Sponsored

Full Vehicle Bash Plates (and unavailable options if you select FVBP)

B73

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Back in March when I placed my initial order, it was at the dealership that I learned certain options cancelled out others. Made zero sense at the time, dealer agreed. I was on the Ford site the other night, since I'm one of the many who received notice of your '21 is now a '22. Anyway, if Full Vehicle Bash Plates are ordered, the following are unavailable, which makes zero sense:
-Corner Protectors
-Roof Rack
-Brush Guard
-Cargo Area Protector
-Cargo Area Rug
-Safe Deposit Box
-Paint Protection Film

Q: can anyone explain how metal plates on the bottom of the Bronco would affect any of these options?
Sponsored

Jdyount

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Back in March when I placed my initial order, it was at the dealership that I learned certain options cancelled out others. Made zero sense at the time, dealer agreed. I was on the Ford site the other night, since I'm one of the many who received notice of your '21 is now a '22. Anyway, if Full Vehicle Bash Plates are ordered, the following are unavailable, which makes zero sense:
-Corner Protectors
-Roof Rack
-Brush Guard
-Cargo Area Protector
-Cargo Area Rug
-Safe Deposit Box
-Paint Protection Film

Q: can anyone explain how metal plates on the bottom of the Bronco would affect any of these options?
I think part of it is a GVW thing.

j_anderson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

total vehicle weight maybe?

JohnnyBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
X4
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep, once you go FVBP there is not enough available cargo weight for a 200# driver plus 5# of plastic film, lol

But the way around it is to not order FVBP, get all your other goods as desired and then buy FVBP from an alternate source if unavailable through accessories

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
-Corner Protectors
-Roof Rack
-Brush Guard
-Cargo Area Protector
-Cargo Area Rug
-Safe Deposit Box
-Paint Protection Film

My theory has been that Ford doesn't want you upgrading your trim level to the next one a la carte. I couldn't configure my OBX with the Cargo Area Protector without removing the Sasquatch package (HUH?). That's not a GVW thing. I did get my dealer to get me the CAP from the accessory catalog for the price on the B&P page, however, rather than the marked-up accessory catalog price.

Sponsored

lakesinai

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 4dr OBX MIC 2.7 Rear Locker A51 Roast
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yep, once you go FVBP there is not enough available cargo weight for a 200# driver plus 5# of plastic film, lol

But the way around it is to not order FVBP, get all your other goods as desired and then buy FVBP from an alternate source if unavailable through accessories
Careful on this, because i "think" i read that the suspension components are designed around the weight of the vehicle. So if you add heavy components later, you may end up with a suspension it's a little over stressed. Others have research to this

MillerBuilt

Wildtrak
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 3500, Dodge 2500, F150, Mercedez E350
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The PPF part drives me crazy!!

OtisFE

Outer Banks
First Name
Otis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can only guess too heavy for a roof rack. Others no idea.
Sponsored