Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, 2006 Tacoma, 2020 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I use Gaia for my off road navigation, currently Gaia does not work with Android Auto even though Google is allowing 3rd party navigation apps. The other week I was off roading in our 4runner, it was ridiculous to be using my phone screen while there is a built in screen that could be used. If you are so inclined hop over to the Gaia feature request form and let them know that being able to use that huge 12" (or 8") screen with Gaia over Android auto is important!

https://help.gaiagps.com/hc/en-us/c...48414-Android-Auto-3rd-party-nav-apps-allowed
Sponsored

Chrome_Pony

Badlands
First Name
Chrome
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2.3L Badlands High, 2017 LWN Duramax Z71
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Probably Google's fault, somehow. Their refusal to allow Torque or OBDFusion on AA is downright moronic. Eleventy texting apps are cool, but no apps with actual vehicle utility.

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I use Gaia for my off road navigation, currently Gaia does not work with Android Auto even though Google is allowing 3rd party navigation apps. The other week I was off roading in our 4runner, it was ridiculous to be using my phone screen while there is a built in screen that could be used. If you are so inclined hop over to the Gaia feature request form and let them know that being able to use that huge 12" (or 8") screen with Gaia over Android auto is important!

https://help.gaiagps.com/hc/en-us/c...48414-Android-Auto-3rd-party-nav-apps-allowed
I've been requesting this ever since I reserved a Bronco (and found out I can't get *@#$& Mid package with my 7MT).*

*for the pedants; "...without shelling out a boatload more for a Badlands trim I have no interest in."

Last edited:

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

etmccaus86

Base
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BaseSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

At the current moment that's the only way. But it is offered.
...yes, I'm well aware of that fact.
But has been repeated here quite often, I'm not so keen to spend another $8k just to have the privilege of spending another $1200 for Mid. It's bad enough I'm forced into Big Bend for a manual with a four-door.

In any case, keep voting over at Gaia...

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

...yes, I'm well aware of that fact.
But has been repeated here quite often, I'm not so keen to spend another $8k just to have the privilege of spending another $1200 for Mid. It's bad enough I'm forced into Big Bend for a manual with a four-door.

In any case, keep voting over at Gaia...
Enjoy your evening.

Sponsored

JohnnyMotorBoat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Wildtrak 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I submitted a bug report / support request and separately a feature request to Gaia to see if there's something they can fix from their side. However, I really think this is an issue from Ford Sync's side where they're not recognizing Gaia (or OnX) as a Sync supported app.

Regardless, you can make it work. In the settings menus it even tells you how to do it (although cryptically) . Here are the Steps:
1) Have Gaia or OnX loaded on your phone
2) Establish BT connection between your phone and the Bronco
3) Go to Settings -> Connectivity -> Wireless App Projection. In that menu page, you'll see an info button ("i" in a circle) on the right which tells you what to do. See photo below. "When Wireless App Projection is on, you can connect your device using Bluetooth.... After you connect your device using BT: To project a compatible mobile app, search for and connect to the Wireless App Projection network from your device."
4) You'll see "Network Name" generated by your Bronco on the Wireless App Projection. This is a wifi network that you will need to join on your phone. Slide the "show password" tab on the Bronco Sync screen to see log in password.
5) From there open Android Auto on the Bronco, click the bottom left white circle to see the app drawer. You'll see Gaia (and OnX if you have it on your phone) in the app drawer and you can select them.

My phone is now automatically connecting to the projection wifi network every time I start the car after saving it as one of my known wifi networks. So Gaia and OnX are now always appearing in the Android Auto app tray. No extra steps required. (except pay the annual membership of course)

Ford Bronco Gaia on Android Auto PXL_20221014_062342867

Ford Bronco Gaia on Android Auto PXL_20221014_165923052

PXL_20221019_180050570.jpg

Last edited:

IDyeti

Black Diamond
First Name
SPAM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco BD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah I don't have that problem.

But the bigger bug is that it doesn't take up the enter 12" screen.
Ha ha ha
~8" screen guy

JohnnyMotorBoat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah I don't have that problem.

But the bigger bug is that it doesn't take up the enter 12" screen.
Ha ha ha
~8" screen guy
No i get full screen if I minimize the second pane.

JohnnyMotorBoat

Wildtrak
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Any time you want to run Gaia, you'll have to manually reconnect to the Bronco's Wireless App Projection wifi network which will now have been saved to your phone's wifi network list.
Correction - my phone is now automatically connecting to the projection network every time I start the car. So Gaia and OnX are now always appearing in the Android Auto app tray.