dwbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Canceled reservation and bought a Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro. Around the same price and I get more bang for my buck. Leather,360 degree camera ,JBL audio…etc. Good luck everyone
Don't let the door hit ya, where the good lord split ya.

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This is the longest goodbye ever.

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m a big Toyota guy. I’ve owned 3 4Runners over the years and currently have a 13 Tundra that I bought new. I think the Taco is a sweet truck and can be one of the sexiest rigs if built up nice. But no way in hell am I dropping out of my bronco for one. In my opinion there is no comparison between the 2. And I totally disagree about bang for the buck, but whether or not it has leather is way way down on my list of priorities for this kind of car.
As a Tacoma owner, ur not getting more bang for your buck....
I have a day 1 Bronco reservation and I'm 100% on the fence about my future right now and a lot of it boils down to cost. Especially after I sat in a Bronco 2 weeks ago and was seriously underwhelmed. In no way, shape, or form was any version of the vehicle I sat in going to be worth nearly $60k. Granted I didn't get to sit in a 2DR Badsquatch, it was a 4DR OB and a BB, neither squatched.

My 2DR Badsquatch Lux build with some options and DIO is close to $65k. The Tacoma rig I can build will either be super capable for about $10k less or really freaking amazing if I spent the same amount.

Yes, I know no removable doors or roof but I'd be making lots of sacrifices if I move forward with the Bronco (no truck bed, crappy towing, reliability, etc). And yes I know comparing the off road chops of each aren't equal. But all I need is something decent in snow and that can tackle most trails/roads for camping and fun. I think a Tacoma can do that with ease and will wind up cheaper in the long run.

Essentially the 4x4 capabilities of the Bronco have always been overkill for my needs/wants and that overkill is coming to roost in the form of 💸🤑💰

Given that I have literally every deadly sin and I'm already code 99 and I can't decide between the new 2022 Tacoma Trail/TRD Off Road/Pro I've got some time to figure everything out.

Last edited:

Brongo

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sweet, I just moved up! Happy for you, but I’m happy to see you outta line. If I did this same move, I’d be good until I saw someone pull up in a Bronco. 🥺
You didn't move up, I did. 🤪

But totally agree. I would be loving my new Tacoma until a Bronco passed me with the top off and people having a glorious time inside.

tenor.gif

Sponsored

internationlriders

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tacoma is a great truck, but it's sorely lacking in power, if you want 35's you gotta lift and regear, and it's so small in the cabin. I'm 6'6" and can barely fit in the latest turd pro, I can fit easily in a JLU so long as I don't move my head to far back into the roll bar, based on that I'm sure I'll easily fit in a new Bronco. Anyways great truck and congrats but let's be real, you were only considering the Bronco, you always wanted a 🌮 deep down.

41fordman

Big Bend
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 F250, 77 XL; 51 Tudor; 50 F1; 41PU; 40 Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Good bye bronco images (1)

edgeflyer

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Canceled reservation and bought a Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro. Around the same price and I get more bang for my buck. Leather,360 degree camera ,JBL audio…etc. Good luck everyone
More bang for your buck with a Toyota? Good luck.

Uintafly

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a day 1 Bronco reservation and I'm 100% on the fence about my future right now and a lot of it boils down to cost. Especially after I sat in a Bronco 2 weeks ago and was seriously underwhelmed. In no way, shape, or form was any version of the vehicle I sat in going to be worth nearly $60k. Granted I didn't get to sit in a 2DR Badsquatch, it was a 4DR OB and a BB, neither squatched.

My 2DR Badsquatch Lux build with some options and DIO is close to $65k. The Tacoma rig I can build will either be super capable for about $10k less or really freaking amazing if I spent the same amount.

Yes, I know no removable doors or roof but I'd be making lots of sacrifices if I move forward with the Bronco (no truck bed, crappy towing, reliability, etc). And yes I know comparing the off road chops of each aren't equal. But all I need is something decent in snow and that can tackle most trails/roads for camping and fun. I think a Tacoma can do that with ease and will wind up cheaper in the long run.

Essentially the 4x4 capabilities of the Bronco have always been overkill for my needs/wants and that overkill is coming to roost in the form of 💸🤑💰

Given that I have literally every deadly sin and I'm already code 99 and I can't decide between the new 2022 Tacoma Trail/TRD Off Road/Pro I've got some time to figure everything out.
That’s indeed a pricy build. I’m just over $50k with my non squatch 4 door BL with 2.7 and high package. But I am getting a good deal with Granger. But I think it compares very favorably to what I can get for $50k with Toyota.

Sponsored

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tacoma is a great truck, but it's sorely lacking in power, if you want 35's you gotta lift and regear, and it's so small in the cabin. I'm 6'6" and can barely fit in the latest turd pro, I can fit easily in a JLU so long as I don't move my head to far back into the roll bar, based on that I'm sure I'll easily fit in a new Bronco. Anyways great truck and congrats but let's be real, you were only considering the Bronco, you always wanted a 🌮 deep down.
You're literally in the 99th percentile for height and complaining the truck doesn't fit you....

880efc49aa02d4c7497f50a4df2a513c_w200.gif

Also, the power issues have been fixed with the latest tune from Toyota. I get that Sasquatch comes with 35's and all that but right now none of us know if it has enough power either cause very few have driven one! I'm sure it's fine though. And I can lift, tune and regear a Tacoma for less than most Sasquatch Broncos. And I'll have a truck bed and be able to tow more than a trailer full of feathers.

Oh and don't be so sure you'll fit in the Bronco, I felt VERY cramped at 5'11" when I sat in a 4DR two weeks ago. They conveniently had the doors off the driver's side to disguise how cramped it will be when they're on.

Rayder

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Good luck. I sincerely hope you're happy with it. I love the Taco, even worked out a deal on a dealer ordered one a few years ago, but after it got in and I took it for a test ride I realized every bad thing ever said on Tacomaworld about it was true.

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That’s indeed a pricy build. I’m just over $50k with my non squatch 4 door BL with 2.7 and high package. But I am getting a good deal with Granger. But I think it compares very favorably to what I can get for $50k with Toyota.
Apples to apples - if I take off all my DIO my price for my Bronco (2DR BL Sas Lux 2.7 Tow MIC) comes to $59,465 including all charges. And that's with Granger as well.

TRD OR starts at $35k, Pro at $45k. Not sure where Trail pricing will be. But I can build quite the rig that will include plenty of things the $59k Bronco will be missing.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If a tree falls in the forest with...

How can you say goodbye to something you never met?

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Good luck. I sincerely hope you're happy with it. I love the Taco, even worked out a deal on a dealer ordered one a few years ago, but after it got in and I took it for a test ride I realized every bad thing ever said on Tacomaworld about it was true.
Had Toyota kept the 4.0L or added an 8 or 10 speed trans to the 3.5L I don't think I would have even reserved a Bronco. So many complaints about the engine/trans combo. But from what I hear, and based on my test drives, it's no longer an issue for most and for those who still aren't happy an OVtune for $750 takes care of it nicely and opens up more options as well.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.