Reaction score
Website
twitch.tv
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My German Shepherd Dog just never liked getting into any truck. I had a Tundra Limited that I didn't modify at all. He would put his paws up and I'd have to lift him. Same with the Wildtrak. He puts his paws up and then I have to lift his back end until he gets into the Bronco.
Sponsored

Roll Tide!

Wildtrak
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Door Carbonized Gray Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How are dog owners getting their furry friends into the truck? With the Sas package, my pup has a bit of fear jumping in and even more difficultly jumping out.

Is there any kind of ramp you are using that is easy to store or even build into the Bronco somehow? I am going to get some kind of soft pad so when he jumps out, he has a softer landing, but something to make his life easier across the board would be great!

I see some of the ramps available on Amazon, but I'm skeptical of their durability and ability to "latch" onto the bronco in some manner to make it a secure ascend/descend for the pup.

Cheers!
My white shepherd mix who weighs 124 lb. and is battling an aggressive and terminal mast cell tumor in his right elbow can no longer jump in and out of my Bronco. We ordered these steps off of Amazon and they are a game changer.
I tried to post the video I recorded but it was too long so I’ll have one of my kids show me how to edit it and shorten it and I’ll post later.
Here is the link https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BVVYB8C7?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

02EDD8C1-1905-4EC6-97FB-F88716CCADA1.png

49057D87-EF54-4DC6-A37C-CBC1B6E0ADF5.png

CE7D756E-B206-4837-B336-032B98F652A9.png

982F3DF9-E527-42AD-B4A0-112DFC3A63C9.png

TxTrak

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm seeing a lot of options for the trunk access which makes a lot of sense for loading/unloading in parking lots and for trunk riding pups. My problem is that our 50lb pup is a back seat rider, and my plan is to install the Deck Enclosure from Tuffy which rules out a trunk load/unload. I don't think a typical ramp option or even a foldable step option would work from the rear door if another vehicle was parked next to us. I did buy a telescoping ramp off amazon to give it a try though. What I'd really like to know if anyone has had any luck with running boards or drop steps mounted to the side as a viable option for their pup. I'd consider expensive power running boards if they did the trick. I also imagine with these that the loading part is effective, but is the unloading part just as effective? In the meantime, I will be the human elevator.

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Luckily my little 5yr old Chorgi loves using the power steps running boards. But typically I pick him up and carry. I hate muddy paw prints all over my interior.

WPS-GHG!

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Rebel, 2021 BD Sas Mid 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My 9 yo 55 lb pup can't jump into the back seat, but she learned she can jump into the front floorboard if the seat is all the way back, then jump between the seats to the back.

Sponsored
OP
OP

somerandomguy

Wildtrak
First Name
Harguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My 9 yo 55 lb pup can't jump into the back seat, but she learned she can jump into the front floorboard if the seat is all the way back, then jump between the seats to the back.
That’s what I’ve been doing. Move the front seat forward all the way, have him jump into the foot well and then he hops into seat.
On the way out, I bought a foam pad which I put on the ground. He goes down into foot well and then jump to ground.

TxTrak

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That’s what I’ve been doing. Move the front seat forward all the way, have him jump into the foot well and then he hops into seat.
On the way out, I bought a foam pad which I put on the ground. He goes down into foot well and then jump to ground.
I think this might work if I pull the dog hammock off the back of the front seat each time for loading/unloading. Will be training this weekend.

OP
OP

somerandomguy

Wildtrak
First Name
Harguy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think this might work if I pull the dog hammock off the back of the front seat each time for loading/unloading. Will be training this weekend.
Exactly what I do!

Dogula

Heritage
First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS Badlands, 2023 CHALLENGER Shaker Widebody
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
My white shepherd mix who weighs 124 lb. and is battling an aggressive and terminal mast cell tumor in his right elbow can no longer jump in and out of my Bronco. We ordered these steps off of Amazon and they are a game changer.
I tried to post the video I recorded but it was too long so I’ll have one of my kids show me how to edit it and shorten it and I’ll post later.
Here is the link https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BVVYB8C7?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

Ford Bronco Getting dog into Sas. 982F3DF9-E527-42AD-B4A0-112DFC3A63C9

Can you store this behind the driver or passenger seat?

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Sponsored

Bronc6g22

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6, Tacoma TRDOR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have a 65lb Aussie. He CAN jump in by himself when he isn't a lil ****. However typically entails him reaching front legs into Bronco and I awkwardly lift his back end up. Never smooth...

Last edited:

AreUgettingEnufCaffeine

Big Bend
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2 Door
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My 2 dogs, will generally jump into the back, no problem. BUT sometimes the 102lb one needs to get in the front then fling himself over the console.
Both are afraid of steps or ramps and the swing gate has to be all the way open to not touch them in any way 😀

Arokcrwlr

Wildtrak
First Name
Kraig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150, 2014 Focus, 1973 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My 3 y.o lab jumps in with ease - sometimes doesn't wait for me to lift the window. She won't hesitate to jump out either, but recently I've been lifting her out as my truck is lifted on 37s and I know it will take a toll eventually...

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

We have a small Westie, so he definitely can't jump into the Bronco.

So I pick him up, pretend to make a "blast off" noise like he's a rocket ship, and then place him in his carrier inside my Bronco and strap him in.

He quite enjoys it, as do I.
Sponsored