Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I currently have cars from GM (actually made in America, 100% US content), Ford (Actually made in America, 100% US content), Mazda (Hiroshima, Japan), Mitsubishi (Made in America by union labor, mostly Japanese conent).

I don't have an issue with country of origin as you are proclaiming loud and proud, which is why your "rebuttal" is wide of the mark and a bit comical.
Sponsored

eastbaybronco

Badlands
First Name
Rudy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco 4-Door CG Sasquatch 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Good bye Bronco :cry:

Sponsored

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a day 1 Bronco reservation and I'm 100% on the fence about my future right now and a lot of it boils down to cost. Especially after I sat in a Bronco 2 weeks ago and was seriously underwhelmed. In no way, shape, or form was any version of the vehicle I sat in going to be worth nearly $60k. Granted I didn't get to sit in a 2DR Badsquatch, it was a 4DR OB and a BB, neither squatched.

My 2DR Badsquatch Lux build with some options and DIO is close to $65k. The Tacoma rig I can build will either be super capable for about $10k less or really freaking amazing if I spent the same amount.

Yes, I know no removable doors or roof but I'd be making lots of sacrifices if I move forward with the Bronco (no truck bed, crappy towing, reliability, etc). And yes I know comparing the off road chops of each aren't equal. But all I need is something decent in snow and that can tackle most trails/roads for camping and fun. I think a Tacoma can do that with ease and will wind up cheaper in the long run.

Essentially the 4x4 capabilities of the Bronco have always been overkill for my needs/wants and that overkill is coming to roost in the form of 💸🤑💰

Given that I have literally every deadly sin and I'm already code 99 and I can't decide between the new 2022 Tacoma Trail/TRD Off Road/Pro I've got some time to figure everything out.
This is the problem people are starting to truly realize as they see the vehicle in the flesh. These Broncos were designed with one idea in mind, to allow the everyman the ability to become a seriously capable off-road warrior. They weren’t considering mall crawl abilities, they weren’t considering high end luxurious interiors, they had one goal in mind. Remember, Ford brought in professional off-road drivers and builders to assist in the R&D. There end goal was the Badlands/Wildtrak and naturally the first edition builds. The lower trims are filler to pay for some of the insane costs to bring this beast to life. Just wait until you can do more than just sit in a standard trim, because these events where you can take a ride or soon drive, they will help change your perspective. The off-road capability of this rig is insane and I have no problems shelling out the cash for a Squached Badlands.

FlyingBronco

Badlands
First Name
The Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're literally in the 99th percentile for height and complaining the truck doesn't fit you....

Ford Bronco Good bye bronco 1623436948774

Also, the power issues have been fixed with the latest tune from Toyota. I get that Sasquatch comes with 35's and all that but right now none of us know if it has enough power either cause very few have driven one! I'm sure it's fine though. And I can lift, tune and regear a Tacoma for less than most Sasquatch Broncos. And I'll have a truck bed and be able to tow more than a trailer full of feathers.

Oh and don't be so sure you'll fit in the Bronco, I felt VERY cramped at 5'11" when I sat in a 4DR two weeks ago. They conveniently had the doors off the driver's side to disguise how cramped it will be when they're on.
5’ 11” is one thing, but are you skinny as a rail or got some fluff to yuh? I’m about your height, 160 lbs and I rode in a 4 door, front passenger and jumped to the back. Never felt cramped, actually thought it was perfect proportions inside. The last thing I would want is an f150 size cab flailing around on the trails. This Bronco is crazy nimble, and the size makes it that much easier to grab those “oh-shit” handles in ample time.

DoorlessDriver

Black Diamond
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU; 6-speed
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Canceled reservation and bought a Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro. Around the same price and I get more bang for my buck. Leather,360 degree camera ,JBL audio…etc. Good luck everyone
Joined May 27, 2021. Whatever. Enjoy.

Isn't that the same as buying a Bronco, then joining a diehard Wrangler forum for 2 weeks so you can let them know you decided not to buy a Wrangler? Not really. Because that can almost be justified.

/s (kinda)

Last edited:

Sponsored

J.O.

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Great! Hope that moves me one Bronco closer to getting mine home!

Tor148

First Edition
First Name
Tor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Braptor Bk, 21 FE RR, 15 F250,
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

WOW
10 pages in 8 hours
Abiut one person canveling an order,

BOY ARE WE ALL REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, THAT HUNGRY FOR REAL NEWS OR INFO.......

🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

Designkid

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tis the brief and unremarkable story
Of one JeffreyHanna,
Who left us in less time than it takes
To over-ripen a Banana

He swapped his Bronco dream
For a Tacoma TRD Pro,
And even though we never knew you
We hate to see you go

We celebrate your brief presence
Like the flyover of a magnificent bird,
And wish you God’s speed
In your lumbering new TuRD

You’ll always be one of us
So know this before you go,
I’ll still flash you a friendly wave
When I pass you in my new Bronco
Ford Bronco Good bye bronco clap

Mjtermini

Badlands
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2DR Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Canceled reservation and bought a Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro. Around the same price and I get more bang for my buck. Leather,360 degree camera ,JBL audio…etc. Good luck everyone
Enjoy your new truck. Stay safe and have fun!

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I'm not going to read all this, because why should any of us care someone is buying something else? Telling a Bronco forum you're buying a Hyundai or a coffee forum you're drinking tea is pretty narcissistic. A cry for attention.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.