Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2.3l Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not going to lie for one second, this job was a pain in the ass! Of course I picked the two hottest days to work in the peak of a garage. I did have to add structure and additional framing to support the static & dynamic loads.

The lift was designed for JK/JLs, so their directions and videos are a bit of an afterthought for the Bronco. They point you in the direction, but you’ll need to fine tune it from there.

2 days and 10 gallons of water later!

Overall solid product, albeit a bit overpriced IMO. I also had to pay a large amount of shipping & tax on top of it. I’ve ordered much heavier items without shipping cost.

The pros. It is well designed, built, compact, & functions very efficiently using the Bluetooth connected app.

edited by OP

Ford Bronco Garage Hardtop Lift & Storage Installed (Bluetooth App Operated) 4359C402-28A3-47F3-9ED1-1A2280960248

Ford Bronco Garage Hardtop Lift & Storage Installed (Bluetooth App Operated) 374533B1-C37F-47D2-B759-D436DB0E84E4

Ford Bronco Garage Hardtop Lift & Storage Installed (Bluetooth App Operated) C8C370AE-E68A-4E15-8640-18862DF82F4B

Ford Bronco Garage Hardtop Lift & Storage Installed (Bluetooth App Operated) 58D2C520-CE41-4A45-B85F-37FD1DCA95C6

Ford Bronco Garage Hardtop Lift & Storage Installed (Bluetooth App Operated) 622440B5-F9AF-4B0E-B58D-A314A8AF0ADE

Ford Bronco Garage Hardtop Lift & Storage Installed (Bluetooth App Operated) A4F7978F-1B05-4DCC-87D0-2C05DEA0FD2F
Sponsored

Last edited:

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This is so awesome! Great job! Man I’m so jealous of all you that have your rides built and delivered. I can’t wait get doing tinkering etc in my garage to accommodate mine when it comes.

great job OP

jumper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I just ordered this yesterday. Yeah, expensive and the shipping is annoying. However, it does look like the best solution.

OP
OP
NJRoadkill

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just ordered this yesterday. Yeah, expensive and the shipping is annoying. However, it does look like the best solution.
I can’t take any points away for function. It works great! Once set up and fine tuned. It was very easy to remove the top. And storing it above is just awesome. I can raise it to the peak, so it could be higher then shown. I just haven’t yet.

if you run into any issues, dm me.

Bonnie6G

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands LuxSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m not going to lie for one second, this job was a pain in the ass! Of course I picked the two hottest days to work in the peak of a garage. I did have to add structure and additional framing to support the static & dynamic loads.

The lift was designed for JK/JLs, so their directions and videos are an afterthought. They point you in the direction, but you’ll need to fine tune it from there.

(I’m not going to give them a “shout out.” You’ll figure out the brand if you want. And the price is on their website.

Although overall solid, I feel the product was overpriced and I had to pay a large amount of shipping on top of it. I’ve ordered much heavier items without shipping cost.

The directions and videos are not well though out and are primarily geared toward a Jeep. Although they’re now touting it for use on the Bronco, no design changes were made. There’s no guidance for a 2D install. The balance points they instruct to use are not ideal. I had to reposition the strut which added more work because I’m working in tight tolerances and 1.5” makes a difference.

Finally, it’s “designed” in the US but manufactured in China. I didn’t catch that, and may have detoured me from buying it at all. That’s my bad)

4359C402-28A3-47F3-9ED1-1A2280960248.jpeg

374533B1-C37F-47D2-B759-D436DB0E84E4.jpeg

C8C370AE-E68A-4E15-8640-18862DF82F4B.jpeg

58D2C520-CE41-4A45-B85F-37FD1DCA95C6.jpeg

622440B5-F9AF-4B0E-B58D-A314A8AF0ADE.png

A4F7978F-1B05-4DCC-87D0-2C05DEA0FD2F.jpeg
I’m going to be installing this myself in the next few weekends. I have some bare rafters to tie into, but as they are not perfectly centered with the bay itself, I figured some 2x4s run across them would give me the side-to-side freedom for mounting position.

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just went with an electric hoist and some ten foot nylon hoist straps. The bungee cords keep it from free swinging in the breeze.

Ford Bronco Garage Hardtop Lift & Storage Installed (Bluetooth App Operated) 6C1F3995-B64A-4B5A-AF9D-CE7D2306500C

brian0173

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bought one as well a few weeks ago since it would work with both our temporary Jeep and the Bronco ( whenever that arrives ).. Was pricey but found the exact same one at another retailer that has free shipping and gives discounts. Longest part of install is finding your studs. Rest is a piece of cake. Makes taking any top on and off extremely easy. Only thing i didnt like is figuring out the strap length to make sure top would store balanced. But this may be a jeep issue since the Bronco has once less roof panel to make it shorter in length.

https://thegarageoutfitter.com/products/garage-smart-jeep-hard-top-lifter

OP
OP
NJRoadkill

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Bought one as well a few weeks ago since it would work with both our temporary Jeep and the Bronco ( whenever that arrives ).. Was pricey but found the exact same one at another retailer that has free shipping and gives discounts. Longest part of install is finding your studs. Rest is a piece of cake. Makes taking any top on and off extremely easy. Only thing i didnt like is figuring out the strap length to make sure top would store balanced. But this may be a jeep issue since the Bronco has once less roof panel to make it shorter in length.

https://thegarageoutfitter.com/products/garage-smart-jeep-hard-top-lifter
Thanks for the link/heads up up. Too late for me, but hope it helps others. Same base price but w/ the discount and free shipping, that’s not a bad price! 👍🏻

The strap, balancing act sounds to be the same. On the 2D the buckles are in a unfortunate location. over time and use, I’m sure the process will become easier. Overall, I’m happy with the product and install. It’s clean and nice to have the variable control.

Djstang2011

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Harken Hoister, easy one person operation.
front panels are in their storage bag on top of the roof.

Takes about 10 minutes to take off or put on by myself.
Ford Bronco Garage Hardtop Lift & Storage Installed (Bluetooth App Operated) IMG_4100

Sponsored

Drab13

Outer Banks
First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I just went with an electric hoist and some ten foot nylon hoist straps. The bungee cords keep it from free swinging in the breeze.

Ford Bronco Garage Hardtop Lift & Storage Installed (Bluetooth App Operated) IMG_5286.JPG

I did the same thing. Cost about $150 bucks total and can’t believe the prices people are paying for the top removal kits.
Ford Bronco Garage Hardtop Lift & Storage Installed (Bluetooth App Operated) IMG_5286.JPG

Busterbronco1

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT Premium and 1982 F100 Short Bed.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The lift was designed for JK/JLs, so their directions and videos are a bit of an afterthought for the Bronco. They point you in the direction, but you’ll need to fine tune it from there.

Overall solid product, albeit a bit overpriced IMO. I also had to pay a large amount of shipping & tax on top of it. I’ve ordered much heavier items without shipping cost.

The pros. It is well designed, built, compact, & functions very efficiently using the Bluetooth connected app.

edited by OP

I would love to get the plans for that rigging rack set up. I have a winch i am going to install and am currently mulling though ideas for making one that keeps low profile like that so i can get the roof up closer to the 10' garage ceiling.

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Picked up a Harbor Freight garage hoist (880lbs) with wired remote, gonna use some hvac strut bars to make a jig similar to the one from the OP. Haven't decided if I need to recess my hoist into the rafters yet, probably won't know until the beast arrives.
Sponsored