Sponsored

Good times.. coolant everywhere after just 140 miles (2.7 engine)

Bronco21fan

Black Diamond
First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco black diamond 2 door Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why is this still an issue any bronco being built from hear on out shouldn’t have this issue but ford is probably clueless and don’t know about the problem or just don’t give a shit like the mic top fiasco
Sponsored

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford knows the problem... mine was delivered to the dealer yesterday and they have added a retainer to the hose from the factory... my build was 10/20
Ford sucks at communication #FACT

timgarrett

Outer Banks
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 F-250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Fortunately my 9/13 build came zip tied from the factory.
Hey Jay - good to see you from our build week thread! My 9/22 build did not come zip tied. I had to add myself. It had a bit of clearance and wasn't rubbing but I still put it on to be safe.

tjnoffy

Outer Banks
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco OBX Sas, '05 Mustang GT Conv, 2 Harleys
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Hey Jay - good to see you from our build week thread! My 9/22 build did not come zip tied. I had to add myself. It had a bit of clearance and wasn't rubbing but I still put it on to be safe.
Hey, Tim! I miss the interactions in the 9/6 blend week group, but I guess that means most of us got our rigs, so that's good. I know there are some still in limbo, though. 🙁

Yeah, I was glad to find my hose well away from the pulley. I had about 200 miles or so to drive after picking it up, and neglected to check that at the dealership. Would have been ugly to be stuck on I-95 with coolant spewing everywhere!

Boxer4

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TRUCK
Your Bronco Model
Base
I mentioned it to my dealer as well. We checked under the hood and followed the coolant line. It appeared ok. But apparently I didn't look low enough into the vehicle. I was only checking the hoses at the top.. Going to check it out tonight
I believe @flip said to check it hot. The hose will expand and come alot closer.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ashventure

Ashventure

Base
First Name
Ash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Just received an update from my dealer service department. Apparently there was a small hole in the radiator which was causing the coolant loss. They couldn’t figure out how the hole got there but will be replacing it when the new radiator arrives on Monday. She said it could’ve been from the manufacturer or maybe from a rock that hit the fan. I asked her about the coolant hose which she confirmed was just fine. I will probably ask them to zip tie it anyways to be safe

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

"Good" to hear that they found the issue and will get you back on the road relatively quickly.

Jason hamilton

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Picked up my Bronco yesterday and it looks like Ford has added a connector to hold the hose off the pully. Build date 11/5.
Ford Bronco Good times.. coolant everywhere after just 140 miles (2.7 engine) 1637289503899

Hopefully no more problems.
Sponsored