I might also add EBā€™s are framed doors. Which is what the 6G is designed after so it canā€™t be that crazy of an idea.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Think I must've missed something.
If the windows are completely frozen, then how did he get them to drop below the seal and open the door?
There's enough give in the works that you can get the door open, but it isn't pretty.

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just waiting for those ā€œwell ive had a frameless door in bmw for several yearsā€ guys to come in. Like the OP, I too have a f150 thats had the door latch issue on a few occasions even to where I can close the door let alone open it. Dont get my started on my sunroof issue. At this point, I can point all the fingers at Ford itself for their design.

i can picture it now, several broken windows on people after trying to force the door open or closed.

my wifeā€™s comment tonight ā€œits not like MI doesnt get cold weather. Just wait until one of the Ford Bronco engineers gets into his bronco and says WTF or oh sh** when he encounters the same issue.ā€

I kicked my jeep out of the garage when the wifeā€™s bronco arrived home.
I don't own a BMW, but I did own a Mustang w/ frameless windows that I drove 4 seasons and I live in Atlantic Canada (i.e. similar but colder weather to New England) and I never had an issue with the windows freezing up. Stored my snowbrush in the trunk, use the ice scraper on it to clear the bottom of the windows prior to trying to open them.

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't own a BMW, but I did own a Mustang w/ frameless windows that I drove 4 seasons and I live in Atlantic Canada (i.e. similar but colder weather to New England) and I never had an issue with the windows freezing up. Stored my snowbrush in the trunk, use the ice scraper on it to clear the bottom of the windows prior to trying to open them.
But if you owned an f150, you wouldnt want to store your scraper inside the cab or the bed knowing there is a chance you wont be able to open the damn thing. Ask me how I know. ā€˜17 f150 has been to the dealership 3x for this issue.

Sponsored

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But if you owned an f150, you wouldnt want to store your scraper inside the cab or the bed knowing there is a chance you wont be able to open the damn thing. Ask me how I know. ā€˜17 f150 has been to the dealership 3x for this issue.
If only the back of your truck had a place big enough to store a snowbrush? :p

2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ā€˜05 LJ & ā€˜17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If only the back of your truck had a place big enough to store a snowbrush? :p
Bakflip tonneau cover so bed is not exposed to the elements. Hence why I was annoyed I couldn't get stuff out of the truck bed when the latch froze.

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Washington State just got hit with a blast of real winter. For two days in a row now my windows have been frozen shut, even after idling for 15 minutes. They did thaw and start working after driving around on day 1. Jump to 08:58 for the goods.

I'm actually more shocked that you didn't start cursing the double honk. I bet your neighbors were.
A beauty thing with frameless windows is you can help shive them down with your hand when they're frozen šŸ‘

Alexis England

Black Diamond
First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford F350 dually 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The source of the issue is where the water is pooling in the first place.

this spot is my only complaint about my new Bronco.

Coldsmoke

Badlands
First Name
Knuckles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Washington State just got hit with a blast of real winter. For two days in a row now my windows have been frozen shut, even after idling for 15 minutes. They did thaw and start working after driving around on day 1. Jump to 08:58 for the goods.

Same thing can happen on any vehicle in an area where a deep freeze can occur. I live outside of Chicago and the windows have previously frozen on a Lincoln MKX, F150, and several Jeep Wranglers. A simple preventative solution is to put a strip of electric tape along the area where the window meets the rubber strip prior to a freeze. Then just pull it off when you get in. Works like a champ.

Sponsored

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bakflip tonneau cover so bed is not exposed to the elements. Hence why I was annoyed I couldn't get stuff out of the truck bed when the latch froze.
Lol, same on our 2019 Z71.
The BakFlip freezes to the top of the tailgate.
And the wonderful people at GM designed a push-button tailgate with no handle, no mechanical override. So push the button, hear the solenoid click, hear the latch let loose....and nothing. It's a wonderful thing.

Hemisfear

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m right above you in Vancouver and havenā€™t had any icing issues?

OP
OP
Nobody

Nobody

Badlands
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.snowtrek.org
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm actually more shocked that you didn't start cursing the double honk. I bet your neighbors were.
A beauty thing with frameless windows is you can help shive them down with your hand when they're frozen šŸ‘
I have passed the anger phase :ROFLMAO:.

And no, pushing the window down does not help.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I think a little silicone spray should hold for a while. I use it on the snowblower and nothing sticks to it.

M&M Beer

Outer Banks
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge-F-150 Supercrew
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Pull the bed comforter off your bed and give it to your Bronco.
Sponsored