First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Audi S4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm gonna try the trickle charger too. Mine never get updated.
I left the WiFi connection ON in the car, but every once a while it changes back to OFF.
I wonder if it thinks the battery is low and went into power saving mode, thus no update.
Sponsored

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Still nothing here either.

sirreel

Outer Banks
First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Same here. I finally got the 3.5.2 at the end of October. I think this has to be voltage related. As I have made a lot of long drives, except for back in October right about when I got that update pushed. Been trying all the tricks since but nothing. Trickle charge might be the ticket.

foreWard

Badlands
First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep GC Trailhawk, 2003 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do I need to have my ebrake on for it to check for updates? My driveway is flat, I never use it…

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Fdrs updated mine just fine
I like the full screen and pairing to multiple phones at once (I have work and personal)
Mine sorta pairs to multiple phones at once... I might not be doing it right. Trying to select multiple audio inputs seems to confuse it if Android Auto is on one device only.

Pdshepherd

Wildtrak
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None. Wife's Kia is my part time wheels
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

How in the heck did it just update.

HeHateMe

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hyundai Palisade
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just got updated... To 3.5.2...

lame-thats-lame.gif

Sponsored

3TooMany

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4dr Badlands 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We really don't know for sure. When I called into Sync support, what they told me is that my computer reported both a successful and failed installation of Powerup 3.5.2. They dug further and showed that the next pending update was pulled and that down the road a more cumulative one will apply. If you prod through my interface though you can clearly see I'm still on some earlier 2.x version.

Some folks have inferred that updates are released to your VIN within date windows, and if you miss the window and don't have great wifi or cellular service during that time you basically get abandoned.

I am probably going to suck it up and learn to update with FDRS. Right now I'm planning to wire up a trickle charger and see what happens. I can totally see how some of the updates will hold on installation if there is even a chance of the battery dropping mid-update. Otherwise you might have a whole fleet of bricked vehicles in the field.
I’m in the same boat as far as the update version and failed attempt. Talked to the OTA team at Ford and they suggested I take it to the dealer for them to address it. They don’t think it will attempt any more OTA updates.

Out of curiosity, did you make any Forscan changes? Looking through the F150 forums, some that made Forscan changes had luck by reverting back to their original config. They were then able to get the update to take correctly. I’m wondering if the failed install was related to those changes, or if stock Broncos are having this issue as well.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m in the same boat as far as the update version and failed attempt. Talked to the OTA team at Ford and they suggested I take it to the dealer for them to address it. They don’t think it will attempt any more OTA updates.

Out of curiosity, did you make any Forscan changes? Looking through the F150 forums, some that made Forscan changes had luck by reverting back to their original config. They were then able to get the update to take correctly. I’m wondering if the failed install was related to those changes, or if stock Broncos are having this issue as well.
Mine is completely stock. I’ve gotten one update but not the full screen yet
Sponsored