Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
UPDATE:

So after asking the dealership to do the flash (without the sub).. there was zero difference. I went home and swapped the OEM speakers in the rear for Kicker and there was a difference.... so I assumed the rears had some type of limiting hardware on the OEM speaker as well and that the flash did indeed work.....but the enclosures were still so bad it was making the rears suffer even with aftermarket speakers.

Well the stock rears were still not good enough and I found a JBL Soundbar local to me and plugged it in.... and it sounds just as bad as the rear pods did... which tells me the flash didn't install..... I didn't say it didn't work... hear me out.

On the flashing instructions one of the steps it asks " is the old hardware installed" (or something to that effect), and it says in bold to click "no".... well we all know human nature is to click yes on those install prompts so I'm guessing that's what happened - and the flash didn't finish.

The dealer is flashing it again today... this time with the soundbar installed so we can make sure the flash takes.

I'll post an update hopefully later today if I have time..... I'm headed out of town this evening.
Sponsored

Happytown

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 Eco SCREW 4WD
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ack, now I'm pushed to a 22....so without re-reading all 20 pages, does the flash still work for 22 or is it unnecessary? I recall reading that the Forscan doesn't work on 22's....
Ditto. Could someone who knows the answer spare me and @Headsong the trouble of reading 20 pages please?

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Ack, now I'm pushed to a 22....so without re-reading all 20 pages, does the flash still work for 22 or is it unnecessary? I recall reading that the Forscan doesn't work on 22's....
I haven't read every single post, but it DOES SEEM like 2022s are giving people some grief when it comes to both the JBL flash, and Forscans ability to make changes.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do we realize how totally unacceptable it is that Ford gives you rear speakers but deliberately cripples them so they don't work like the front ones? Why are we putting up with this? Does any other car maker do this? Would we let them get away with it?
^^ I'm voting with my hard earned money. I canceled my order and requested refund of my deposit, not because of this but because of the delay from a February 13 to late May ETA. I'm done with Ford.
Loaded up, headed to Texas:

428A1FAE-9280-42D6-9672-9832A496ECE2.jpeg

DEFBD305-BC53-43D7-82B7-1646DBC0E4D4.jpeg
That’ll teach Ford not to push you around. 😂 Congrats! 😉

Patriotic

Wildtrak
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco Wildtrak; ‘23 Porsche 992T; ‘20 BMW X5
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
^^Busted. Yes, I changed my mind. Your point exactly is?

Sponsored

mikec426

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 4dr Sqtch, 20 Triumph Tiger Rally, '04 Yam FZ1
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think he was just ribbing you. No point.

Jgoodwin

Black Diamond
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 ram 2500 diesel
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

UPDATE:

So after asking the dealership to do the flash (without the sub).. there was zero difference. I went home and swapped the OEM speakers in the rear for Kicker and there was a difference.... so I assumed the rears had some type of limiting hardware on the OEM speaker as well and that the flash did indeed work.....but the enclosures were still so bad it was making the rears suffer even with aftermarket speakers.

Well the stock rears were still not good enough and I found a JBL Soundbar local to me and plugged it in.... and it sounds just as bad as the rear pods did... which tells me the flash didn't install..... I didn't say it didn't work... hear me out.

On the flashing instructions one of the steps it asks " is the old hardware installed" (or something to that effect), and it says in bold to click "no".... well we all know human nature is to click yes on those install prompts so I'm guessing that's what happened - and the flash didn't finish.

The dealer is flashing it again today... this time with the soundbar installed so we can make sure the flash takes.

I'll post an update hopefully later today if I have time..... I'm headed out of town this evening.
Thank you for this info. Patiently waiting to hear the update.

SASQTCH

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So here’s the update. The flash worked the first time and the JBL soundbar is trash. Paired with the stock headunit it puts out as much sound as what you would expect from a $29 soundbar for you TV at Wal-Mart.

So I went back to my original plan. I pulled the rear pods down and lined the inside of them with dynamat. Doing that and replacing the rears made those pods sound a ton better then the soundbar believe it or not. My Kicker CS 4” had a ton more top and end even had more lows than the sound bar.

Lastly I set the fader near the middle of the rear seats and now have much more balanced sound. Still missing lows a bunch. Adding the powered sub Monday.

imabadbadlands

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, BMW 3 Series
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
So here’s the update. The flash worked the first time and the JBL soundbar is trash. Paired with the stock headunit it puts out as much sound as what you would expect from a $29 soundbar for you TV at Wal-Mart.

So I went back to my original plan. I pulled the rear pods down and lined the inside of them with dynamat. Doing that and replacing the rears made those pods sound a ton better then the soundbar believe it or not. My Kicker CS 4” had a ton more top and end even had more lows than the sound bar.

Lastly I set the fader near the middle of the rear seats and now have much more balanced sound. Still missing lows a bunch. Adding the powered sub Monday.
sorry to hear about your struggle with the sound (I feel you)

for some context - are you a heavy audio clarity person?The stock Bronco sounds like garbage - agreed. I’m trying to get it to sound “decent” - it’s not my daily driver, so I just want something tolerable.

do you think the sound bar is super terrible, or a noticiable upgrade for people who just want it to sound better? I understand it isn’t “great” - but some people find Beats headphones good lol - would someone like that think the sound is better?

(sorry, really hard to word what I’m trying to ask, lol)

Sponsored

SASQTCH

Wildtrak
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I know what you’re asking. I’m not an “audiophile”. My vehicle before this was a 2021 4Runner and I didn’t do anything to it audio wise. Prior to that was a 2019 F150 and again nothing done except a powered sub.

To give you some perspective my wife has a GMC Acadia Denali (2020) and we just finished a trip and took the Bronco to dinner. Her exact words were - your speakers suck.

Let me try to rephrase the JBL Soundbar. I put a $60 pair of speakers in the stock rear pods with some dynamat and they sounded better than the sound bar by a long shot. (Using the stock head unit to drive them).

Dogstyle

Black Diamond
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 F150 Sport 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't use blockers... My Polks already came with the proper filters built in 👍🏻
Plug in and go. Sound great!
If my truck goes in for temp sensor diagnostics, I might tell them I'm also getting a soundbar in the near future. 🤔
What Polk Audio speakers did you install, if you don't mind me asking.

andrusoid

Base
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Outback, '79 2G, '89 3G, '92 5G White!
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Here's the view from the front and the rear with the sound bar "upside-down" which puts it up high.
Bar Front.jpg
Bar Rear.jpg
You are genius person type. I found some cheap on ebay, but didn't want to block my rear window. Wow.

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I wish a company would make a speaker like the jbl but dosent block the rear view
Sponsored