First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 Mustang, C7, MBe300
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Anyone tried to use the hardtop lifter to remove the soft top assembly? That would be great as a one person job and to store it out of the way. Seems it could be easily adapted with the proper straps.
Sponsored

geoking

Outer Banks
First Name
george
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 , 2020 F150, 1934, 1948, 1958 , 1966
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m not going to lie for one second, this job was a pain in the ass! Of course I picked the two hottest days to work in the peak of a garage. I did have to add structure and additional framing to support the static & dynamic loads.

Extremely well done! It makes me want to do it as well. smile.

Do you know if there is a different part number for the Bronco vs the Jeep
thanks, George

edit: I contacted the manufacturer and it is the same identical part number but comes with different instructions. Here's the link:

https://mysmarterhome.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4565551020443-Installation-Manual

Last edited:

VGK_Fan

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Audi S5 Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you know the discount code you used? They have 5% off until 6/7 on the site now, not 8%.
Pretty sure it was "CART8". I saw the 5% off on the site then a window popped up with the 8% offer. Said to order within the next 8 hours so that one may not work any longer. Worth a shot though.

SIXMIL

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mercedes C350 coupe
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have the same setup. Excellent product!

OP
OP
NJRoadkill

NJRoadkill

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Badlands 2.3l Manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ll sit down and write out some of my thoughts on how the system operates, what I like and don’t, and what I will be changing to make this not only function better, but more geared toward how I’m going to use it.

I had a lot of people dm me for some measurements. Keep in mind I have a 2 door, and that I’m not completely happy w/ parts of the system and will be modifying.
——> LINK TO PDF AND INSTALL VIDEOS
Ford Bronco Garage Hardtop Lift & Storage Installed (Bluetooth App Operated) 244BEE91-70B4-4689-83B7-D55204BB2043

Without Load
Ford Bronco Garage Hardtop Lift & Storage Installed (Bluetooth App Operated) 12C743E7-9902-4EB7-B95E-988977A75829

Ford Bronco Garage Hardtop Lift & Storage Installed (Bluetooth App Operated) D925BA4E-8038-4BDD-9D24-51AF3142622B

Ford Bronco Garage Hardtop Lift & Storage Installed (Bluetooth App Operated) BAF47AEB-76AD-4553-A998-1CAD7E7E19F4

Counter Balanced using the Storage Net
Ford Bronco Garage Hardtop Lift & Storage Installed (Bluetooth App Operated) F2D8B907-19B6-4766-A25C-FC3F573042EC

Ford Bronco Garage Hardtop Lift & Storage Installed (Bluetooth App Operated) 5F2A26EA-381F-4763-BB00-27553BBC31B6

Ford Bronco Garage Hardtop Lift & Storage Installed (Bluetooth App Operated) B4F9122A-9906-4FB5-B3FE-9120B5542DF6

——> LINK TO PDF AND INSTALL VIDEOS

Last edited:

Sponsored

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Harken Hoister, easy one person operation.
front panels are in their storage bag on top of the roof.

Takes about 10 minutes to take off or put on by myself.
Ford Bronco Garage Hardtop Lift & Storage Installed (Bluetooth App Operated) B4F9122A-9906-4FB5-B3FE-9120B5542DF6
How far down from the ceiling does the top hang when fully lifted?

Djstang2011

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT, 2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
How far down from the ceiling does the top hang when fully lifted?
I'll have to measure when I take the top off again.
I'm 6'3" and have to duck under it, but its not bad.
My ceiling is about 8.5'.

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'll have to measure when I take the top off again.
I'm 6'3" and have to duck under it, but its not bad.
My ceiling is about 8.5'.
Alright well my ceiling is 9' and I'm only 5'6" so I don't think I'll have a problem :LOL:

Djstang2011

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Alright well my ceiling is 9' and I'm only 5'6" so I don't think I'll have a problem :LOL:
my ceiling is only 8’2” and with the top all the way up, the lowest part (the back glass seal) is 66”. 9’ ceiling you should be golden.

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

my ceiling is only 8’2” and with the top all the way up, the lowest part (the back glass seal) is 66”. 9’ ceiling you should be golden.
I just installed my harken hoister today, but the top keeps tipping backward while lifting it up (I have 4-door so balance might be different). It’s sliding along the straps that are going front-to-back and I’m not sure how to prevent that. How are you keeping yours level?

Sponsored

Djstang2011

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I just installed my harken hoister today, but the top keeps tipping backward while lifting it up (I have 4-door so balance might be different). It’s sliding along the straps that are going front-to-back and I’m not sure how to prevent that. How are you keeping yours level?
Mine sits about 1 inch lower in the back. 2 door so the clamshell is longer. I just messed with mine pretty violently and don’t see how it can slip on the straps. I have the straps in the front going inside the the two screw down brackets, not sure if the 4 door top is the same.

Silly question: did you space the lifting screw/anchors out from the top? They shouldn’t be directly above the top, they should be spaced out 2”.

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Mine sits about 1 inch lower in the back. 2 door so the clamshell is longer. I just messed with mine pretty violently and don’t see how it can slip on the straps. I have the straps in the front going inside the the two screw down brackets, not sure if the 4 door top is the same.

Silly question: did you space the lifting screw/anchors out from the top? They shouldn’t be directly above the top, they should be spaced out 2”.
I did space them out the 2” per the instructions. It seems that because the back of the clamshell is heavier, it tends to “bottom out” at the rear and that is causing it to tip and slide along the strap underneath. I’ve pulled the hoister just tight enough to engage and checked that tension was (roughly) equal on all 4 straps

Djstang2011

Badlands
First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I did space them out the 2” per the instructions. It seems that because the back of the clamshell is heavier, it tends to “bottom out” at the rear and that is causing it to tip and slide along the strap underneath. I’ve pulled the hoister just tight enough to engage and checked that tension was (roughly) equal on all 4 straps
I guess the balance point is just too far back. Can you put the front sections of the roof on the front of the clamshell to add forward weight? I store my front sections at the front of the clamshell, but I put them on the clamshell after I remove it from the bronco. I just lower the clamshell a couple feet and put the panels (in the bag) on top and then lift it back up to the ceiling. Even with no additional weight on the clamshell it’s really solid sitting on the straps.

dominicenoa

Badlands
First Name
Dominic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I guess the balance point is just too far back. Can you put the front sections of the roof on the front of the clamshell to add forward weight? I store my front sections at the front of the clamshell, but I put them on the clamshell after I remove it from the bronco. I just lower the clamshell a couple feet and put the panels (in the bag) on top and then lift it back up to the ceiling. Even with no additional weight on the clamshell it’s really solid sitting on the straps.
That’s not a bad idea, I was actually thinking of putting the middle section on top of it anyway. I’ll give that a shot!