North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

You do realize there is another mid size SUV off-roader that can take the top off on right? So by even buying a bronco over a jeep you are admitting it's ok for folks to want changes and improvements that best fit their needs over what's currently available?

Yet, you think it's ridiculous when people come to the conclusion that it doesn't fit their needs quite right?

You also have to remember many are buying sight unseen (most negative comments are once folks see them). Plus the last iteration of the bronco that many have in their mind is a vastly different vehicle in size and in some ways performance (cargo room, towing). You really think it's odd that many may have expected/hoped for something similar to the last bronco ever built?

If anything, I'm more impressed by how many folks are still buying it, knowing it isn't quite perfect for them, but is still a hell of a vehicle.
I'm well aware of the Jeep market, going back to 40's and 50's Jeep restomods. Many Bronco buyers and forum people are not, one person commented they did not know what a JK or JL was. Many of the buyers have no frame of reference what a FSB is, their frame of reference is their current car or SUV and they see the cool new Bronco and want one, that is fantastic.

I'm not sure where you found the word ridiculous, it was not from me, I'm just saying we may see some disappointed Bronco buyers that have no frame of reference to what a rugged, body-on-frame off-road vehicle its.
Sponsored

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I do not think anyone thinks it is ridiculous for people to want improvements to a vehicle. That being said, increasing towing capability, increasing MPG, improving on road handling, improving ride, increasing interior space, will ALL require compromises to the Bronco's core mission of being a rugged off roader with removable doors and tops. If Ford actually made the Bronco try to satisfy all of those goals, they would just be building another Explorer with an appearance package.

It is obvious from criticisms that a lot of people just want a Ford Explorer that says Bronco on the front. Those people are likely to be disappointed with the Bronco.
There already is a Ford explorer with an appearance package, nobody wants that. Make a modern 5g bronco, with tech improvements, add front and rear lockers, sway bar disco, naturally aspirated engine. That's what many wanted and expected, which is why many complain about size and towing. And that's nothing like a ford explorer with appearance package.

ramblinwreck

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
`22 Wildtrak, '21 Wrangler Rubicon 4xe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m all in for downsizing from an Excursion and adding the abilities it has over it. I’m also good with it being smaller and more nimble than my last Bronco (‘88 model). Pretty certain I won’t have any regrets.

I do hope the used market will blow up from those that are disappointed though... having a second one at a budget price would be awesome.🙂

I actually hope the used market doesn't! One of the best things about owning a Jeep is resale value. I have bought 2 new Jeeps, and averaged about $1k-$2k in depreciation per year of ownership due to resale values. If you worry more about depreciation than purchase price, I suspect a Jeep Wrangler is the cheapest vehicle to own available.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

If Ford actually made the Bronco try to satisfy all of those goals, they would just be building another Explorer with an appearance package.

It is obvious from criticisms that a lot of people just want a Ford Explorer that says Bronco on the front. Those people are likely to be disappointed with the Bronco.
That is why Ford is building the new 2022 Explorer Timberline 4x4.

Spy photos show 2022 Ford Explorer Timberline completely undisguised

2022 Ford Explorer to Add Off-Road Package

rline-spied-1608735969.jpg?crop=1.00xw:0.753xh;0,0.jpg

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
I've already moved on.

I went to see one of the many touring broncos on Monday and was a little disappointed.

Ordered a Gladiator yesterday.

I still haven't cancelled my Bronco but intend to as soon as I get confirmation from Jeep regarding my order.

When sitting in them back to back I just liked the Jeep better. I have seen more than a few post with people exclaiming how Ford hit it out of the park and its a game changer, Jeep will have to up its game because Fords raised the bar... and so on.

I just didn't see what they saw. The Bronco was fine but for me it just didn't seem like it was there yet. The Wrangler/Gladiator have the advantage that its been a natural progression and evolution so things are figured out and resolved.

The Bronco looked and felt to me like something that truly was new and hasn't had time to settle in to what it is supposed to or wants to be.

Not sure that made sense or if anyone will understand. Others will just flame me because they love the thing they love and hate the thing they hate and Im fine with that too.

Anyways to those that have seen both and like the Bronco more and are happy to be an early adopter, hats off to you. Its going to be a great truck. There is a lot to love about the bronco and in many ways it does raise the bar and will force Jeep to be on their toes. Just not the things that matter to me.

There are always compromises to be made and I realize Im giving up a few things with the Jeep but I had to weight my wants and needs and how each vehicle addressed them and at the end of the day the Jeep was a better fit for me.

Not everyone will come to the same conclusion.

Enjoy your new Broncos when you get them. You'll be a coolest kids in town for a little while.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My Bronco is now for sale and we will be buying a {fill in blank}.
Lucky they bought a Bronco...there'll be no better vehicle to flip in 2022.

PWillette

Badlands
First Name
Parrie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 F250 Super Duty, '01 SS Camaro, '21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've already moved on.

I went to see one of the many touring broncos on Monday and was a little disappointed.

I still haven't cancelled my Bronco but intend to as soon as I get confirmation from Jeep regarding my order.

When sitting in them back to back I just liked the Jeep better. I have seen more than a few post with people exclaiming how Ford hit it out of the park and its a game changer, Jeep will have to up its game because Fords raised the bar... and so on.

I just didn't see what they saw. The Bronco was fine but for me it just didn't seem like it was there yet. The Wrangler/Gladiator have the advantage that its been a natural progression and evolution so things are figured out and resolved.

The Bronco looked and felt to me like something that truly was new and hasn't had time to settle in to what it is supposed to or wants to be.

Not sure that made sense or if anyone will understand. Others will just flame me because they love the thing they love and hate the thing they hate and Im fine with that too.

Anyways to those that have seen both and like the Bronco more and are happy to be an early adopter, hats off to you. Its going to be a great truck. There is a lot to love about the bronco and in many ways it does raise the bar and will force Jeep to be on their toes. Just not the things that matter to me.

There are always compromises to be made and I realize Im giving up a few things with the Jeep but I had to weight my wants and needs and how each vehicle addressed them and at the end of the day the Jeep was a better fit for me.

Enjoy your new Broncos when you get them. You'll be a coolest kids in town for a little while.
Man has to do what a man has to do. Just curious, what model are you canceling?

ronstar

Big Bend
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Jeep JL
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There will be no need for me to get rid of my Bronco. I'm keeping my F-150 for doing those things that the Bronco can't. And I'll keep the bronco and get rid of the F-150 when my hauling days are over.

OP
OP
North7

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It makes sense and I completely understand, glad you found the vehicle that works for you. When its time to trade the Gladiator in, give the Bronco another look, it should be settled in by then.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

This is my fall back as well, even though I have converted to an order.

Just curious what the point is that leaned you in the Gladiator direction over Wrangler?

Sponsored

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
Man has to do what a man has to do. Just curious, what model are you canceling?
Black Diamond not squatched; I got to sit in a BD with sqautch at the event.

The seats felt nice but I didn't care for the different colors and stitching. I also didn't care for the blue accents everywhere along with the different shades of grey and numerous different materials.

How can something so simple with only a few colors be so busy?

It didn't feel as small to me as many people said it felt to them but maybe that cause I'm used to being and prefer something a little more compact. I'm 5'-10" 160lbs. for what that's worth. Infact it felt plenty spacious.

Theres nothing really wrong with it and I didn't hate it. It just didn't wow me the way I'd hoped.

For my money, which it is my money Im spending on this I just did see a value above and beyond the Jeep.

There will be a wow factor on these for a year or so and the experience of being one of the first to have one will be really fun but what do I have when that wears off and people see these at every stop light just like you do now with Wranglers?

You have a vehicle that's not anymore special than a Wrangler that you live with everyday. Get the vehicle you actually want to live with everyday.

This is probably more a factor of waiting for so long and so much hype that when I finally saw it I wanted more and maybe some of its my own fault because I set expectations too high. I think a lot of other people will be every happy.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I suspect you are spot-on with your prediction that some owners will be unhappy with the Broncos. Back in July 2020 it was the only game in town regarding fresh design and full of mind-blowing tech for off-road enthusiasts. However, we may see significant changes in the off-road vehicle segment before December 2021 arrives when some Bronco reservation holders are scheduled to take delivery of their MY22.

Ford know this and will have the Ford Ranger ready and Ford Ranger Raptor almost ready. That may be the right vehicle for many unhappy Bronco owners who seek a fresh design, 2.7L engine or hybrid, full of Bronco developed tech, better load capacity, and tow capacity.

For those you may be cross-shopping, take a deep dive look at the Ranger. You might be pleasantly surprised with the predictions for MY22.

PS - You might be surprised by the depth of the AM support for the Ranger. It is amazing!

brocotect

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is my fall back as well, even though I have converted to an order.

Just curious what the point is that leaned you in the Gladiator direction over Wrangler?
Storage and the way I use my current/previous vehicles. I just decided having a truck bed will be better for me. I have no need for a full size truck but a fun off roader that I can pop the top on and throw all my dirty shit in the bed would work well for my needs.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've already moved on.

When sitting in them back to back I just liked the Jeep better.

I did some selective editing of the quote there...kept the most important parts as I see them.
No flaming or hate here, my friend.
Everyone has their opinions/needs/desires, and absolutely has the right to feel however they feel.
I was disappointed in a few things (very few) once able to actually sit and ride in one, very happy with many things.
To be fair, it does feel a bit novelty-like in a lot of ways and I think you nailed it by describing it as "unsettled". I'm sure it will all fall into a comfortable spot as thing evolve. And I have a hard time really putting my finger on what it was about it, but I got the same feeling once or twice last Friday when I was tinkering with everything.
Overall a positive and very eager feeling. But I also am reasonable enough to notice it isn't going to be all sunshine and rainbows taking this thing cross-country and wheeling it at the same time. At least not for all of us, the entire trip.
And that's ok.
I didn't go into this thinking it was a massive H1 in size, or a cushy Navigator inside. It's pretty much what I expected in most ways. Better in several ways, worse in a few.
But in the end you did what fit your needs, and I'm happy for ya.
Gladiator, as much hate as it gets for various reasons, is a solid vehicle that fits a lot of needs.
If I were strictly looking for an overlander-type vehicle, it would fit the bill for me, as I think it is a better fit for that specifically more so than the 6G..(I'll get flamed for that, I'm sure).
No hate or ill will here, my former 6G bro.
I'll gladly say hi on a trail and share a cold one with ya, regardless.

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I have always gotten cars that were base models. As long as I had awd I was happy so unless the bronco is a complete piece of shit I should be happy. Now some people on here seem fancy as shit and will most likely be disappointed.

Ford Bronco Future Bronco Purchase Regrets 222
Sponsored