Reaction score
Website
www.tiktok.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was trying to take my doors off my 4dr Badlands today for the first time. I can get the middle connector off extremely easily, but I can’t seem to get the bolts off. The torque wrench is angled terribly where I can’t get any consistent travel. I am 6’4” and have huge hands. Any tips to make this process easier?
Sponsored

SurfsUp85

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4 door Outer Banks, Kia soul 4u
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Was trying to take my doors off my 4dr Badlands today for the first time. I can get the middle connector off extremely easily, but I can’t seem to get the bolts off. The torque wrench is angled terribly where I can’t get any consistent travel. I am 6’4” and have huge hands. Any tips to make this process easier?
It's def tight. Luckily it doesn't need much torque to get going then can be taken off by hand.

Be sure the door is open as wide as possible. Your first torque from frame to door frame (1 inch gap) should loosen it enough to use your fingers.

Use the rubber bumpers, so easy to mess the paint up taking the doors off and putting them on.

WClintM

Badlands
First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Swivels and extensions might help.

Sponsored

Bronco-saurs

Outer Banks
First Name
Eugene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer / 2018 F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
6'4 myself and think the door removal process is really simple. Hands barely fit in to hand tighten/loosen the bolts but it takes me no more than 10 minutes to take the four doors and top off(down).

Roger123

Badlands
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GC, '14 Yamaha Super Tenere
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Ground_zero298

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 badlands 2 door. 22 Burban Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It’s like that the first couple times. After that it’s pretty easy. I thought the process was a pita the first 3-5 times I did it. Now it’s a 5 minutes job that don’t even register. Don’t even need the rubber now. Probably done it 30 or so times. Key for me is using pointer and middle finger for tops, middle and thumb for bottoms, to unscrew with bigger hands. I use the supplied ratchet 1” at a time with a finger on each side to protect the paint/plastic, 10 quick turns then she’s hand loose. On the plus side being 6’4” is gonna be easy to put the doors back on for you. You will be able to look straight down when you set the door on.

A good battery 90 ratchet can make life easier too. I grabbed a Milwaukee extended 90. Covers pretty much every star bolt on the truck. Panels, bumpers, doors, top, and some others. Very handy to have In the truck. Most ratchets are 3/8 and the bronco tools are 1/4 so make sure you grab a 1/4 to 3/8 adapter or a set of 3/8 sockets if you do invest in one. Can be used as a breaker bar on the stars too if the ratchet won’t power them out. I keep that and a spare battery in the tool compartment. If going for a trip I’ll toss the battery charger in with it, can charge them while you drive if needed.

82931D87-150E-496A-AE78-32D18E9B7C6C.jpeg

DD214

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2015 Pilot, 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's def tight. Luckily it doesn't need much torque to get going then can be taken off by hand.

Be sure the door is open as wide as possible. Your first torque from frame to door frame (1 inch gap) should loosen it enough to use your fingers.

Use the rubber bumpers, so easy to mess the paint up taking the doors off and putting them on.
sorry to jump in here but what rubber bumpers?

‘21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The two rubber strips in your bronco tool kit. They slide on and protect the paint.
To the OP

what torque wrench? The tiny ratchet and 13mm that’s in your bronco kit it more than enough. There is no torx bit involved. Make sure your turning them the correct way and keep the socket straight with the bolt head. After the come loose they wheel out with minimal effort. Getting a hand in there to start them yeah it’s a tight space.

Sponsored

PcDBronco

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco, 2015 F250 Superduty
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What torque wrench are you refering too? Theres only a need for 2 socket bolts to be removed from hinge, very easy. Theres youtube videos that explain where the rubber protectors go and the socket bolts are that are really helpful for first timers. Just beware to have a good grip on the doors and have a spot for them, alot of people have already dropped doors or dinged them against the body.

SurfsUp85

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

In the tool bag there are two small rubber bumpers that you put on the door to keep it from banging metal together.

I'll go snap some pics for ya right now.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Now it’s a 5 minutes job that don’t even register. Don’t even need the rubber now
Same here, probably about 5 minutes to remove all 4 doors and install the tube doors. No need for the rubber strips either. Just move slowly and deliberately.

Dmorty217

Black Diamond
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camery
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The tool bag ford supplies is lack luster to say the least. Yes the tools you need are in there but using a socket to remove the bolts is frustrating at times, especially the top one. A swivel adaptor helps out. Definitely use the rubber pieces when reinstalling the doors to prevent paint chips.

SurfsUp85

Outer Banks
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Here are the bumpers.

Add them to these spots. I found out the hard way where to place them. Not crazy but definitely hurt my soul when it happened.

The example is on the passenger door. The scratches are on the driver side door.

IMG_20220807_170136.jpg

IMG_20220807_170321.jpg

IMG_20220807_170337.jpg
Sponsored