Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I’ve been using Garage Smart since it was the original MyLIFTER back in the day for Hobie Kayak storage. One of the Greta features is it not only removes but also stores above making more room on the ground. The motors have brakes so it holds securely. No cords tied to walls for kids to play with and potentially create issues.

https://lddy.no/159z0
Sponsored

vzqhsg

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150, Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not going to lie for one second, this job was a pain in the ass! Of course I picked the two hottest days to work in the peak of a garage. I did have to add structure and additional framing to support the static & dynamic loads.

The lift was designed for JK/JLs, so their directions and videos are a bit of an afterthought for the Bronco. They point you in the direction, but you’ll need to fine tune it from there.

2 days and 10 gallons of water later!

Overall solid product, albeit a bit overpriced IMO. I also had to pay a large amount of shipping & tax on top of it. I’ve ordered much heavier items without shipping cost.

The pros. It is well designed, built, compact, & functions very efficiently using the Bluetooth connected app.

edited by OP

4359C402-28A3-47F3-9ED1-1A2280960248.jpeg

374533B1-C37F-47D2-B759-D436DB0E84E4.jpeg

C8C370AE-E68A-4E15-8640-18862DF82F4B.jpeg

58D2C520-CE41-4A45-B85F-37FD1DCA95C6.jpeg

622440B5-F9AF-4B0E-B58D-A314A8AF0ADE.png

A4F7978F-1B05-4DCC-87D0-2C05DEA0FD2F.jpeg
It's great you don't have prefab trusses. Gives you the extra room. I tried this with my TJ Jeep years back and it didn't work well with prefabs.

Bsenecal

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger crew cab, '17 Fusion sport, '68 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just went with an electric hoist and some ten foot nylon hoist straps. The bungee cords keep it from free swinging in the breeze.

6C1F3995-B64A-4B5A-AF9D-CE7D2306500C.jpeg
That’s a sweet Mach 1 in the background.
Brian

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bought one as well a few weeks ago since it would work with both our temporary Jeep and the Bronco ( whenever that arrives ).. Was pricey but found the exact same one at another retailer that has free shipping and gives discounts. Longest part of install is finding your studs. Rest is a piece of cake. Makes taking any top on and off extremely easy. Only thing i didnt like is figuring out the strap length to make sure top would store balanced. But this may be a jeep issue since the Bronco has once less roof panel to make it shorter in length.

https://thegarageoutfitter.com/products/garage-smart-jeep-hard-top-lifter
Thanks for the link. Just purchased and got 8% off (saved about $54) and free shipping.

Sponsored

das

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Comp
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Anybody got ideas that would allow you to keep the roof rack on (I have a 2 door) and use the lift?

OP
OP
NJRoadkill

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2.3l Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It's great you don't have prefab trusses. Gives you the extra room. I tried this with my TJ Jeep years back and it didn't work well with prefabs.
thanks, me too. Its a tight garage, I’m thankful for the height. Kinda reminds me of a boat house.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

thanks, me too. Its a tight garage, I’m thankful for the height. Kinda reminds me of a boat house.
As you’re using that lift, any tips on finding the best lift points along the top to keep the top level? Did you have to do some adjusting to cable/strap length to get the top to lift off evenly?

PittShawn

First Edition
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 LR Range Rover Sport
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Thanks for the link. Just purchased and got 8% off (saved about $54) and free shipping.
Do you know the discount code you used? They have 5% off until 6/7 on the site now, not 8%.

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just went with an electric hoist and some ten foot nylon hoist straps. The bungee cords keep it from free swinging in the breeze.

6C1F3995-B64A-4B5A-AF9D-CE7D2306500C.jpeg
Exactly what I was thinking, I picked up the hoist last week. Got to get the straps now and figure out where I can put mine. Have the HT for the 73 already hung. So I've got to work around 2 ceiling fans and attic ladder. Where did you get the straps?

Sponsored

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I would love to get the plans for that rigging rack set up. I have a winch i am going to install and am currently mulling though ideas for making one that keeps low profile like that so i can get the roof up closer to the 10' garage ceiling.
Do you have attic space above the garage? I do but mine is detached. I'm just cutting a hole in the ceiling and mounting mine in the attic so it will go flush as possible to the ceiling.

If you do have attic space maybe mount the hoist to the wall and use a series of pullies on the ceiling to pull it up.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Exactly what I was thinking, I picked up the hoist last week. Got to get the straps now and figure out where I can put mine. Have the HT for the 73 already hung. So I've got to work around 2 ceiling fans and attic ladder. Where did you get the straps?
Turns out ten foot long straps are the perfect size. Couldn’t find that length locally so I found them on EBay.

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Picked up a Harbor Freight garage hoist (880lbs) with wired remote, gonna use some hvac strut bars to make a jig similar to the one from the OP. Haven't decided if I need to recess my hoist into the rafters yet, probably won't know until the beast arrives.
One member blocked between 2 rafters with (2) 2x4 then mounted hoist to those 2x4. If I find the picture I'll add it to my post. I've got to figure out how to extend the remote because I won't be able to reach it other wise.

daddycreswell

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Raptor, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Turns out ten foot long straps are the perfect size. Couldn’t find that length locally so I found them on EBay.
I just found these on Amazon. 9 bucks and they are rated for 1,600lb. Straps
Ford Bronco Garage Hardtop Lift & Storage Installed (Bluetooth App Operated) Screenshot_20220605-100809_Amazon Shoppin

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Do you have attic space above the garage? I do but mine is detached. I'm just cutting a hole in the ceiling and mounting mine in the attic so it will go flush as possible to the ceiling.

If you do have attic space maybe mount the hoist to the wall and use a series of pullies on the ceiling to pull it up.
I am actually mounting the winch on a box channel system with rollers so that the winch can be rolled to the other side of the garage where i can store it safe and my wife wont have to park under the suspended load.
Sponsored