NightShade

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Recently moved here to GA and about to close the deal on a 2023 Wildtrak.

In Jan, I had an agreed upon price of $60,425 before taxes, rebates, discounts, etc.

Today, my dealer hits me up with the following:

Selling price$61,835
Less rebates-$2820
Optional Dealer Added Accessories$0.00
Cash price$59,015.00
Sales Tax (estimate)$5,011.59
Doc Fee$699
License$110
Total cash price$64,836.58
Payout balance of trade$0
Total charges estimate$64,836.58

My complaints/questions are the following:
  • Selling price should be the $60,425 amount we agreed to in Jan, not $61,835
  • Sale tax in GA I hear was replaced by TAVT
    • VEHICLES PURCHASED ON OR AFTER MARCH 1, 2013:
      If you purchased a vehicle on or after March 1, 2013; you will pay the "TAVT" to the tag office in your County of residence at the time of title application & registration. "TAVT" must be paid prior to the issuance of a Georgia title & license plate.
    • https://dor.georgia.gov/motor-vehic...ad-valorem-tax-tavt-and-annual-ad-valorem-tax
    • If I am reading this correctly, TAVT is 6.6% and should be collected by my county of residence during registration not the dealer
  • Doc fee of $699 seems exorbitant and this is on top of $1595.00 destination and delivery fee
    • Do I really need to be paying this or what?
  • License fee of $110.00 seems a lot for a 45 day temp tag, is this right?
Sponsored

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

FSUMcFly

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ad valorem when moving to GA is the worst. If you trade in a car that was registered in GA it is nice to only pay the difference in taxes, but if this is your first vehicle registered in GA that tax hurts.

OP
OP

NightShade

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Shoulda got it at Granger !
Those horses have left the barn my friend and there was so many questions on if they could even fulfill my order on top of the saturation vs. allotments they were getting.

Ford Bronco Georgia: About to close on this deal... need advice friends Screenshot 2023-04-28 at 4.51.25 PM

Sponsored
OP
OP

NightShade

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 F150, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Ad valorem when moving to GA is the worst. If you trade in a car that was registered in GA it is nice to only pay the difference in taxes, but if this is your first vehicle registered in GA that tax hurts.
Yep, got raw-dogged on 3 vehicles and a motorcycle purchased elsewhere. The welcome to Georgia tax!

It sounds like the dealer can't charge sales tax on top of the TAVT that is owed during registration, otherwise that would be almost 14% in taxes! If the county gets to administer the tax, I'm not sure why they (dealership) represent it on their vehicle purchase worksheet and factor it into the financing/final sale unless I explicitly needed that kind of help.

FSUMcFly

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Ordered
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Believe they have to show the full cost of the tax but it changes based on your trade in difference. Sure the worksheet doesn't have that factored in yet.

That doc fee sounds about what I paid too, think 300-800 is about normal from what I've heard. There's some credit and title costs type costs they use that to cover.

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Dealers collect the tax/tavt and send it to your tag office. That is 100% normal in GA and most dealers won't sell a new car without collecting the tax and registering the vehicle for you. That is very standard. The doc fee is what it is unfortunately. Basically a fee which is pure profit for the store but also common in GA.

That tax amount seems very high tho. 59,015+699+110 x 6.6% should be your tavt they collect.

Gotdesl

Badlands
First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ram 3500 Megacab 4x4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not that I live in Georgia, but after doing a little digging a couple of things stand out regarding the TVAT. First, it says it's based on vehicle value and not the selling price. Second, there appears to be local TVAT in addition to the 6.6 percent state TVAT. I can easily see the local TVAT getting you to the roughly 8.5 percent total TVAT that the dealers estimate reflects. Even if not, I can also see the vehicle value coming in higher than the selling price depending on where they are coming up with that number from. It would definitely be worth asking the dealer how they got to that particular estimate. It's common in a lot of places for the dealer to act as the county agent in collecting the taxes so I'm not really seeing any flags there either. Good luck whatever you decide.

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would love to only be paying 6% or 8% sales tax. California is going to get 10.5% when I have to pay up. All for the privledge of driving on crappy roads, long lines at the DMV and generally miserable state services. There's also no discount on the sales tax based on trade ins. If you trade in or sell your vehicle whoever buys it pays the sales tax on that sale and it has no effect on the tax you are charged on the new vehicle, you pay based on the sale price.

Sponsored

DREWR13

Badlands
First Name
DREW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Miata....
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

GA is 6.6% TAVT statewide, no additional local taxes that need to be collected and paid for a vehicle purchase. We all just pay the 6.6 in the entire state.

Based on some quick maths your TAVT should be around $3,945 not the 5k.

GA bases TAVT on selling price of vehicle plus fees and then minus any trade-in value.

Here is a quick sheet I put together using your numbers in our system.

Ford Bronco Georgia: About to close on this deal... need advice friends b6g-price

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
1. Yes, your base price should be what is on your order sheet from Jan. Ford will reimburse the dealer the difference between the order and window sticker price once they verify the unit was sold to the original order placer. This is standard operating procedure and Ford has done this for years in customer ordered vehicles.

2. Sales tax is off and was answered above. To clarify though, tax is calculated before the rebate discount

3. Doc fee is high and most dealers use it as a small profit center. However, at least in TX, it is law that the dealer charges the same amount for all customers so it is non-negotiable. The destination and delivery fee is set by Ford, not the dealer

4. The registration fee seems about inline for what we have down here.

First thing you need to do is get the base price right and then figure out what is going on with the taxes. The Ford docs detailing the mid year price increases and retail price protection eligibility have been posted to the forum several times. Find them and use them to remind your dealer. Also search out the MY23 pp flowchart for more info

R8RWD

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What rebates did you get?

1st 75th ranger

Black Diamond
First Name
jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford bronco bd 4 dr sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Recently moved here to GA and about to close the deal on a 2023 Wildtrak.

In Jan, I had an agreed upon price of $60,425 before taxes, rebates, discounts, etc.

Today, my dealer hits me up with the following:

Selling price$61,835
Less rebates-$2820
Optional Dealer Added Accessories$0.00
Cash price$59,015.00
Sales Tax (estimate)$5,011.59
Doc Fee$699
License$110
Total cash price$64,836.58
Payout balance of trade$0
Total charges estimate$64,836.58

My complaints/questions are the following:
  • Selling price should be the $60,425 amount we agreed to in Jan, not $61,835
  • Sale tax in GA I hear was replaced by TAVT
    • VEHICLES PURCHASED ON OR AFTER MARCH 1, 2013:
      If you purchased a vehicle on or after March 1, 2013; you will pay the "TAVT" to the tag office in your County of residence at the time of title application & registration. "TAVT" must be paid prior to the issuance of a Georgia title & license plate.
    • https://dor.georgia.gov/motor-vehic...ad-valorem-tax-tavt-and-annual-ad-valorem-tax
    • If I am reading this correctly, TAVT is 6.6% and should be collected by my county of residence during registration not the dealer
  • Doc fee of $699 seems exorbitant and this is on top of $1595.00 destination and delivery fee
    • Do I really need to be paying this or what?
  • License fee of $110.00 seems a lot for a 45 day temp tag, is this right?
i paid lux tax over 45K .4% on total
599 doc fee and tire fee 7.50 extra
after 17mth of waiting "i love my bronco"
new world new rules ...pay and become a rock star

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I cry at the taxes you guys have to pay. Count my lucky stars we pay zero taxes upon purchase, and minimal upon bi-yearly registration.
Sponsored