Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Do we realize how totally unacceptable it is that Ford gives you rear speakers but deliberately cripples them so they don't work like the front ones? Why are we putting up with this? Does any other car maker do this? Would we let them get away with it?
I know, this is pretty lame.
My wife and I are not big audio folks as we have been happy with the base radios that come in the Ford vehicles that we purchased over the last few decades but that was one of the first thing we noticed was the crappy rear speaker performance which is what brought me to this thread.
My wife who doesn't even listen to music, she listens to books and noticed it right away.
How about a fix for this @fordmotorcompany?
Sponsored

Ig_bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
But the foot panel speakers suck balls. With the adjustments i did on the ACM, the bass sounds terrible, around half maybe less of the volume level cranked
So, are you saying after you changed the settings in Forscan the kick panel speakers sound worse or they just suck in general????

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘23 Porsche 992T; ‘20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
^^ I'm voting with my hard earned money. I canceled my order and requested refund of my deposit, not because of this but because of the delay from a February 13 to late May ETA. I'm done with Ford.

Sponsored

Bronconewby

Badlands
First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So, are you saying after you changed the settings in Forscan the kick panel speakers sound worse or they just suck in general????
The speakers suck in general, but it is receiving more bass with the mod( sounds better ). The unit is putting out more power than the speaker can handle. But if you are not a big audio person it will sound pretty decent.

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Which forscan changes did you make?

Updating you guys, as my buddy finished my audio install last night.

The Forscan update to give full range to the rear speakers, does in fact, give full range. Also increases volume quite a bit (went from listening on 17~ down to like 12~ after the change).

He brought the oscilator over to verify signal to the rear speakers before pulling the signal for my amp from them and they're definitely giving a full range.

Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The speakers suck in general, but it is receiving more bass with the mod( sounds better ). The unit is putting out more power than the speaker can handle. But if you are not a big audio person it will sound pretty decent.
Ok, that makes sense. They even have the kick panel speakers filtered as well! So the Forscan mod makes all 6 channels full range!

WuNgUn

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 door Squatched
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah please clarify, D2dhanover's initial suggest was to change the value from 3801 to 3800, but other folks have referenced changing it to 382B
You're thinking of line 2 mod that was discussed earlier which did duck all for me.
This 382B is for the first line. Go back a page and look at the screenshot 👍🏻

Broncola

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Element, ‘75 Bronco widow
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Nice I got the the s40s too! Just the dash for now. Trying to decide if I’m gonna get a forscan adapter. Do have bass blockers for your dash speakers? If you don’t, the dash and kicks are competing to drive bass off the same output. Might be part of the problem.

I did mess with the line 2 settings and it went all haywire.. moved it back to factory. Then i found that link with all the ACM codes. I stuck with line 1 only.. this seems to do most of your speaker modifications. If you break it down i get what its doing but it gets complicated if you dont understand it. Shitty way to pass it on the consumers though.

6 speaker standard sound system

I just got my Bronco last week, so i have orders waiting for delivery for the speaker mods. I did however receive my apline s40's. I did swap front and rear. It does sound better. But the foot panel speakers suck balls. With the adjustments i did on the ACM, the bass sounds terrible, around half maybe less of the volume level cranked. i aint no audiophile but its seems half way decent below 15 volume level. maybe. Lol.. after that music with good amount of bass starts to get distorted.

Waiting on some component speakers for the kick panel. So ill keep you guys posted once i swap those. But i will most likely add a subwoofer somewhere.
Sponsored