Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Easy to install. Was not able to drive over 50mph, but the noise level was lower than with no mesh top at all. Panels went back on easily. I think it improves the look inside. Here are are a couple of pictures from front and back after the panels were installed:

Ford Bronco GearShade Mesh Top HARDTOP VERSION! E10D4B3D-3D6E-4326-829E-6A75CC934A2A

Ford Bronco GearShade Mesh Top HARDTOP VERSION! 057C17F8-1CAE-41F2-B37A-F6E85BD2EDE5
Sponsored

Last edited:

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Correct, Just get the soft top version. All of the hardware can stay in place with the hardtop on.
@GearShade Tarheel Wes asked the question I want to know but for the 2 door hard top. Same answer? I can just take it on and off - no drilling? (Go ‘Heels!!)

OP
OP
GearShade

GearShade

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Big Bend, '19 JLU Rubi, '07 JKU Rubi, '04 F350
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@GearShade Tarheel Wes asked the question I want to know but for the 2 door hard top. Same answer? I can just take it on and off - no drilling? (Go ‘Heels!!)
Yes, same for the 2 door.

Plala

Big Bend
First Name
Pamela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Yes, same for the 2 door.
And that option requires no drilling, correct? And how hard would it be to put it on and take it off as far as the amount of time. I imagine taking it off is fairly straightforward.

OP
OP
GearShade

GearShade

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
And that option requires no drilling, correct? And how hard would it be to put it on and take it off as far as the amount of time. I imagine taking it off is fairly straightforward.
Correct, no drilling. If you leave the mesh on, you will have a little bit of a hard time with the center twist locks on the front panels. It can be done tho. As for removing the mesh and reinstalling it while the hard top is on, it also can be done.

Sponsored

rossome

Big Bend
First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Easy to install. Was not able to drive over 50mph, but the noise level was lower than with no mesh top at all. Panels went back on easily. I think it improves the look inside. Here are are a couple of pictures from front and back after the panels were installed:

Ford Bronco GearShade Mesh Top HARDTOP VERSION! 057C17F8-1CAE-41F2-B37A-F6E85BD2EDE5

Is this the light gray? Or black?

Saltlife4shore

Big Bend
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
@GearShade are you using the same mesh top for both the soft top and hard top? Wanting to upgrading to a factory hard top at a later time, and would like to know it the grommets are there in the soft top version as well. Would not want to have to purchase another sunshade when upgrading tops. If so will you be selling the handle kits separately? Thank you.

Doing a forums discount code again?

Blaven

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

@GearShade are you using the same mesh top for both the soft top and hard top? Wanting to upgrading to a factory hard top at a later time, and would like to know it the grommets are there in the soft top version as well. Would not want to have to purchase another sunshade when upgrading tops. If so will you be selling the handle kits separately? Thank you.

Pretty sure a few pages ago it was mentioned that if you don't want the holes, order the soft top version.

Sponsored
OP
OP
GearShade

GearShade

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend

The mesh is the same for both. Only difference is the 2 grommet holes in the center of the mesh to access the panel twist locks on the HT version.

Not sure about the code just yet.

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Waiting until there is a code to order. Or going with Spiderweb Shades.

Also @GearShade, I hear those clips are busting left and right. Looks like someone on the Bronco6G Facebook group made thicker clips. Something to think about.

OP
OP
GearShade

GearShade

Big Bend
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Waiting until there is a code to order. Or going with Spiderweb Shades.

Also @GearShade, I hear those clips are busting left and right. Looks like someone on the Bronco6G Facebook group made thicker clips. Something to think about.
We believe that some of the clip issues are due to over-tighting the strap. It just needs to be snug. Making it tight like a guitar string is too much stress for the clip. It was designed to be sung.

We have local Broncos running around with our tops since day one. All with zero clip issues.

But...... we are having custom metal, rubber-coated, clips being made for us.

We_Love_Tacos

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco First Edition 2Dr Lightning Blue
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Ordered the Texas Flag version and cannot wait! What is nice is due to the lack of storage in the Bronco, I will take those zippered pockets and use them all the time with the hardtop version.

Pepper

Badlands
First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX350, 2001 F250 Super Duty 7.3L Dsl
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
We believe that some of the clip issues are due to over-tighting the strap. It just needs to be snug. Making it tight like a guitar string is too much stress for the clip. It was designed to be sung.

We have local Broncos running around with our tops since day one. All with zero clip issues.

But...... we are having custom metal, rubber-coated, clips being made for us.
Installed mine a couple of days ago and the center clip is the issue for me. The wind at highway speed seems to hammer the center strap to the point of it letting go. Had to stop and adjust and reconnect. Seems that of you could adjust the design to have (2) center straps, that it would give you a little more support to the center of the top in the rear where the wind causes it to flap @ highway speeds. Having to go no more than 60mph, should we be able so go plus 70mph in interstate and it not release? I am interested in a rubber coated metal clip. Thanks for the feed back
Sponsored