RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Day 2 res here, 4-door Black Diamond 2.7 with MIC and tow package. My reservation is with a smaller local dealer, which initially I thought might be to my advantage but am now wondering if it was a mistake not to go with a larger dealer with a larger allocation despite a larger number of reservations. I still have ZERO idea when I should expect delivery. My dealer can't (won't?) even tell me where I sit in their allocation lineup. I've heard nothing from Ford aside from the mass "we're trying" email that everyone received. I currently have a 2016 Durango R/T that I would love to unload while used car values are so high. But I have no clue how long I would have to get by with one fewer vehicle in the household. Two months? Six months? A year? It's the complete lack of clarity that is so frustrating. I've done many factory orders in the past (I want what I want, not what's sitting on the dealer lot), including my current Durango, as well as a 2005 Mini Cooper that was in high-demand and required a long-ish wait. But in that situation I had a clear picture of when I would get the vehicle. But not so with the Bronco. Frankly I'm starting to lose interest. I used to read this forum religiously, excitedly sucking up every drop of new information. But now those drops are becoming less frequent, there seems to be no additional clarity around the situation overall, and it's getting difficult to remain excited and positive about this new vehicle. It's been nearly a year since we all watched the launch video. It's not the wait that's killing me, but the utter lack of information. It's depressing, honestly. How many are in my situation?
Sponsored

campbebc

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Focus RS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Call 1-800-334-4375, wait a few minutes to chat with someone and have your name, email, and order # (should have been provided by your dealer) ready and they'll be able to tell you any relevant info.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Sponsored

Bronco2021RV

Base
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura rdx
Your Bronco Model
Base
You definitely are not alone you definitely are not the only one with those types of feelings. I think this is one of those situations where we can all overthink. I’ve left my reservation in tact but I went out and bought a brand new car a few days ago I’ll enjoy it until the Bronco comes at that time I will make a decision what to do next. I think for a lot of people just making a decision one way or the other can get us off of the fence. We can take a deep breath life goes on and if and when the Bronco shows up that’s the time for the next decision. Remember you’re not alone👍

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So > 100K reservations in the first couple of days, A global economic shutdown and commodity shortages and your losing interest because of the delays. Feel free to cancel at anytime. 😏

OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So > 100K reservations in the first couple of days, A global economic shutdown and commodity shortages and your losing interest because of the delays. Feel free to cancel at anytime. 😏
Not because of the delays. Because of the lack of information.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
This follows the standard ebb and flow for a new model plus a sprinkle of covid flavored salt in those sore buttox.

The answer is mostly that there are too many variables to give you a solid answer.

And as with any globally sourced JIT assembly line operating with tens of thousands of new components all impacted, units will be built based on what content is on-hand instead of on a set shipment date.

You can either hang in there and enjoy your life or let this get to you. Having any uncertainty in life is new to a lot of Americans and causes an array of emotional responses. But you won't have an answer until you have an answer and not before. Just the way it is.

Also: regarding Ford not communicating well enough with each customer at a granular level: My signature applies to this as well.

MtnRanger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Probably 6 months at most. Don’t sell until you pickup the new car. Assume that used cars will go back to where they were in 6 months. They might or they might not. If you are okay with that, then convince your brain to wait 6 months and not worry about it. If the used car price drop $2-3000 is so much that it causes heartache, sell it now and get something else.
TLDR don’t worry about things not in your control

Sponsored

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Some times you have to take the bull by the horns,or in this case kick the horse in the ass and call customer care on your own,most dealers don't care until the vehicle is there and money in your hands.

Td66

Wildtrak
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4 runner, 2 Mazda 3s
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Not because of the delays. Because of the lack of information.
Communication can go along ways from both sides of the issue. I hate the not knowing, just as bad as you. I am considering buying something in the mean time, but not because I need a new car. Hopefully, your burden will be eased in the next few weeks. Mine will last until next year, sometime in May.

Rednek

Black Diamond
First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco BD/2023 Maverick XLT/02 F150/68 Torino
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

howd you gets my photo! Lilj