Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

A shame that Ford apparently doesn't share your assessment of the state of the world and take it into consideration when making timeline promises. Nobody is arguing that it is not challenging. They are simply unhappy at being in limbo and stating the cold, hard fact that Ford knows their process better then anyone in the World and still hasn't fulfilled a single timeline promise they made long after the current production difficulties started. You speak as if people are idiots for believing the subject matter experts, FMC, when it is Ford themselves that self-inflict, either intentionally by willfully misleading or by incompetence (Or a blend of same) the damage in the trust that folks have with them. Ford doesn't seem to understand this brave new world of complications you speak of, why are you not chastising Ford for that? While a rhetorical question, one that pondering might make you understand what many others think and feel; would you personally make timeline promise in this climate without caveat? If the answer is "of course not", then why should you or anyone else who believes the same be puzzled and disappointed that Ford has chosen to do so over and over again. Perhaps it is your perspective that is the outlier, not those upset with Ford's choice to promise things they obviously cannot deliver ...
So if Ford tells you something and something happens and that something doesn't happen then it's their fault.

If the don't tell you something and something doesn't happen it's their fault.

If they don't tell you something and something happens it's their fault.

Now you know why the less a company says the better.
Sponsored

P52Ranch

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR 7MT Badlands, F150 Lightning, New Holland 4030
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Day 2 res here, 4-door Black Diamond 2.7 with MIC and tow package. My reservation is with a smaller local dealer, which initially I thought might be to my advantage but am now wondering if it was a mistake not to go with a larger dealer with a larger allocation despite a larger number of reservations. I still have ZERO idea when I should expect delivery. My dealer can't (won't?) even tell me where I sit in their allocation lineup. I've heard nothing from Ford aside from the mass "we're trying" email that everyone received.
I also have an order at a small dealer. That dealer actually has had better insight to the Bronco ordering dilemma all along than most based on what is posted here.

Early on, my dealer was very reluctant to tell me exactly where I was in the dealer order priority. That was frustrating because on B6G we had seen communications where Ford was suggesting to dealers to let their customers know where they stood. This was before ChipGate, PriorityOrderGate, MICGate, and before TrailerTowingGate.

The dealer correctly knew very early on that if they told me I was #2 based on reservation time stamp it would be meaningless and may just frustrate me. Sure enough we see Priority Orders and commodity constraints causing certain orders to to jump other orders and very early reservation holders.

Eventually, the dealer did let me know where "I stood in line" with my understanding that it was a meaningless bit of data. Sure I'm #2 out of an initial allocation of 4 but with a 2 Door Badlands and that coveted Trailer Towing package on my order who knows when I may get a VIN number.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
+1 - I feel your pain OP. I wish communication was better, but they are making the decision that poor communication is better than good communication with constant corrections regarding estimates and issues as they go.

If they give communication to enthusiasts like us who might be placated by their honesty, all the bad tidbits would be picked up by the newswires and would impact shareholder sentiment.

It's like if you're at a restaurant and your food is taking way too long to come out. The waiter is going to choose to not tell you that they dropped your steak on the floor the first try, so they're gonna try again. Second try he would choose not to tell you that they overcooked it, so they are going to try again. OK but now on this 3rd try, it should really be ready again in 5 minutes.

No, they are going to just bring it out to you once its actually on the way out, and maybe apologize after the fact and comp you a 5 dollar dessert for your trouble. If you choose to leave the restaurant before then... that's your call. But this way the word doesn't get out that the kitchen staff is incompetent because no one openly divulged it.

It's disappointing, but that's just life. Hang in there if you can. I'm trying my best to work without a car, and hoping to hang on just a few months more. I'm not sure it is going to work out for me either.
That's a really good analogy

WonkyBronky

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wildtrak, '20 Raptor, Porsches, track cars
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Must be your first time ordering a "special" vehicle. If you really want it, you'll just wait for the day it shows up. This is normal.

Mr Smith

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 C400 , 2015 Grand Cherokee , 2004 F250 4x4,
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Day 2 res here, 4-door Black Diamond 2.7 with MIC and tow package. My reservation is with a smaller local dealer, which initially I thought might be to my advantage but am now wondering if it was a mistake not to go with a larger dealer with a larger allocation despite a larger number of reservations. I still have ZERO idea when I should expect delivery. My dealer can't (won't?) even tell me where I sit in their allocation lineup. I've heard nothing from Ford aside from the mass "we're trying" email that everyone received. I currently have a 2016 Durango R/T that I would love to unload while used car values are so high. But I have no clue how long I would have to get by with one fewer vehicle in the household. Two months? Six months? A year? It's the complete lack of clarity that is so frustrating. I've done many factory orders in the past (I want what I want, not what's sitting on the dealer lot), including my current Durango, as well as a 2005 Mini Cooper that was in high-demand and required a long-ish wait. But in that situation I had a clear picture of when I would get the vehicle. But not so with the Bronco. Frankly I'm starting to lose interest. I used to read this forum religiously, excitedly sucking up every drop of new information. But now those drops are becoming less frequent, there seems to be no additional clarity around the situation overall, and it's getting difficult to remain excited and positive about this new vehicle. It's been nearly a year since we all watched the launch video. It's not the wait that's killing me, but the utter lack of information. It's depressing, honestly. How many are in my situation?

Sponsored

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Day 2 res here, 4-door Black Diamond 2.7 with MIC and tow package. My reservation is with a smaller local dealer, which initially I thought might be to my advantage but am now wondering if it was a mistake not to go with a larger dealer with a larger allocation despite a larger number of reservations. I still have ZERO idea when I should expect delivery. My dealer can't (won't?) even tell me where I sit in their allocation lineup. I've heard nothing from Ford aside from the mass "we're trying" email that everyone received. I currently have a 2016 Durango R/T that I would love to unload while used car values are so high. But I have no clue how long I would have to get by with one fewer vehicle in the household. Two months? Six months? A year? It's the complete lack of clarity that is so frustrating. I've done many factory orders in the past (I want what I want, not what's sitting on the dealer lot), including my current Durango, as well as a 2005 Mini Cooper that was in high-demand and required a long-ish wait. But in that situation I had a clear picture of when I would get the vehicle. But not so with the Bronco. Frankly I'm starting to lose interest. I used to read this forum religiously, excitedly sucking up every drop of new information. But now those drops are becoming less frequent, there seems to be no additional clarity around the situation overall, and it's getting difficult to remain excited and positive about this new vehicle. It's been nearly a year since we all watched the launch video. It's not the wait that's killing me, but the utter lack of information. It's depressing, honestly. How many are in my situation?
The whole reservation thing is a complete turnoff for me, and not something I anticipated when Ford first indicated Bronco would be returning. And now that marketing/sales model has spread to F150 Lighting and Maverick?

If Ford's target customer is some cat reserving "his and her" Broncos a year out, then see you when I see you Ford. Although the kvetching when Broncos start appearing out of the desired reservation order might be worth it for the entertainment value. :)

At this point, mostly I'm looking forward to a subset of forum members getting a Bronco, and posting some off-road trips they take and how it performs on those trips. That will be fun to see.

OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Black Diamond 4D
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Must be your first time ordering a "special" vehicle. If you really want it, you'll just wait for the day it shows up. This is normal.
Nope, not my first time and not at all "normal".

OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
So if Ford tells you something and something happens and that something doesn't happen then it's their fault.

If the don't tell you something and something doesn't happen it's their fault.

If they don't tell you something and something happens it's their fault.

Now you know why the less a company says the better.
Imagine a homebuilder running a business this way.

Homeowner: "We're ready to build! How long will our new house take?"

Homebuilder: "No idea."

Homeowner: "Well, um, when should we sell our house and how long will we need a rental?"

Homebuilder: "I can't tell you that."

Homeowner: "6 months? A year? Two years?"

Homebuilder: "Dunno."

:unsure:

Sponsored

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Imagine a homebuilder running a business this way.

Homeowner: "We're ready to build! How long will our new house take?"

Homebuilder: "No idea."

Homeowner: "Well, um, when should we sell our house and how long will we need a rental?"

Homebuilder: "I can't tell you that."

Homeowner: "6 months? A year? Two years?"

Homebuilder: "Dunno."

:unsure:
I see you’ve never had a house built. :LOL:

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doubt all you want, but they are desperate for soft top orders to keep the line going. Guys with very late res dates are getting pulled.

buzzcutt2

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Doubt all you want, but they are desperate for soft top orders to keep the line going. Guys with very late res dates are getting pulled.
The soft tops look like trash. I'd be perfectly happy with a wired-for-hardtop unit shipped with a cheap bimini top at this point. Ship out the hardtop when it's ready.

OP
OP
RedHotFuzz

RedHotFuzz

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I see you’ve never had a house built. :LOL:
Sitting in a house I had built right now. Yes, it took 11 months vs the 6 months I was originally told, but at least there was communication throughout the entire process and I could adjust my planning accordingly.
Sponsored