KhoiPhish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Anyone manage to figure out a way to connect the midland MXT 275 to the car stereo somehow? I'm hard of hearing so a louder speaker would be ideal versus the handheld speaker and was wondering if there was a way to do it.

It has a USB port and a 3.5mm aux port.
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anyone manage to figure out a way to connect the midland MXT 275 to the car stereo somehow? I'm hard of hearing so a louder speaker would be ideal versus the handheld speaker and was wondering if there was a way to do it.

It has a USB port and a 3.5mm aux port.
I don't believe the available Bronco head units support any form of aux input. I think if you want something louder than the hand-held your best best is probably mounting a dedicated speaker connected to the Aux-out on the Midland.

OP
OP
KhoiPhish

KhoiPhish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I don't believe the available Bronco head units support any form of aux input. I think if you want something louder than the hand-held your best best is probably mounting a dedicated speaker connected to the Aux-out on the Midland.
Dang, I was hoping there was a way to set it up like the GPS and Music, where when the GPS navigates it lowers music volume but i also didn't think it'd be realistic lol

dmhalka

Badlands
First Name
doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There are bluetooth adapters i've seen that will use 3.5MM. I've also seen some adapters that will use AM/FM frequency to broadcast to your radio.

Bronkers

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2dr Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Dang, I was hoping there was a way to set it up like the GPS and Music, where when the GPS navigates it lowers music volume but i also didn't think it'd be realistic lol
Or if you figure out how to splice into and parallel the phone-stereo interrupt circuit without upsetting forscan, please report back!

Sponsored
OP
OP
KhoiPhish

KhoiPhish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Altima
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Or if you figure out how to splice into and parallel the phone-stereo interrupt circuit without upsetting forscan, please report back!
I made this thread in hopes someone else has because I don't know enough to even attempt it !

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I made this thread in hopes someone else has because I don't know enough to even attempt it !
Yeah, you'll really be inventing the wheel on this. For this use case I think the best bet really is one of the specialized external speakers sold just for this. I think they are like 30 bucks, weather proof and designed to be hooked to a 3.5 aux.
Sponsored